Pens

Can you be Veeky Forums without a good pen?

What do you have? What do you like? What do you drool over?

Other urls found in this thread:

gouletpens.com/faber-castell-loom-fountain-pen-piano-white-fine/p/FB-149271
gouletpens.com/twsbi-eco-fountain-pen-white-fine/p/TW-M7444340
jetpens.com/Kaweco-Skyline-Sport-Fountain-Pen-White-Fine-Nib/pd/13993
youtu.be/ARxcJBn6LFE?list=PLYrrj6sCOMSd1h7QcWb_PQzkaORfICLGN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Parker all day long.

Even the cheap Jotter models look dank as hell.

Attractive and functional af. Hard to disagree and the give you great bang for your buck. Only criticism is I've found the jotter a bit thin for comfort but that's personal preference.

Ordered my first "real" fountain pen
Jinhao x450 for $3 shipped from China

Depending on how much I like it I might also pick up one of these:
gouletpens.com/faber-castell-loom-fountain-pen-piano-white-fine/p/FB-149271
gouletpens.com/twsbi-eco-fountain-pen-white-fine/p/TW-M7444340
jetpens.com/Kaweco-Skyline-Sport-Fountain-Pen-White-Fine-Nib/pd/13993

Any suggestions on which one? Also what ink should I get? I'm mostly looking for a cheap ink, looking at some of the Diamine stuff.

>like pens
>absolutely shit handwriting

Suffering.

I wouldn't go as far as calling a jinhao a real fountain pen

More real than the disposable one I bought

Don't know much about them except they're beautiful, people who know what they're doing with them can be really impressive, and the good ones cost more than $45.

Story of my life.

Somewhere I have my parker, other than that my only other "cool" pen is a quill with proper ink

the quiality will be shit, please keep low quality chinese shit on /g/

How so?

Enjoy. I have a bunch of Jinhaos and with one exception they are all great pens. Cheap, sure, but very nice looking and writing pens.

I have no experience with any of those pens you posted. but they are all very good looking.

As far as ink, I'd say Noodler's is an excellent value. His black is a standard at Goulet pens. Assuming you'll be getting a converter for your next pen.

Matt seems to like it youtu.be/ARxcJBn6LFE?list=PLYrrj6sCOMSd1h7QcWb_PQzkaORfICLGN
It's $3 anyway, I'll fix any of the issues and if it still doesn't write well then I didn't lose much

I really like the way the Loom looks but it's more than I'm used to spending. Maybe I'll get myself an early graduation gift...

post your handwriting and pens niggas

my handwriting is still shit but im improving. making the lines parallel is fucking hard

You ain't seen nothin yet.

J. Herbin and Pilot Iroshizuku are my inks of choice, but Diamine is good

as for color, only a black or blue-black is essential. whatever else you get depends only on what colors you like and write in

wow fucking resize your shit dude, no one wants 5000x3000 of shit

W A T E R M A N
A
T
E
R
M
A
N

Is being a ballpoint ir rollerball fag in a fountain pen thread the same as being a quartz fag in a mechanical watch thread? Even if I have the worst handwriting?

>Click here
AQUAMAN
Q
U
A
M
A
N

I bought a Montblanc M last month on a flight from JFK - Hong Kong just because it was so sexy.

I own a pair of old Montblancs to go with it: a gold Noblesse slimline and a titanium slimline fountain. Both of those I found on eBay for a (relative) song.

Very nice. Do you like it? What writing mode?

>I own a pair of old Montblancs
Pics

>song
How much?

One sec, I'll go snap pics of them.

The gold-plated Noblesse was (iirc) about $50 from Japan and the titanium one was about $120.

The M I haven't even taken out of the package yet. I guess I bought the rollerball?

Stand by.

Thanks for going t the effort. Wow! That is really cheap! How did you come across them?

I was given this pen as a gift around 9 months ago, I've used it less than five times since.

Pic attached.

There are literally thousands of Montblancs on eBay at any one time. Just keep trying your luck, and start with the "less popular" ones that most collectors don't like - the slimline family isn't as popular, I guess because most people want a big fat fucking Montblanc to wave around in front of their plebe friends.

Not much different than most people on Veeky Forums, I guess? ;)

Handwriting is like anything useful - it gets better with practise. Spend 5 minutes a day (I'm sure you can spare 5 minutes). It will get better. People notice great handwriting as it's so rare today... and *that* is very Veeky Forums.

