Skinny jeans have been projected tp be a dead trend since like 2010. Yet people stil wear them, what happened?

Skinny jeans have been projected tp be a dead trend since like 2010. Yet people stil wear them, what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BE_25NzuEnd/?taken-by=deathoverglory
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skinny people look normal in them. Normal people look fat. Normal people stopped wearing skinny jeans. Skinny people kept wearing them. Skinny people are fashionable. Skinny jeans remain fashionable. If you're skinny.

Got it?

point a single trend which went completely extinct, with absolute zero people wearing it as we speak.

Bowler hats

loose cut jeans look good on almost no-one.

Drain-pipe and 'spray-on' jeans are pretty much dead, but most jeans avaliable for purchase these days are a little on the skinnier side. Can't really think why I'd want to purposely buy pants that didn't fit me well

not so much

instagram.com/p/BE_25NzuEnd/?taken-by=deathoverglory

not saying if it's good or not
but it's fact it's still around

>She wears nose rings
Opinion discarded

read the last two lines of my post

yes, bowler hat moved to tumbl-esque girls and tattos rockabilly cosplayers
no, it's not extinct whatsoever, i see people wearing it at least once a week

projected trends are created by resources like wgsn, who analyze what mills are producing, what printers are doing, and what silhouettes are recurring on the runways

essentially, high fashion sets the trends, but even with the current system in which fast fashion can replicate runway styles, these new styles do not get universally adopted immediately

we will see slim fit to straight leg bottoms eventually, it's just a matter of time

They're not a trend anymore skinny jeans are a basic that looks good with almost anything

are they even a "trend" at this point? They are just as ubiquitous as t-shirts now.

straight-leg/boot-cut is already back in big cities amongst younger people

girls here in LA have been wearing "boyfriend jeans" for a couple years now
skaters abandoned skinny jeans a while ago
but the majority is still skinny jeans
stores will stock 2 styles of straight leg/slim fit for every 8 styles of skinny

I've been wearing skinny jeans since 2007 so it's become a staple for me as I'm sure it has for most other people mang

true, amongst 'normal' people (i.e. the general public) skinny jeans are still the most popular and will be. personally I still wear skinny jeans most of the time. I do think however skinny jeans will still be the standard for a long time, it's flattering if you have a decent figure, and going from tighter openings to straight/boot-cut after a long time feels weird.

Slim straight or taper is the way to go for me, they fit my body type well. I can see why some are going to a looser fit though, its just the cyclical nature of fashion.

yeah i had a point in high school where i absolutely hated skinnies, they're all i wear 6 years later
recently picked up some trousers that were slim fit, had to taper the fuck out of them because it felt so strange to have that much loose fabric around my ankles

any good brands? i was just looking for them

They look good on skinny people
Theyre comfy
Theyre warmer
I feel so much in skinny jeans than the ones that just flop around

Levi's 522 if you can still find em, but I think they're discontinued. I really like the way the UO x Dickies pants fit, but they only come in 2 colors. I like getting some Wranglers in a wash I like and getting them altered, just make sure you have a good template to give to the tailor.

skinny jeans have literally been around for like 40 years lmao Veeky Forums only hates cause their lard asses cant fit in them

>skinny jeans have literally been around for like 40 years
low waisted, thin, stretchy skinny jeans have only been trendy for the past couple of years

their previous high waisted 80s incarnation was only popular amongst metal and punk musicians in their time

I went back to slim straight a few years ago when skinnies got really popular. Honestly I like slim better and feel more masculine in them.

Ugh i hate masculinity

I'm 5'7" but have a 32" inseam so I end up looking like I have the legs of a 6'4" person glued on to my torso when I wear skinny jeans

These.

If it fits, it looks good and feels comfy. The trend that must die is non-skinny people wearing them.

>low waisted, thin, stretchy skinny jeans have only been trendy for the past couple of years
more like 10 years or so

>I live in the UK unfortunately
fucking ugly bitch. This actually pisses me off

>couple of years

Basically since tight, flared pants were popular for men around 2004. It's been a long, long time. Which I think in itself really suggests that slimmer pants have become a universally accepted standard - among things mentioned in this thread, flattering silhouette, the fact that they're no longer perceived by the majority of people as inherent feminine or emasculating, etc.

That having been said, has anyone had any experience with 501 CT? I kinda want to get a pair but I don't know if the fit's all that good.

>tfe 5'10 and 29 inseam

I want to die

What do for jeans if I am a man with large thighs but not really fat, just a little skinny-fat, maybe.

I'm skinny fat and I use super skinny

idgaf honestly

How

6'1 36" inseam I know how you feel.

Perfect answer.

/thread

so anything other than skinny fit is inherently unfashionable
ffs