theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

tkmaxx.com/womens/fragrance perfume/icat/1611#esp_cf=ESP_Rational_Style&esp_filter_ESP_Rational_Style=MEN'S FRAGRANCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

>Le Labo The Noir 29
I agree, it's a great scent. In their top 3 or 4 imo, which is a huge relief since it's their first scent since being bought by Estee Lauder and a lot of people were predicting the worst.

YSL HOMME is my stench of choice.

ok guys im totally confused on what to get
ive tried creed virgin island water and while I currently like it I can see it becoming a scent I hate based on how cloying it is or maybe just the coconut note
I've been trying neroli portofino forte and the regular and the forte is more up my alley but still smells off can't really say what it is
I was thinking of trying MI from creed but I'm open to any suggestions
currently own: TV and TL
hate GIT eau fraiche and eau sauvage
I live in a really hot dry area if that matters much

forgot to mention but im also very interested in some le labo frags
i tried rose 31 but it's something I'd buy for my girlfriend not something i want to wear
all suggestions are welcomed

r8 or h8?
women seem to love this one for some reason over my other fragances and I like it because it lasts very long

try some stuff from acqua di parma, they make nice summer scents
try colonia, colonia assoluta, fico di amalfi and mirto di panarea

what a gay ad

Ordered pic related for delivery sometime next week. Only other Creed I own is Aventus. Did I choose wisely? It was less than $130 / 4.2 oz.

opinions?

have any of you guys tried anything by ortigia before? thoughts?

I want a fragrance that will be perfect for when Russia finally takes over the world, what are some good options?

Just splash Vodka on your neck every hour.

seconding Acqua Di Parma fragrances, in addition to 's suggestions, try Essenza di Colonia (similar to Neroli Portofino), Colonia Intensa (the most masculine flanker of the original Colonia), and Ginepro di Sardegna (the successor to AdP's wonderful but sadly long discontinued Cipresso di Toscano)

it's my favorite Creed, but if you are looking for something very distinctive and unique, you may be disappointed

pic related
Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
Le Labo Benjoin 19
Novaya Zarya Red Moscow eau de cologne

I just ordered versace pour homme, what shall i expect besides being a basic bitch etc. sorry, my budget is very limited atm

212 VIP has notes of Vodka in it

24, male. Never used perfume/cologne before.

Is the only way to choose a perfume is to go in store? What should I be expecting to spend on a decent scent?

I'm looking for something light yet masculine for the summer.

I have dark thick hair and olive skin. I'm pretty oily.

Yeah, you have to try them in person and that's the easiest way, but you can also buy samples online. I don't know why so many here insist on blind buying fragrances.

Also, never buy bottles retail unless you have no other option. Always cop online, where you can generally expect to pay between 35-75 USD depending on the fragrance. If you went to an actual department store, it would be double that at least.

Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
Dior Homme Cologne
Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Armani Prive Figuier Eden
Hermes Un Jardin Series
Hermes Eau du Mandarine Ambree
Hermes Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
Tom Ford Rive d'Ambre
Tom Ford Costa Azzura

Although I use it primarily as a casual summer fragrance I find that it has a classiness about it that your run-of-the-mill citrus scents lack. Maybe its the neroli? Although its inexpensive online I certainly don't find it cheap smelling. Compliments galore as well

everything Le Labo makes is unisex, and Rose 31 is one of the more masculine ones desu. their other masculine leaning frags are Patchouli 24, Oud 27, Thé Noir 29, and Vetiver 46 (very similar to Commes de Garcons 2 Man if you've tried that; by the same nose who, in fact, developed the Le Labo from a "prototype" he made the CdG)

Lasts not long enaugh for me

Just got 15ml of this for 8€ (used) on ebay. How you guys like it?

>less than $130 / 4.2 oz.
Where? Any other Creeds priced that low?

I used to wear it in high school but I don't remember what it smells like.

