Prep/Trad/Ivy Summer Inspo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrt6msZmU7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this infograph
enjoy being a total normie

suggest something better?

why those coats in the summer? just get a nice bomber. Unless you want to look like an older man

Gucci loafers need to come back for preppy fits. They've always been a somewhat edgier option, but a successful one. At Georgetown they're called "deal sled" by guys claiming they're the fast track to sealing the deal with a young ho.

>unless you want to look like an old man
The best prep fits skirt that line. Polished brands like Ralph Lauren can be less fun because they aim for that youthful look from the get-go with every piece instead of letting you speak the language yourself.

Most of this stuff is shit

talk shit post fit fuccboi

Just in case any girls are watching this thread, this is a near-flawless fit. The only problem is the LV clutch but you don't even see it in this pic.

Silk scarves are underrated for girls, trickier for guys.

I hope I get to visit this store one day.

where's Ben lol

What does Veeky Forums think for yachtcore?

any female inspo?

>catholic schoolgirl.jpg

tomboy-ivy is my fetish

Arent there alternatives from allen edmonds? Wouldnt want to pay for gucci shoes, I like quality..

I'd suck off every single one of these guys and be their pretty little private schoolgirl slut

from left to right to grow progressively more mature

A nice tan or brown suede bomber is probably one of the preppiest jackets for summer but they are expensive af.

you have a great thought process. I'll think of you when i suck off 6 private uni boys

is this what it means to be cucked

we can still be friends, don't worry! :)

ok sick. post feet

I went to a Brexit debate and almost everyone below the age of 25 was dressed like this. Quite scary.

w2c preppy faded pink shirt like pic related?

hollister
jcrew
Von Maur

Uniqlo.

Damn.

Straight out of Reddit. Have fun with your conformist-core when 3/7 of University kids see this.

The faded pink button down is a Brooks Brothers innovation. Get the original.

imagine this class in 2016
how did things go so wrong?

Yeah. I have a pair of the Verona IIs and love them. Wish they came in more colors (would wear the hell out of a blue suede pair) but brown and black cover a lot of ground.

it would be shut down because off diversity quota and affirmative action

It's such a shame that there isn't a dresscode at universities in my country. All the hard lefties just come strolling into class in fucking ponchos, cargo pants and what have you. It lets the standard slip if you don't uphold some sense of pride.

For collar roll:
- Mercers and Sons
- Luxire
- Brooks brothers (the new expensive one)
- J. Press (not York st)
- Proper Cloth
- O'Connels/Andover Shop etc
- Gant
- Kamakura
- Rugged Museum
- Jipijapa
- Evisu
- Individualized shirts
- Gitman
- Luigi Borrelli
- Ralph Lifshitz, but only if you wash it 1488 billion times

The Red Fleece one from Brooks Brothers seems to be the closest I can find

6 panel hat
vineyard vines t shirt
pastel colored shorts
boat shoes/tennis shoes with long white socks

Do you have any examples of a good prep dress fit?

I have one in blue. Honestly one of my favourite shirts.

>how did things go so wrong?

/pol/ here. I'm glad you asked!

youtube.com/watch?v=vrt6msZmU7Y

PC isn't why university students dress like shit. It's the GI Bill, imo. Lowered the barrier of entry to university drastically and made a bachelor's degree a cultural norm even though the majority of graduates make no participation in higher education, essentially treating university as a trade school and doing it out of obligation like a highschool degree.

But it still makes no sense to me how blazers could go from daily casual staples to /completely/ out of fashion out in the span of 40 years.

This. People could all of a sudden afford to go to college and were like, "Oh boy now I can be a big rich guy like all those college boys," so they showed up in shitty clothes and brought their lower-class values and bullshit into formerly socially exclusive institutions and did their level best to ruin what had made them so special.

Then federal student loans continued that boom of easy money for tuition, which caused an increased proletarianization of college culture, jacked-up tuition rates and PC nonsense, not to mention a bunch of garbage-tier schools that had been teachers colleges and normal school before the GI Bill raced to rebrand themselves as colleges and universities.

Fucking poor people.

Any good summer prep inspo

Any nice simple summer Tees similar to pic related?

>tees
>prep
You're lost, son.

Sry ;(

pls be trolling

not exactly prep, but where to cop?

Most of these pictures are shit, mainly because the people wearing the clothes aren't fashionable themselves, you can't throw on Oxfords boat shoes and expect to look effay

Great post

go back to your cuckcore generals

but i'm already in the numale-cuckcore general

>not exactly prep, but where to cop?

iirc i think the site is stromoctober.com

cant be bothered checking sorry kohai

Prep casual shirts that aren't plain oxfords?

Half my wardrobe is just uniqlo oxfords.

Where to cop belt like this?

Ralph lauren, J Press

gant, can you read?

>/pol/ here
OH BOY HERE WE GO!!

I love prep but what's the point of these threads? All the inspo pics and guides are always the same and every question is answered with RL, Brooks Brothers, LL Bean or Uniqlo. Anything that doesn't conform to or strays away from the standard, cliché, dated prep look is frowned upon and green-texted at.

There's no reason to have these threads if the purists boil it down to their standardised, 100 word, infallible dress code.

Even in this thread we've got inspo I haven't seen before and people posting fits that are WAY off track and just look lost getting corrected.

Maybe try Reddit.

Gant no longer sell this belt you utter moron.

Red fleece is shit
Collar is lined and stiff, not to mention rather anemic in length. It is definitely haram.

I dunno how much you wanna pay but I seriously suggest Luxire/Kamakura and the like if you're poor.

Ivy became a mass thing right when GI bill put WWII/Korean war vets into Uni, so all the plebs dressed like their betters for quite a while before dress codes became slack.

>anemic in length
lol

Baratheon senpai????

Pretty sure collar point was uniqlo or less, which would put it around 2.75~3 inches which is utterly and completely degenerate.

Thars a snake in mah boot

These college-aged individuals are
1. Rich
2. Want to be there
3. Deserve to be there
4. No women

Our college-aged individuals are
1. Poor
2. Think it's high school
3. Idiots
4. Women

i'm not

Looking for a place to get belts. Having a look at Leather Man Ltd for their motif and macrame belts. Is there a similar European alternative? The shipping cost is a bit high.

Id on those white shoes that the guy with a tie is wearing? Looks like some sneakers.

This Americana "prep" stuff just weirds me out.

>Americana
stop triggering me

Apart from being a married dad with 5 kids, is there anyway to wear a rugby top without looking autistic? I don't want to wear one. I just need to see it pulled off.

Dicked Over is pretty good still. I'm happy.

Go for vertical stripes/patterned vertical stripes

Undergrads at my uni are starting to dress really chavvy - I mean full grey adidas tracksuits with a cap under their hood with a placcy bag slung over their shoulder. Another one was wearing a burberry cap with their baggy 'trackies' tucked in to their socks. The weird thing is that these are all the private school kids :(

>Driving a JK
>Preppy

yayok.gif

where to cop pants like this?

w2c pants

What are the best polos? I'm not totally against VV/RL/Lacoste but I feel like they're kinda played out by this point

Brooks Brothers slim fits are solid quality, come in every shade under the sun and the logo offers a different impression than that often made by the brands you listed.

Anybody else get this yet? New magazine from the editor in chief of Free&Easy
There are articles in English!

Can I wear a white Lacoste with jeans or is it a bad idea

Can I wear a white Lacoste with white sneakers or is it a bad idea

Polo?
Tee?
Cardigan?
Windbreaker?
White what?

dadcore