I haven't bought shoes in a long time...

I haven't bought shoes in a long time. Wanted to go and get some skate shoes for work (comfy and super durable for normal wear and tear) and realized everything for skating now looks like Keds for faggots. What the hell happened to the old school boat style shoes for skating? Anyone know?

Like the Circa D3's for example. Any suggestions on shoes that are comfy and durable and do not look like complete shit Veeky Forums?

Really weak bait

OP here. Totally serious. The shoes now for skating are glorified gardening shoes with patterns seen on tranny skirts.

Rick Owens
Raf Simons

Not even close.

fuck off cunt

Somone here has to know something about shoes that isnt for the cat walk or for going to your boyfriends house for hardcore butt pumping...

vans old skools or converse all star, both either low or high, are the goto skate shoes.

nobody wears etnies, dc, emerica, etc. anymore

H O W
O
W

N E W ?
E
W
?

From what I gathered today, cost cutting, and less durable product materials pretty much ruined the skate shoes business. Now they are all disposible shoes. I had pairs of shoes that lasted 3+ years and took a beating a Saigon whore hasn't seen.

No OP nobody here will help you because that style of shoes are ugly as fuck and you clearly have zero fashion sense,

Dude... these are sick... get out of the classical mindset. The past 20 years of fashion have happened for a reason. Get some Oldskool Van's or some Chuck Taylor's. But srs these are fucking sick. If I saw someone wearing these with nice loose legs tailored trousers and a sick band tee I would want to hang out with them

a yeee nigga late 90s and early 2000s were so rad!!!

After this was taken they all went back in and played some CS games together.

>You will never go to a friends house for a LAN again.

How come people don't skate in those loaves of bread-looking motherfuckers anymore? The early millennial shoes had a lot of technological features in them and were designed as sporting equipment. If I skated I'd want a shoe that skates well and looks would come in second.

the fashion part I could give a fuck less about. If you actually read what I was saying, I needed something comfy and durable for work. Skate shoes were light years ahead of the game in these departments. Now everything looks cheap and shitty that is found commonly in shops. Comfort and durability are my two concerns. I figured some of you faggots here would know about it, but alas, Veeky Forums has failed again.

I mentioned the D3's because people claim that this model in particular was not good to skate in but they were so tough. But its all personal taste, I never had issues actually skating in any of my bigger "boat" style shoes. And actually ended up working in shitty low paying jobs in them more often than the aforementioned.

>tfw you will never be so cool smartass looking and ultra casual about your appearance

these are actually really nice. But I would hate to trash a pair that looked this fine working like a pleb.

>If I skated I'd want a shoe that skates well and looks would come in second.
that's you know you don't skate. skating isn't a sport, it's not like anyone is trying to get perfected olympic performance. It's just screwing around on toys. No need to be so serious

It's probably not a coincidence technical fell out of fashion alongside these shoes. Nobody's about autist-mode skating anymore

> needed something comfy and durable for work
just get new balance grandpa shoes

>"the fashion part I could give a fuck less about."
>posting on Veeky Forums-FASHION

This board isn't /clo/-clothes

>the fashion part I could give a fuck less about.
>Comfort and durability are my two concerns.
Then why are you posting this on a fashion board?

W2c

There's a reason those types of puffy shoes went out of style and it's because they give you less board control. If you are looking for skate shoes that give you protection, get Half-Cabs, Sk8 hi's, or Nike SB Blazers.

oh god these

ripoff balenciagas

>comes to fashion board
>starts talking shit about the entire board's hobby
lol, thats like going on Veeky Forums, and being like

>hey Veeky Forums, i need a good car, whats a good daily driver?
>get an volvo 240
>wow FUCK MAN cars are so fucking stupid that thing looks like a fucking brick man who'd drive such an ugly boring looking car man, why cant all of you drive honda civics

Who cares, newfag? are you actually offended?

you could rock OP's shoes in a good fit anyway, they're not exactly ugly, just technical and out of style. just like your roshes, t.b.h.

i'm not offended bro, and i aint gotta prove how long i've been here. if you've been here for a while, then you shouldn't be surprised at what kind of reactions you get when you ask for fucking stupid advice in the wrong board, and continue to talk shit while expecting a legit response
>wanting skate shoes to work

you can't rock OP's shoes in a good fit. they're ugly. i've never owned roshes in my life

I mean back before I really got into sneakers I'd daily a pair of converse for two years before I'd see separation and even then it wasn't bad enough to stop wearing.

>circa d3s
are you even trying op?

Android Homme Omega Low. Was on sale during SaksFifth event for 180-210.