Uni thread

uni thread

starting in the fall

kill urself my man

Football and basketball team are disappointing but I still follow them
Chet Haze, live fucksaw demonstration, Jews everywhere
You totally sure you wanna go to Northjewestern, OP

live fucksaw? chet haze? what is this chit

ya im bretty sure brahs. only place i can afford unless i get off that harvard waitlist.

going into finance or consulting so the jews will be advantageous.

ah fuck just looked both of them up.

ill be sticking to math/econ strictly so i should be good.

Kaufman's in Skokie makes great sandwiches
And the super h mart in Niles is fuuuucking awesome

starting this fall.

what to expect? give it to me straight

any edinburgh man here

My girlfriend and 2 very good friends are going to NW

Very nice. Chicago's a great city and Northwestern's a good school.

>what to expect?
No respect from kids who worked hard in high school.

Ryerson present.

Summer courses here I come. Wish actual spring/summer would start tho - I keep buying clothes I can't wear.

Reed vs Occidental guy here

I ended up choosing Oxy

Hope you get to see a Notre Dame / Pitt game before finishing school that's one of my favorite rivalries in football

Will save this, thanks for the info bro. You go there or what?

And what are you doing?

First name? And what state is she from? Inb4 I end up fucking your girl orientation week.

Yeah man I'm hoping I won't be too swamped with work and homework to get down there. Thanks.

Lived in Chicago for awhile and spent a lot of time in the northern suburbs

My dick tastes like apples and cinnamon- if you kiss a girl who tastes like that you'll know

hmu fa bbs

any other tips or gems bro? where you living now?

Nice bro I hope we get to share that bond.

OP here, got accepted but they wanted 50k/year lol. hope u enjoy it bro its an awesome campus with great girls from what i saw.

any advice before I go in?

MN
There's a lot to do so just be open to exploring the burbs
I have found some kickass ethnic supermarkets if that's something you're interested in

And if you get down to Chicago just walk around as much as possible there's so fucking much to see. The Greek neighborhood west of downtown is cool as shit, for example

pretty hype tbhfam

Hell yeah man you have any names or locations you can give me?

Will definitely be walking around as much as possible. Favorite neighborhoods? Any places to ignore or avoid?

Will I get shot?

Lol this could turn into a lynching so I'll just say that I personally don't like going on foot in South Chicago. Pilsen is fine but the area directly south of UIC is bullshit and full of thugs; I don't care about poor kids trying to hustle me but am not a huge fan of having to deal with unmedicated homeless people

I like going to boystown (no bully), gold coast, and wicker park whenever I have a day to spend downtown. When I lived in Chicago I went to a lot of shows in wicker park and the surrounding neighborhoods

72% acceptance rate

if u meet a chubby diabetic lesbian named claire (also an incoming freshman) give her my regards

I got in already familia I meant will I get shot by new ro thugs.

Jack?

not if you go full gosha,,,,,,

no one will mess with you then

Lol alright man thanks for the info. Really appreciate it I've only visited once for like 2 days and stayed in Barrington Hills with my cousin.

Really looking forward to the experiences bro.

Hope things go well for you.

First year at UCI here and wishing I chose SB instead. Fuck this shitty as gook full lame as shit school

Fuck one more thing, any advice on finding new dealers for weed/psychs?

I know new ro pretty well since I grew up nearby. I'll just stay out of the south side.

Anyone at UGA? Is it effay, being in a college town and all.

