Effay movies

Just any effay movies in general.

>no Wes Andersen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHOvdSRVLBo
kat.cr/a-brighter-summer-day-1991-1080p-bluray-x264-hd4u-mkv-t12283160.html
youtu.be/7oTSX_csbQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there are now a total of 3 effay film threads alive.

and in 2 posts this one is already panning out to have just as terrible taste as the others

Please give an example of an effay movie.

>inb4 he posts a pretentious foreign film about some depressed smoking author.

do you mean fashionable in the sense of a movie with good fashion design, or something that is fashionable to like?

the former, pesronally I would suggest a taiwanese 1st or 2nd new wave film, yang or hsiao-hsien or ming-lang, I always liked the clothes in those movies. I even own a zine of screenshots of female fashion taken from edward yang films. the style tends towards a sort of 90s asian normcore. I like it

the latter is very context heavy. obviously both are but this one more so. what's fashionable is heavily tied to your own social scene. the safest answer would probably be pedro costra's horse money or jia zhangke's mountains may depart, newer releases from fairly known - but still respected - and only recently venerated (aka not stale) directors, who've still retained their edge even in the face of festival fame.

though actually I haven't seen mountains may depart myself.

how about instead of another shit taste in film general we just post films with Veeky Forums people in them

I usually hate these threads because their poseur threads but hsiao-hsien!!! youtube.com/watch?v=pHOvdSRVLBo

the survivalist is a pretty effay movie

nigga ya just went full plebeian

a brighter summer day is amazing

best film ever made about teenagers

is rebels of the neon god worth watching?

nice, tryna cop this same hair

I turned it off after 30 mins.

the main guy is effay as fuck in the movie

what didn't you like about it? I think the start of the movie was best, did you not like the wanking scene though?
still a pretty good movie, in my top 20 at least

How about you watch it and find out

green room was great

Godfellas t b h

rohmer's films also have a lot of good fits. haneke too imo

I actually haven't seen it. the best I could find was a 340p quality rip iirc.

wait I just remembered I pre-ordered the blurary cc release at the beginning of the year. and apparently it was released back in march. where the fuck is my copy?

Yeah it's good. it's cool. it's probably his most conservative film but it's still good.

Yeah. I'm a lil bitch so all that gore kinda got to me.

>the best I could find was a 340p quality rip iirc.
i got my rip from rutracker
it instantly became one of my top 10 movies
im working my way through yang's other work yi yi and the terrorizers are both amazing films too

dude I get all my movies from there. there's nothing listed??

check out hsiao-hsien's a time to live, a time to die and dust in the wind if you haven't. very similar themes and moods.

oh i'm a dummo i actually got this one from kat
kat.cr/a-brighter-summer-day-1991-1080p-bluray-x264-hd4u-mkv-t12283160.html

i've been meaning to get into hsiao hsien's films i'll check that one out first

just how gory is it.
the whole thing just looks and sounds so unsettling. i really want to see it, but i dont like too much gore. also i thought blue ruin was pleb shit, is this similar?

aye thanks senpai

only lovers left alive

obscure /= fa, which in this case, is not necessarily a negative thing
however, the holy mountain is antithetical to the main tenets of Veeky Forums

Horror logic is strong here

>in a nazi club playing for a full house of huge dangerous skinheads
>hurr lets play "nazi punks fuck off"

Not necessarily a movie, you can see it at ~0:50

youtu.be/7oTSX_csbQY

Apparently Errolson contacted Eidos and told them their original design didn't make sense so consulted a new design for Adam's clothing.

>jodorowsky
>remotely obscure
try going outside

When you guys say "effay films", do you mean actual good films or just films with effay characters in them?

love this film

Midnight Special

I made the pic myself

this