Give me a few reasons on why schools should or should not have uniforms

Give me a few reasons on why schools should or should not have uniforms...

Because kids dress like shit if left to their own devices, improved social dynamics, and it doesn't really matter what you wear. If you want to express your identity through clothing you are free to do so on the weekends. That said, you could design a better school uniform that was more inclusive and non-pretentious.

Uniforms are for fags lol

In my school, cuckcore was literally a school uniform

School uniform is easier, doesn't really matter if it gets dirty and avoids unnecessary bullying. Ok online I laugh at poor people but doing that while they're trying to learn and hopefully end up not so poor is shitty. I feel it avoids a lot of mess by utilising a school uniform.

you must be 18 or over to use Veeky Forums

I used to be in a private religious school all my kinder garten to high school. It was shit.
They let us wear jeans in high school through. It was still shit.

It's stupid, as fuck, something schools do to get more profit or have you being submissive to them I'm guessing.

This

I am? I just want an opinion

yep, agreed. You have many other ways to express yourself, and schools w/out uniforms usually ahve kids that are too scared to come in their preferred clothing lol

You work better when when dressed appropriately, this is psychological fact.

It also teaches discipline

>encourages discipline
>being this much of a cuck to the status quo

lmao what are you 15. You need discipline to achieve literally anything. This is an 18+ board

self discipline yes. but what has this got to do with succumbing to the will of a power structure through wearing a uniform.
I value autonomy and free thought over and obedience.
Also for the record I went to a no uniform school and it was great.

I went to a boarding school and we only wore the uniforms once a week. You bought the shoes, the pants, and basically everything except the blazer yourself (although you were expected to match what you bought appropriately). This is how I think the uniforms should be done. You have a dress code you should stick to but you can change it a bit to fit what you personally want.

>something schools do to get more profit or have you being submissive to them I'm guessing.
What the fuck are you talking about? The point of the uniforms is so the kids don't have to worry about what they're gonna wear every day, and completely stops any bullying based on home life or personal eccentricities. Can you imagine how fucked a kid would be if he showed up in tattered broke boy clothes or faggoty looking stuff? It just makes everything a lot simpler for young'uns in their formative years. There's also other stuff like fostering a sense of comraderie and school pride or whatever, but that's more dependant on the individual.

Fuck off with your ITS A CONSPIRACY TO GET MONEY AND SUBMISSION bullshit, you dumb tripfagging cunt.

>succumbing to the will of a power structure through wearing a uniform
we're talking about high school not communist china you insane cunt

It is for business aka to make profit. obviously. Idk if you were to a private religious school with uniform like I did but if you asked the question in topic and the director told you that he bullshitted you hard user.

>It is for business aka to make profit.
have you heard of fees? If they dropped the uniforms they just add losses into the yearly cost. I don't think people sending their kids to private school are going to give a single fuck about another $1000 or whatever over the course of 5 years.

No the only reason people use uniforms now is to stop kids from dressing proactive

I don't think school uniforms are healthy at all.

It prevents you from developing your own identity, for the sake of safety. What a terrible solution. Rather teach people to deal with bullying and not to bully.

How about you teach kids to deal with bullying and not to bully, instead of a uniform?

Bullying will happen regardless of uniforms. Uniforms are terrible for the individual mind.

I think you guys are putting far too much gravitas into how you dress when you're a literal 13 year old. It's somewhat expected on a fashion board, but do you really think kids feel like their personal growth is stifled because they can't wear their effay street gear?

And I think you were never in a private school with uniform. It's bullshit that really didn't serve a propose, I could have saved the money spent on the uniform for idk nice Adidas shoes or video games back in the day.

it's a cost that I don't like. If the uniform was optional you would bet your ass that very few would wear it. Uniforms must be made obligatory because not even if given for free people will wear them daily, people generally just prefer to wear their own clothes.

so it's pretty shit when you're forced to buy an uniform to study in a school you're already paying for.

>And I think you were never in a private school with uniform
I was in a private catholic school the whole time
>It's bullshit that really didn't serve a propose
>I could have saved the money spent on the uniform for idk nice Adidas shoes or video games back in the day
I don't think you paid for your uniform, mate. I'm like 90% sure you're some 18-19 year old who still thinks that high school was some big bag establishment looking to crush your individuality and make you into an obedient drone.

my mom whatever but money is money. if it could have been saved for stuff that I actually like or just to save more that would have been a lot better. school uniforms a shit.

in fact in my collage they gave uniforms for free the first day. nobody wore them, everyone thought it was dumb. I use the uni's tees as pajamas through.

