Tweed everything

I'm thinking about getting into some tweed. Looks very comfy.
Post inspo. Casual non-dressy if you can. I want to input tweed into my fashion but all the pics I look up are full on suits.
Can I just wear some tweed pants with regular button ups?

Tweed is more of a fall/winter weight fabric, so keep that in mind. People tend to have it made up as jackets or coats more than pants, because pants are right next to your legs and kind of scratchy. You can totally do tweed pants without a jacket and I like the look, but it's mostly unexplored fashion territory for this reason. If it's the weather where you're able to wear tweed pants, you're likely to need some kind of jacket too - and if you're the kind of person to have tweed pants, odds are you'll have a tweed jacket or coat to go along with them.

It's top comfy BUT your ideas about trousers are weird. This guy is right that
>If it's the weather where you're able to wear tweed pants, you're likely to need some kind of jacket too - and if you're the kind of person to have tweed pants, odds are you'll have a tweed jacket or coat to go along with them,
plus tweed's highly textured so it's hard to dress with anything not tweed. You basically need a tweed jacket to not look weird, wearing tweed trousers. IOW if you don't want to go the full-suit route, a tweed blazer + other trousers or tweed jacket + trousers but in non-matching fabrics are pretty much your only options.

A good detail to put on a tweed jacket are half belts. They make the jacket look more sporty and it's seldom seen nowadays. Things like patch pockets, bellow pockets, elbow patches and throat latches are good with tweed.
If you feel adventurous you can wear a Norfolk jacket. This is basically how tweed jackets looked when they were used for hunting.

This is pretty slick.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. I'm lucky my tailor is an older gentlemen who knows how to make them.
They look best on tweed jacket since the style derives from hunting jackets. Combine it with tweed jacket with a windowpane pattern and you have a old school country British look.

off topic but I have a full body pic of that guy because this fabric combo is really neat

Oooh, nice. What kind of pattern is that, houndstooth? Might consider getting one made like that... Anyways, sorry about the off topic post.

Yeah, it's houndstooth. Classic black and white houndstooth takes a bit of guts to pull off these days, it's a very neutral grey at a distance but becomes a pretty loud pattern up close, and people aren't used to seeing that shit anymore, especially on men, so you get a lot of visible reactions. Good if you can be amused by it, not so good if you're an insecure robot type.

yes, been thinking about getting some tweed pants too

where's the best place to look?

Brooks brothers often does things in tweed. They had a "fun" tweed jacket made up of different patterns that I still wish I bought.

but thats not windowpane thats houndstooth

This one's windowpane but it's not particularly Scottish

It was just an example of the style.

Here's the jacket I posted.
It's a brown tweed jacket with a subtle windowpane pattern. Aside from the half belt and pleats it has pleated patch pockets and a 3/2 roll lapel.
As I said those details work best with heavier tweeds since it harkens back to the jacket's hunting origins but you could probably do it in more casual fabrics as well

This is not windowpane, or if it is the overcheck isn't visible at the photo distance. This is windowpane: Pic related is also a windowpane check.

It's an issue of photo distance.

What's your favorite tweed?
I like the texture of donegal.

My Harris tweed jacket I wear to Highland weddings. It's incredibly thick and hard wearing. I think it's really cool but I don't know of much use for it other than wedding as people tend to comment on it.

Looks nice. Is it vintage?

a few years ago Harris Tweed made a biiiiig fucking move in japan
every clothing brand used their fabric on a bag or jacket or accessory or whatever
and it just never caught on

that's my only impression of tweed

tweed+crocs

Their climate is a bad place for tweed.

Tweed is pretty awesome to wear at a coffee shop while reading a book and smoking a cig when there's leaves or snow on the ground.

Anything else you look like a tryhard.

Busting out tweed specifically for that scenario is pretty tryhard

Best jacket

The point more-so is that you have to wait for the right occasion at the right seasons to make it work and I don't know many situations where a 20-something would wear a tweed blazer outside relaxing or networking.

Aren't most of the looks pushed by this board "try hard"?
Jesucristo if you care that much might as well stick to the Macy's catalog

Aye mate I picked it up in a small town charity shop

>he doesn't attempt difficultly

Nice. Looks 60s to my eyes