I would also get Perry Ellis 360 Red to alternate with it. 360 Red is good for any occasion. If you got 20 bucks this is the best cologne you can get for sure.

Fragrancenet had 4 oz testers for $125.99, but are now sold out. The retail box Creed Royal Water with spray cap is listed at $139.99 right now.

Really? I had this and it was pretty meh. I hated the lavender note but then again I hate prominent lavender notes too. I swapped it for a Silver Mountain Water clone. I think I got the better end of the deal.

Bought pic related at work, it's alright by me. My first cologne so I went off of a friend's recommendation. I like the light smell of it. Using it for classes/campus/work.

What's the golden rule for applying it? I usually do two sprays. One on my chest under my shirt, and one on the underneath of my jaw/neck.

Would like it to be apparent if someone is within a foot of me, like when I walk by they can smell, but I don't want to reek of the shit, like you can smell it strongly within a few feet. Where are the best places/amounts of spray to do?

Also
>Suggest something else for me? Would like to buy another bottle in a few paychecks. I'm new to the whole fragrance wheel. I like natural/outdoorsy smells,, so I guess woody, mossy, dry, water, green but more masculine?

I want to smell like a forest. Any forest. Jungle forest, Japanese forest, a desert forest, anything. As long as it is good. Help me, please.

Looking for a scent (specific or just general notes to look for) I can wear in a hot humid summer. I like my winter frags to be on the sweet side, like tobacco. I like citrus but I don't wana smell like a fruit. pls help

CDG Wonderwood

Tsar is literally bottled forest.

Copped Jubi last weekend and it's still tightly wrapped because I can't bring myself to use such a luxurious fragrance on a work day.

Sad thing is, on my rest day I'm more inclined to wear something casual.

I literally bought a shelf ornament.

Wear luxe or out of season frags in the evenings for yourself after you're home from work. That's the only way I wear Tuscan Leather or Chinatown.

>One on my chest under my shirt, and one on the underneath of my jaw/neck.
that's good enough for most fragrances. i sometimes add a third spray on a wrist (which i then dab on the other wrist) or under the shirt around the belly button, occasionally both if i really want to project or the scent is abnormally weak

Check out everything from the brand Juniper Ridge, also:

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
Loewe Esencia Pour Homme
L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe

Looking for "projection monsters". Got a few questions

> Any experiences with Fleur du Male, Fahrenheit 32 and Gaultier 2 ?
> Versace's the Dreamer has a pretty good sillage score on fragantica but some comments say that on them it doesn't last at all, has anyone here tried it ?
> Does Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane smell as tacky and guido as the bottle makes it look ?
> Are there any women fragrances with strong projection that could work for a guy ? Like Shalimar and Mitsouko for instance.

Thanks

When I wear Bond Scent of Peace for Him I can easily be smelled from ten feet away. More or less the most powerful frag I own.

I got Fleur Du Male and its definitely a projection monster. Two sprays with it and you're good to go. In terms of smell its very different from Le Male, its much sweeter with floral overtones.

I'm a girl and wear the original dior Fahrenheit quite often. The sillage is unbelievable.

>projection monsters

Creed Aventus
Serge Lutens Chergui
Dior Homme
Le Labo Vetyver 46

This i love, the only issue with it, that it doesn't last long.

One of my gotos in summer besides Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Annick Goutal Mandragore

Which other men's / unisex fragrances do you enjoy wearing?

Thierry Mulger A*Men is pretty massive, if you put more than 3 sprays you suffocate a small nation.

>Japanese forest
CdG x Monocle Hinoki

Cheaper designer alternatives for Reflection Man?

Love the full-yet-light feel of it to the nose, and the minty/slightly mentholated vanilla quirk it has.

On the other hand, I can do without the tortilla chip heart note.

we /sp/ now

19, Male
I'm new to fragrances and I want something that'll smell nice for spring/summer and give off a nice comfy warm scent. I haven't really looked to deep into fragrances until now and it seems really cool how much more to fragrances there is than just "smells nice".