Thanks

Salvation Army in Elk Grove Village is very nice; got a Norse Projects Nunk there last year for twelve bucks
Mitsuwa in Arlington Heights sells Japanese magazines if that's your thing
Super H Mart in Niles has a badass home/kitchen section and even has a Face Shop and Amore Shop on site. There's a Korean bookstore in that plaza that gets Korean fashion magazines but the good ones sell out
Wally's Market in Mount Prospect is a legit good supermarket with the best in-house bakery ever; there's a tiny ass polish deli in Wooddale that is great too. I'm not polish but the polish places have high quality inexpensive food
Valli's in Arlington Heights is another good supermarket but there might be one closer to Evanston
There's a Russian supermarket across the street from the Trader Joe's in Arlington Heights that is also pretty cool
Not that Mariano's doesn't get the job done; I just like going to smaller chains or independent stores importing their own stuff

Downtown Chicago has way too much shit to check out; just get off at the Jackson red line station and start walking around. You'll find cool stuff to see pretty much everywhere

Boston bois

Fuckin awesome man. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out.

I won't know anyone there so this will give me some shit to occupy my time until I make friends.

Starting in August

I try to hit up Patagonia (which is right next door to Barbour), Independence (owned by the guys who run Oak Street Bootmakers, also very close to those stores), Adidas equipment, Adidas originals, St Alfred, Mildblend, Allen Edmonds, Quimby's whenever I'm in Chicago. That alone takes up a whole day, especially if you walk from downtown to wicker park

nahh

Is a bike going to be a necessity for me? I'm leaving my car at home 8 hour drive away.

what made you choose UCI desu? all my asian friends are going there to play LoL amongst their own kind lmao

You'll be fine with a bike in Evanston
In Chicago you can walk everywhere downtown. The buses are actually pretty good way to get around but I don't know the routes aside from 157 and the buses that only go down one street lol
Use Metra if you can in that city
Way way faster cleaner and more cost effective then the CTA
But they run less frequently on nights and weekends

Fuck bro so nice to have some insight into what I'm going into, thank you.

Any final tips or cool shit to do/see?

Visited Emory last week. Atlanta is a shithole.

The work load depends a lot on your major. Also a lot of Chinese students

Nah just hit the streets and start checking everything out
You'll figure out your own routine. There's cool shit for basically every kind of lifestyle/interest.

UC Santa Cruz my niggas. give me that kiteboarding every day after class boyos

Also I forgot to mention. Evanston has public transportation if you're ever gonna do a major supermarket run; pace buses and there's probably a discount since you're going to northwestern. Definitely look into that cuz it'll come in handy especially if you can get a discounted cta pass

went to

big red bby

Starting in the spring hows it like?

op here

poverty ivy in shit location, enjoy sucking dick to get a job at any of the real banks

good goi

starting in the fall, got any advice for me

that hurt my feelings, chemistry and chemical bio major fug off beech

I'm just kidding around bro - it's a huge accomplishment to get into a school like that, and you'll be able to go far in whatever field you want. Hope you have a great four years and some even better ones after that.

:^)

Study, study, study. Get a spotify account. Bad news if you wanna commit sudoku, you won't be able to. You can't jump off the bridge anymore, the university installed nets

Incoming Freshman, looking for a roommate thats not a slop

:^) oh you

what?

>Study, study, study.
This is good advice no matter what school you go to.

Shit I cared about and remember from my college years: doing well in classes, learning shit, participating in clubs and sports with cool people

Shit I regret doing: pissing around time in the dorm, going to parties I didn't want to attend, chasing girls who weren't into me, etc.

I have a spotify account already, why do I need it

and it's ok, jumping off of bridges isn't Veeky Forums anyway, pills are the way to go

Probably for lectures

Bateman in my first thread on Veeky Forums in months!

Any other life advice for us younguns?

Spotify sucks, get active on soundcloud instead. And dont sudoko - just make sure that chem is what you really enjoy. Stay alive for us bruv, and post sick lab coat fits daily.

Starting in the fall

Op here mirin, I'm on that wait list, hoping they come at me with more money than northwestern is offering

Studying what? If it's not finance then why bother going to such an institution, I don't understand, the atmosphere at Harvard really isn't all that awesome

Stay jealous peasant.

It's bad here.

I sympathize
If I see another supermarket full of 400lb waste of space race traitors, all wearing 4XL Rock Chalk Jayhawk hoodies, I'll probably start shooting