ITT: Meme watches

ITT: Meme watches

Starting with the obvious

Other urls found in this thread:

wornandwound.com/review/affordable-vintage-seiko-6105/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I recently discovered that the Seiko diver watch that I inherited from my father (who was a diver), is an iconic watch that is worth between 800-1500 euro/dollar on ebay. Noice!

>not actually posting the watch
>thinking of the value of a sentimental object with dollar signs

do you know what year it was made?

I am not selling the watch. I need to get it repaired, since it doesnt run. Will cost me 200 euro, I will get the glass replaced by an official Seiko dealer. And I did post the watch, it's the watch Martin Sheen wears in Apocalypse now, which makes it iconic. Anyway, here is a pic of my watch.

According to the serial number it's from the early 70's

def get it serviced regardless of if you wear it but I wouldn't replace the crystal.

>not wanting an authentic product of revitalized Detroit
Bad go... er, guy!

You're forgetting the bigger meme watches

MVMT and Daniel Wellington, both of which you can buy the same watch movement on alieexpress for 75% less than the markup.

first person who tells me what im wearing gets a poptart

The crystal they use now is lower quality lad.

I kinda dig their shit. No cops yet but I like the classic, clean design

>fat, smelly turd on the upper half of the dial
>classic, clean design

A watch made to commemorate a mediocre school in Waco, Texas?

close

c-c-c-c-c-c-c-congratula-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lations!

A watch made by a company that used to produce quality watches before its brand was bought out by Swatch and used like leatherface used womens skin to sell shitty overpriced watches to morons with more money than sense

Just get a watch glass made from plastic if you're going to wear it. They're look fine and are cheap as dirt.
If you're going to get those wads out, buy sapphire glass, but the watch needs to be really worth it to do so.

any uniform wares bullshit

>Tag

Why not replace the glass? To keep it original?

Thanks, I will look into it.

it's hueur u twat

Sorry i didnt see your post. But is it possible to get the old crystal polished?

Redpill me on jaragar watches Veeky Forums

Yes.

that's just a turtle case seiko diver
and yours is in a pretty bad condition, i don't see why anyone wouldn't get a SRP777 instead

>mfw my favorite store started selling these overpriced POS watches
I want to boycott them for it but their clothes are just too nice.

You're a fucking idiot, people pay for the history behind it.

Please STOP TALKING about memes

not in bad condition
and if you replace the crystal, movt, polish or anything it becomes a franken

a franken is one assembled from different parts. exchanging the crystal is reversible, and his is in good condition, which explains the money it can fetch.

polishing should never be done.

this is good condition

No shit, it's sat in a box most of it's life and the OP describes it as LNIB, not good. As a daily wearer it's in good condition. Little wear on the bezel, original crown, unpolished case. Patina on the dial is unfortunate but it's common for Seikos of it's era.

apples to oranges.

I am not looking to buy a watch. And i didnt buy this watch, i inherited it. Anyway, the condition is not great, but certainly not bad when i compare it with others for sale on ebay.
Also.. it's not just 'a turtle case seiko diver', apparently it is the most wanted seiko diver for watch enthousiasts. It's the 6105-8110.

wornandwound.com/review/affordable-vintage-seiko-6105/

But for me it doesnt matter, i'm not gonna sell it anyway.

duhh

Yeah he's retarded, 6105s are cool as hell, I'm personally a really big fan of all those old Seiko divers. The new Turtle is a remake of the 6309 which is nice too but like you said it's less desirable and a lot more common than the 6105. If I had a 6105 and it had sentimental value I would totally get it fixed up, that's pretty awesome. I know I love wearing my grandpa's watch even though it's pretty beat up too.

My first watch, got it from my dad.

ps: I'm no terry nor is my father

love it, keep memeing!

pic rel- dank meme

Thanks, this thread really motivated me to get this watch repaired. It has been in my possession for 15 years, and i think has not been running for 25 years. Now I want to keep it original. I'm just getting the mechanics fixed to get it running again. But im keeping the old cristal how it is now.

Dont listen to faggots that don't know watches. Thats a Seiko 6105, if it's running and in great condition it sells for 1k+. Patina/wabi and scratches add character to this vintage seiko divers.

How much does this cost

Mine is gold capped, not solid gold. So in good condition probably like $1000+ and up to several thousand for a solid gold model, mine isn't in very good cosmetic condition but it runs perfectly and has a very clean movement so it's probably worth quite a bit less. I didn't buy it though, it was my grandfather's.

If you're interested in something similar the Omega Seamaster line from the same era is also very nice but a lot cheaper, and there's also the Omega Geneve line which is even cheaper. The Constellations were Omega's top of the line dress watch at the time, the Seamasters and Geneves were usually handwinding movements rather than automatics and were usually not chronometer grade but are still very nice looking watches.

Sold my Sturmanskie 3133 for 250€ to be able to pay a trip to París with my gf. How did I do?

>tfw I got it on an auction for just 120€ one year ago

pretty badly since you will get cucked by a Parisian

Patek Nautilus
$40k watch. what do you do for a living or are you just old money?

Dude nice, I have one too

>still resposting this fake

lol

it's a fake he posts it like every other watch thread. gets BTFO evrery time too.