Is there anything worth getting here?
tkmaxx.com/womens/fragrance perfume/icat/1611#esp_cf=ESP_Rational_Style&esp_filter_ESP_Rational_Style=MEN'S FRAGRANCE

or could any be recommended that'll be good for the season. Though I'll put in that I live in the UK so the the weather is bad and it rains alot, maybe something that would fit in with this weather too.
Sorry if this is too vague, it's my first time in one of these threads so I just looked at how other people posted.

If it's a cooler day in the summer, go with "Play Red" by CdG or "2" by CdG. If it's hotter go with "Play Green"

BTW, during Fall/Winter, or maybe some nice chill Spring days, go with "Divin' Enfant" by Etat Libre d'Orange.

>Play Red: Fruity, a nice warm spicy (but not black pepper-tier spicy), really red and playful scent
>2: Aromatic, also a bit spicy but not quite like Play Black or Play Red. Smells like Ink, Aldehydes, Magnolia, and other good stuff.
>Play Green: Mint, Lime, Vetiver, etc. Very green, really refreshing, good shit.
>Divin' Enfant: Very sweet, semi-gourmandish. A bit floral, with some tobacco and leather

These scents DO walk the line, so if you're a silly shit who is nervous about that, stick to Play Green only.

is terre d'hermes something you could wear every day? alternatively la nuit de l'homme, dior homme or bleu de channel
looking for something universal that works in most settings during most seasons

Thanks, I'll look into these.

Yeah, Terre d'Hermes is a year-round every situation type of fragrance.

Also, just to add. I'm looking for something cheapish. Under £50 hopefully, just to start out with.

looking for some suggestions—really love CDG kyoto but it doesn't seem to project or last more than a quarter day—any recommendations for something similar?

Guerlain stuff

King tier Summer night fragrance. Unnaturally expensive, but JUST.

New to fragrances, looking for recs.
Looking for something to wear as a signature, everyday scent. Am a small 18 y/o grill and I like my youth. I prefer lighter scents that aren't crazy or overpowering, leaning towards a slight hint of florals and/or vanilla. A little stronger might be okay for when I'm feeling more bold. I'm currently looking at Lolita Lempicka and L'eau d'Issey Issey Miyake for women. Anything come to mind? Don't really have a huge pricepoint if it's exactly what I'm looking for, but under $150 would be nice.

faggot that is a women's fragrance

>small 18 yr grill
>calls her faggot

user can't read

you misquoted

>19, Male
both of you can't read

Didn't you see the Mens fragrance filter.

La Vie est Belle by Lancôme.
Orange blossom, iris, jasmine and vanilla. I think you'll like it.

Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane

How can you tell how long specific brands last? I'm looking for a casual friendly work oriented scent that lasts all day and doesn't need to be resprayed at lunch time.

Do you catch other people wearing some of the fragrances talked about in the community? Like how often did you smell acqua di gio on other people since it's the msot popular fragrance ever aparently?

Continuing that, have you ever smelled aventus on someone else?

you can check a perfume's Fragrantica page and it shows users' votes for longevity and sillage

DIY fragrance? Anyone?

I have a coworker on whom I've smelled Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Another coworker copped a decant of Aventus from me so he smells like that most days.

I've smelled Versace Eros out in the wild twice

Like the other guy said, fragrantica, but when testing IRL, it is better to rely on other peoples' noses, as you never know when you are suffering from olfactory fatigue, esp when you are new to a fragrance.

And you didn't say what season or a price range, but here are a couple general purpose casual work safe affordable suggestions with great longevity:

360º Red/Black fM
Cool Water
Gucci pH II
TdH

I have a friend that wears versace pour homme but that's about all I ever notice.