>high school was some big bag establishment looking to crush your individuality and make you into an obedient drone.
>implying its not

>You can express your opinions and personality!!.... but only on weekends

it's an equalizer, it levels the playing field to a limited extent

I went to two different schools in my last two years of high school, and one was less strict than the other with uniform.

The one that was strict claimed that the uniform was to prevent any type of bullying based on what the kids would wear if they could choose anything they wanted, and that it was easier to keep track of students when on excursions.

The other school only required you to have the t-shirt with the schools logo on it, you could wear whatever jeans, shoes, or jacket you wanted to.

They were both public schools.

>succumbing to the will of a power structure

You can't avoid this. You're not in anarchist Spain. Get over yourself.

More money to hand over to the education jews

This. Kids will conform to the shit clothes that are acceptable. They are inevitably shit due to their awful taste.

>inclusive
fuck off back to Яeddit

>tips fedora

Where I'm from school uniforms are pretty much unheard of, but I wouldn't mind if our schools started with that.

I feel kids that age don't need to think about clothes, especially designer clothes, and should be more focused on learning. When I was < 18 I didn't care about clothes at all and pretty much dressed in Walmart-core, but when I occasionally pick up my gf's younger sister from school I see these kids with really expensive (for people their age) clothes, with most of them having all the latest, trendy items and it's just ridiculous.

When they go to university they can dress however they want.

fuck i hate wearing my uniform
it's not so much as expressing your identity and shit as having to wear the same shit over and over again

also another point on the argument that it levels the playing field for all social demographics.
I think its the exact opposite. Uniforms are usually much more expensive than regular casual clothes. I think its more obvious who the poorer kids are when they're forced to wear uniforms because they're all faded old handmedowns that don't fit properly.

Ausfag here and uniforms are shit

Public school kids have to wear Polo shirts with matching pants, doesn't have to be school branded but has to be school colours, some sock colours are banned at some schools too

The only thing we could control is our shoes so poor kids still got bullied if they didn't have some Nike 95s or similar shit

at that age, clothing definitely is a form of expressing yourself or associating yourself with a group
so uniforms can stifle that expression, but i can see the other argument about everyone dressing the same and having one less barrier of interaction

but, uniforms do not prevent cliques from being formed

Why can't the boys wear the uniform skirts?

lmao I can 100% say that I did not work in school because of a fucking tartan skirt. Nor did I ever stay in school uniform long. I was criticised for the type of socks I wore. Not a healthy learning environment when your teachers bully and threaten you to wear a uniform.

Uniforms are good. You don't need to worry about what you will wear the next day. I don't know why you fags care so much about MUH EXPRESSION.

Would have liked an alternative like this at school.

My school uniform was shit, it was very expensive because one company had some shit deal with my school so you could only buy it from them, even though it was badly made.
Because it was so badly tailored, it made everyone look horrible. If your clothes happend to look nice, the teachers would literally pull you aside and give you detention for not wearing the official school uniform.
It was made of horrible polyster and stuff, so the uniform was very hot in summer and fucking freezing in winter, and of course if you dared to wear a coat or scarf, it wasnt part of the uniform so you would get detention and the item would be confiscated.
So personally I am against uniforms, but I do think that if uniforms are done properly then they are fine and theres no reason not to have them. But sadly most schools are cheap and shit so I think my experience would be what would happen at most.

Fellow Ausfag.

I can also safely say that 'designer brand' bullshit still came into play even WITH a uniform. I know my friends had Nike sneakers during phys ed. Nobody made a big fuss about people's kmart shoes.

public schools no

private schools yes

Burn your school.

This. Uniforms don't stop bullying at all as kids will always find so,etching from shoes to hair to allowed jewerly and etc.
There was some gay kid of pretended to be transgendered occasionally who showed up in geobaskets. Was extremely funny

School uniforms are okay cos you don't have to worry about what to wear the next day. the only problem with this is that anything that's not on the standard is considered wrong and they expect you to change/remove certain clothing or you're forced to leave school...

I think this is the reason why I'm so conscious about what I wear due to fear of judgement of my teachers.

My school issued to make raincoats but the school rule was that it was only allowed to wear outside but not inside of class.. It led to a lot bureaucratic bullshit but it was later fixed a year later.

>I'm a 17 year old LEL ANARCHIST XD