Lesser Known Brands

Share brands you like that are lesser known and make cool things. Not necessarily obscure but not big names.

Pretty much all Scandinavian brands except H&M. the problem is that they are often overpriced.

strom.bigcartel.com

Goldenhorse shoes.

I only wear DCshoehouse USA and hurley and some Tommy shit

White Mountaineering: Overpriced in the west, affordable via proxy. Great outerwear, lots of patterns/prints, blend of natural fabrics like wool, linen and leather along with synthetics for shells. Influences range from sports over outdoor to military.

A Kind of Guise: a "normie" our legacy, everything made in germany, interesting fabrics, both mens- and womenswear

Honorable mention to maharshi (heavily military influenced), bleu de paname (french workwear) and small scale knitwear producers like jamieson of scotland and armor-lux.

* jamieson's of shetland

Arpenteur, Creep, orSlow, Deluxe, CMMN SWDN, Uniform Experiment, Headporter Plus, Humanmade, Homespun Knitwear, National Athletic Goods.

And most of what said.

Often also cuck-tier like Acne Studios.

Raised by wolves
Reigning Champs
Wings + Horns

A lot of Canadian brands desu

>implying they're serious

wew

Joking about feminism gets you sent to the interracial breeding grounds in Sweden.

Shoes Like Pottery:
Best canvas at "normal" prices. All made in Japan.

Cav Empt:
Goat prints, outerwear, tees and sweats. Buy via proxy or on sale.

Dr. Denim: Underrated jeans in cheap price range. Best quality for a price, often on sale. Europe only.

Svensson:
Same factory as CPs, same look qnd fit as CPs, same quality. Often on sale for 150€.

Gitman Vintage
Marna Ro
Ernest Hemingway
Hydrogen 1

I dress my gf in all Sandro

RBW senpai :^)

Iuter

Livid Jeans and JohnnyLove

They are both Norwegian fashion brands centered in Trondheim of Norway.

Livid focus on Denim, shirts, leather boots etc.

JohnnyLove is more about looking smart. impeccably dressed but never formal.

Both of them innovate in different ways. JohnnyLove with their innovative blueprints (they don't have a single "basic" item. Everything is designed from scratch) (Pic Related, they do weird things with scarves)

Livid are more about quality and texture. (google "RAGNAR JAPAN BLUE SASHIKO to see what I mean)
Norwegians are generally big and bulky, and they design their cuts to bigger guys (not fat, we're talking 6.3 ++ and broad frame).

Filson is absolute god tier.

>design their cuts to bigger guys
That's basically all nordic brands. Kinda annoying when you're a manlet.

also Frank & Oak

Lui Hon is from Australia and they do great womenswear as well as a heap of solid unisex pieces.

'et al' is another Australian fashion brand that does pretty cool drapey stuff. Their silhouettes can be a little too curvaceous or puffy for my liking - but I tend to mix and match with my pieces and it comes out pretty good.

It's not a joke it's a commentary about the way people use supporting movements as an identity and as something to be advertised; the way people wear their social awareness as badges of honor

orphn was another Australian house that did some cool stuff. They weren't around long and they closed up but I managed a snag a few interesting pieces (including a drapey silk turtleneck) while they were around.

>manlet
what the fuck is this? Veeky Forums?

I'm sure you're alright even though no girl will ever love you

i worked for lacoste for five years and fail to see how fashionable it really is in comparison to other lines. their quality is going to S H I T.

At Scelta

I'm 5'9, I don't really care but it is a fact that a lot of the brands I like don't make clothes for people of my stature. Especially the Nordic ones.

It's okay. kr one size fit us perfect

Cav empt has been hyped up like crazy by supreme fuccbois trying to be "unique" since like last year

w2c in UK?

Could you repeat that?

Who cares about quality when you have that croco m8? All about that crocodile, nigga.

How are you built user? I'm also 5'9, skelly af. I usually take small and xs sizes but I usually have to get shirt hemmed.

S usually fits well but I have a jacket from Norse Projects that's S and the sleeves are way too long.

Sleeves on Norse Projects always seem too short to me and the fit too boxy.

never thought of it this way, I thought it was sjw cuck agenda since acne is sweden based

I just checked, it's actually M so I guess I fucked up a bit when I bought it, though I doubt the sleeves would be around 4 cms shorter going from M to S.

Quality is pretty good for the price they give you

5'9 is like the most average height ever, you should have no problem

adding to canadian brands: Dime mtl, atelier new regime (not that good tho desu but someone here might like them)

Vanishing elaphant is Australian and worth a look. Pretty good, won't be known out of Australian

sandro is fucking goat. idgaf what others say it is so clean. also all saints isnt too bad but i'd buy on sale

>sandro is fucking goat

Seconded. I bought one of their "Dylan" boots on sale and they look amazing.

My grail is one of their leathers, they seem to pop up on grailed and ebay occasionally so hopefully I can pick one up someday.

Probably because you don't have a brain.

they ship internationally on iuter.com

Other sorta/kinda obscure Jap brands
Unused
Yaeca
Sunsea

That's really just the surface though, there are like a million Japanese brands that you will probably never ever see on a Western stockist and rarely see worn on the internet.

What I think is incredible is that there are tiny ass men's boutiques in a ton of crappy cities all over Japan and they update their blogs (yeah they still have blogs) all the time. Actually they update them DAILY
Wish there was even one American store that did that

ITT: surface level brands

Here's some:
Deepmoss
Hed Mayner
ZhuChongYun
Aski Kataski

this is a very interesting thread

thank you fellows

it's what i was hoping to make, not enough discussion on this board about brands (outside the massive ones)

Hardly any of these are unknown, WM collabs with the three stripes and doc martens, its also stocked at a lot of higher end streetwear stores.

how can I find more of these Japanese brands if I am a westerner?

The thread isn't about unknown brands you elitist. It just says non-big name brands. Learn to read the OP next time before being a smart ass.

buy off rakuten or yahoo jp. check our my beautiful landlet and edwina horl too user

I need some not very expensive made in England brands.

probably because you use words like "cuck" and "sjw" unironically you daft fuck

Today I realized I probably just have really short arms, the sleeves are too long on basically everything I own.

lol
elitist for having more than a surface level interest in the hobby you browse a specialty board on a sudanese clay pottery enthusiast forum on. it's a retarded op that should be ignored. post obscure shit, not fucking WM

Maybe I've done too much drugs but I think
all this social awareness as a badge business is such a weird joke. There's so much more to life than getting riled up like this. Call your parents and tell them you love them, take off your shoes and walk on fresh cut grass, pet a friendly dog. Life was so much nicer before we had to try to 'force' social change and awareness. I protested, I marched, but some people have it as so much of a part of their identity it's a bit revolting.

But again, maybe I've done too much psychedelics.

Muttonhead is p gud

Ovate, cinzia, shades of silence

>strom.bigcartel.com

derivative vaporwave/tumblr brand.. lame

next!

tigran avetisyan
etudes studio
andrea crews

>strom.bigcartel.com
this guy is a faggot, nothing new, nothing original, i don't mind the eye hat though, it's old a e s t h e t i c tumblr garbage.

yeah i agree, it's annoying to me but at the same time I understand it. I think its fun to wear clothes that's where the ball stops for me. That's it.

Hopefully it will die out in popularity among them and then people who were on board since the beginning can buy things without having to avoid scalping faggots.

good luck with that