I'd like to start, been looking at getting some supplies from the DIY link in OP but it would probably just end up a waste of money due to the inherent trial and error involved

Very rarely, but then I don't go to clubs. The extent of my gawn oot is live music at...clubs, but not "club" clubs, you know? I've maybe smelled AdG a handful of times in the wild. Aventus once. I really don't notice people wearing scent much at all, unfortunately, since I love it and would totally like to talk about it.

What should I expect from this fragrance?

not very often, really. i'm not well acquainted with some of the very popular scents like 1 Million so i couldn't pick it out of a crowd (i do have a bottle of Acqua Di Gio i got as a gift, but haven't actually come across it in public). i have smelled what seems like Aventus, Santal 33, and CdG 2 Man fairly regularly, though, and it seems like every other middle-aged woman has a bottle of Chanel No. 5

but the scents i come across most are those cheap smelling body sprays girls get at like Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works.

This or original Le Male?

Can any (australian) fragrance shoppers recommend good places to buy online? Lots of places in the sticky don't ship to aus or have crazy shipping costs. I forgot how expensive things were at retail prices here - $90 for a typical designer frag is fucking ridiculous.

I just buy my stuff off ebay.

Pic related arrived today, and it was love at first spray. I've never tried the original Eau Sauvage (EdT or EdP) and copped this "flanker" primarily because I am a fan of cologne-style fragrances. This one is relatively dry and completely non-floral, lacking any neroli note. It's still definitely a cologne, as I get various citrus notes along with petitgrain. The vetiver base is light and makes for a smooth finish. I'm very interested in the supposed effects of hedione in women and will test this out as my daytime date fragrance.

Try DIY-forum on basenotes.

This is a dad fragrance man. I'm not saying it smells bad but it's usually for older men.

This is the Cologne version (2015). As a Cologne, shares almost none of the notes of the original 1960's edition, which is a Dad fragrance.

Please rate my set for Summer /frag/

It's pretty good. Don't like Guerlain's Vetiver though

There's one weird note that reminds me a dentist cabinet, but I love its herbal and earthy tones

I prefer l'Occitane's Eau de Vetyver. Smells like a forest or something, humid as fuck with mosquitoes I guess.

3/10

Original Terre D'hermes or Eau Tres Fraiche?

cheers. any sellers you prefer or do you just shop on a case by case kind of basis??

For run of the mill fragrances, Chemist Warehouse and Priceline have you pretty well covered. The 7 or 8 frags I have gotten from there have always been legit and more or less held to what I've read about them on Fragrantica. Definitely not grey market sourced imo.
As for the more expensive designer brands, David Jones & Myer are your best bets, even though it's pricey as fuck. If you're nice to the saleperson and show a genuine interest in the product, they'll be very inclined to knock up some samples for you. One guy in Sydney Market Street David Jones gave me a 3ml sample of Tobacco Vanille & Neroli Portifino and I wasn't even buying a fragrance, I simply just asked.

Just make sure you sample sample sample before you commit to a bottle. You don't want to drop a hundy and regret the bottle.

I like Indigo by NEST. Really light floral fragrance.

Oh and a decent website for your well known Niche houses like Nasomatto, Amouage, Tauer etc etc, try Mensbiz(.)com(.)au There was an article on Fragrantica about niche fragrances in Australia and that was one website mentioned.

Odyssey smells like cat piss, Mugler cologne is a decent soapy frag & Vetiver is amazing.
7/10

I have the EDP and I would take that over fraiche. Although, every /frag/ thread for the past 6 months, someone always raves about the fraiche version. As for a summer frag, it's top 10 imo. But there's something about the EDP that is just intoxicatingly nice, especially it's phenomenal projection, longevity & compliment factor.

What do I do if a fragrance lacks longevity?

I'm reluctant to just spray more, as I don't want to smell like a Turk for an hour or more.

Guys, getting a Versace Eau Fraiche for this summer, but looking for something else along the line for other days. Any personal recommendations?

Thanks user