Sup fags

sup fags,

went to the barber today and after they cut my hair they sprayed "salt spray" into it, something like pic related. Gave my hair alot more volume etc. Apparently its basicallly just salt + water to give your hair more volume (like when u went to the beach). Ive looked up some tutorials and it seems pretty easy to make (though i found some different recipes). Does anyone here uses/recommends it? Anyone got some tips for good recipes to make this

ty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8jojs5jBqc
jet.com/product/Not-Your-Mothers-Beach-Babe-Texturizing-Sea-Salt-Spray-8-Ounce/d50c492cb51049be960395ec8831d736
elle.com/beauty/hair/news/a15018/diy-sea-salt-spray-perfect-beach-waves/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pics of hair before and after user, please. We need to see the difference

pic is the best product I've ever used. effect is quite similar to hairspray (syoss f.e.), but the thing is you can change your hairstyle after applying and hairstyle still look good

but its nothing glossy right, cause i dont want that. Also, any way to make something like that yourself?

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

ty for bumping the thread senpai, appreciate it,

yes it's rather messy
I like it anyway
>any way to make something like that yourself?
here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=c8jojs5jBqc

yeah i saw that video. I see alot of people adding a little cheap gel though. would that really matter? Also saw people adding lime juice and even vodka to brighten your hair a bit. im afraid that might damage my hair though?

no idea buddy

Gel is for some extra hold, however you would lose some of the benefit of having a completely natural/handmade product.

Making it yourself has that advantage, as well as being so much cheaper because most sea sprays are insanely expensive for what they are. Not saying they're bad, just that a small bottle for 30 dollars is a lot.

I make my own sea salt spray, you can ask me questions.

Forgot : vodka and other ingredients besides water+salt aren't necessary, they're just here to lighten the hair, sometimes darken it, sometimes to help preserve the spray.

the sea spray i use was like $6 from jet.com and it's pretty good. i shower before bed and spray it afterwards, and i get some pretty cool bed head effect from it. wouldn't recommend this to someone who's looking for a neat/clean hairstyle.

>I make my own sea salt spray, you can ask me questions.

do you use the recipe in that video or do you have your own recipe? Also before/after use pictures would be fantastic

I kind of make my own recipie though i've borrowed heavily from others

I use water, epsom salts instead of sea salt, and my own little twist is I add some glycerin and aloe vera gel, which are great to moisturize the hair. That way you get a texturizing effect without it being too dehydrating for the hair.

Now it doesn't give me much hold, when my hair gets a tad long it isn't really enough to keep a specific shape. I made the spray in the hope of getting something that could give me texture, the kind of product that lets you run your hand through your hair and get a cool texture, without it being too structured. The basic style is a side part, it can look anywhere between a lose pomp and just a messy side part. My hair isn't long enough to really get waves, I really just wanted something to texturize with.

You can experiment with himalayan salt, I hear all those minerals are beneficial. A lot of recipes list coconut oil as an ingredient, which is fucking retarded because coconut oil will solidify when it isn't warm and you would be able to spray it on your hair. You need some kind of dry oil, such as argan oil but it's expensive.

I'm pretty happy with it overall, but i'm not entirely satisfied. One of the main issues is how my hair looks the next day when I wake up, I get meh looking pillow hair because the texture works against you, and I almost never restyle my hair : I style after shampooing, and I expect it to last for the next 3 days. It works if my hair isn't too long.

Plus side : not too dehydrating thanks to the glycerin, amazing for volume and the thickening effect, natural ingredients, won't give you cancer, and it's cheap as fuck to make.

jet.com/product/Not-Your-Mothers-Beach-Babe-Texturizing-Sea-Salt-Spray-8-Ounce/d50c492cb51049be960395ec8831d736

this?

I should add that glycerin dosage needs to be precise, otherwise it will have a dehydrating effect on your hair instead of a beneficial one. It's supposed to be 10% of the total water content, but since it's denser than water, it won't be let's say 10ml of glycerin for 100ml of water. It's more like 8ml for 100ml. You've got a little bit of wiggle room there, but not much so stick to no more than 10%, even if you take the hard values into account and not the density.

Hope that makes sense, otherwise there should be millions of "hydrating diy hairspray" recipes out there, you would not believe the amount of women bloggers who post about that stuff online.

wow, thanks for that wall of text, I'll save it and look deeper into it later. One more question: what kind of hair do you have naturally? Mine is really thick, short-ish and generally a bitch to handle, so I'm not sure if that would work for me

I just made my own with stuff i had around:
>synthetic sea-salt (for aquarium)
>jojoba oil
>lemon juice
>a little coconut-wax

how did it turn out?

I'm happy so far
i have shitty thin/ning hair and was looking for some volume
this gives volume in a dry, natural way
could get too dry though, because i was generous with salt

Well my hair is kind of the complete opposite, really thin, used to be wavy but now it's just straight.

That's why I love it for volume.

One last thing, this article is cool not so much for the recipe but for the dosage, there's one picture where you can see those measuring spoons filled with the product, so you can see how much you should be adding, plus or minus.

If you add more salt you get more texture, something rougher. As I said, glycerin dosage matters, as for aloe vera gel, add as much as you want it doesn't matter (should be quite a bit but there's no such thing as too much, I don't think.

I'm also going to be looking into hair powder because if you want a really dry (not wet looking), hairstyle with volume and texutre, there aren't a million options.

lmao forgot the link

elle.com/beauty/hair/news/a15018/diy-sea-salt-spray-perfect-beach-waves/

ur the real mvp user. big thanks mang

don't mention it

Hair powder is amazing, been using it for years on my fine hair for volumising and lift/reworkability. Big sexy makes a volumising powder that isn't waaaaaaay expensive. I'm still trying to source a supplier for the raw ingredient so I can buy in bulk and experiment more.

Just bought some Taft/Schwarzkopf product to try it out, it's apparently the exact same product as the Osis Dust it (same ingredients in the same order and all) for much less.

We'll see how it goes. Powder seems like a pretty technical product to make, I've found quite a few hair pomades and sprays to do yourself but none for the powders yet.

I have seen a few women experimenting with corn starch, but mostly as a dry shampoo type of product, to absorb oils in between shampoos when the hair is too greasy. Some dry shampoos out there use corn starch as well and have a great volumizing and texturizing effect as well, but I try to restrict dry shampoo to mostly a cleaning role, I've heard it can be detrimental if used too often.

So yeah maybe something to consider as far as ingredients go.

thanks il mention this to my barber