5 minutes a day is something that I can do, I've got a lifetime warranty as well so it won't harm me to use the ink. Out of curiosity - how much would you price that pen at? I've just assumed it's in the $350-$500 ballpark

That's a fantastic pen. I too have terrible handwriting (much worse than yours) and was given a lovely montblanc pen years ago. Initially I didn't use it much at all seeing as I didn't want to damage or lose it and there were plentry of alternatives. Eventually I started using it and really loved it. I enjoy and take pride in writing with it even though my handwriting is still very ordinary. I'd encourage you to free yourself to start using it and you might surprise how much you enjoy it and the attention it garners from others.

Wew lad. Nice little collection there. Not bad heirlooms either.

>big fat fucking Montblanc to wave around in front of their plebe friends
Mine was a gift and this wasn't my intention when I started using mine but it does do this task very well.

Pic is hard to tell for sure, but I think that's a Starwalker Carbon?

If so, it's worth a lot more than that... $750 and up new MSRP?

Yeah, I was thinking about that tonight actually. Too bad I have no plans on having little shit/pukebuckets of my own. My woman and I would rather spend our cash on travel and living well. All our friends with kids are run ragged and a couple have even said they'd wish they hadn't.

I digress.

A good pen gets noticed. I have a nice little collection of cheap Japanese pens I pick up anytime I find myself somewhere with a decent Japanese area (think Japantown in SF, places like that).

It's called a starwalker extreme. Online they're $500-800 so go up from there for retail. Probably just sub 1k I'd guess.

>I have no plans on having little shit/pukebuckets of my own
Not a problem. They always make fantastic gifts for significant people including protégé's at the office if you want to keep the heirloom idea.

meh, most of the fuckheads I work with are either useless idiots or selfish pricks. The ones I really admire are the execs I work with who make millions (literally)... and they've got their own crap.

I had a half dozen people working for me a year or two ago, but moved to a new role where I'm a one-man army and spend half my time on the road.

In fact, I should already be in bed as I'm on a plane in the AM... so I'll bid you adieu and check in tomorrow.

pens are Veeky Forums

Jinhao is perfectly fine, I have that one and it holds up against even some of my nicer pens. Not tried any of those pens you've suggested. For ink I would suggest basic Parker (reliable, basic colours), Rohrer and Klingner (nice range of rich colours, make absolutely certain you're getting fountain pen ink though because their other stuff will destroy your pen- that goes for all inks, never get India ink or dip pen ink, always labelled as fountain pen), J. Herbin (really nice range and bottles, stormy grey is forever my favourite ink), Waterman, I've also heard some really good things about noodlers and pilot

Where is crazy 17th century handwriting user when we need him?

work on the slanting of your letters and your good to go. the curves are great already

talk shit post handwriting

It is precisely the same.

>ctrl+f
>"safari"
>0 of 0
Seriously guys?

Handwriting, it's a shame with these inks that often you can't see the gold unless you move the pen a lot. Hope the image isn't too big
I heard they're a bit scratchy?

Well, some Lamy nibs can be scratchy, one of the two nibs I have for mine is just slightly off, but the other one is great, but for the price I'd say that the safari is a great entry level pen.

Got my grandfather's Montblanc 142 from the fifties as well as a couple of his ballpoints (cross classic century and lamy cp1s).
Although I enjoy writing with the fountain pen, I prefer the ease of the ballpoints, so I usually write with one of the cp1s.

I want to kill myself.

Damn son. Post moar!

i aint talking shit but just trying to be helpful

>stormy grey is forever my favourite ink
great taste, user. it's become what i use instead of a standard black. i hope it never gets discontinued (i thought the anniversary line was supposed to be limited edition, but they've been around for a awhile now). also, emerald of chivor from that line is outstandingly beautiful.

Yeah, I ended up having them all gifted to me by family and a friend- ended up with two Rouge Hematite which I have no complaints about. If they decide to discontinue them I'll just stock up

i hate mont blank fancy pens for some reason, maybe because im salty.

>caring about ink fedoras

nigga just pop a bic in your pocket no one cares about this shit cept for other pen enthusiasts.

I fell for the safari meme and got an al-star as a gift, it's honestly a lot more toothy and less smooth than my jinhao.

w2c

so do you have a Lamy Safari or a Lamy Al-Star?

in any case, i find my Safari (fine nib) writes much better than my Jinhao (X750, broad nib). maybe it's a matter of writing style.

I got the al-star from a redditor. It's a medium nib and it feels underwhelming imo. Would not pay $50 CAD for. The converter is good though.

I guess I just don't like that they charge so much for the converters when they don't provide you with one. Like, £4 for a cheap standard 30p converter?

Fisher Space Pen
Haven't ever needed to write underwater, in zero gravity, or in -30 degree temperatures, but I do use it to write upside down from time to time.

Veeky Forums here faggot
i'm currently jacking off to pynchon

Goulet pen shill

That dude is a an idiot and if you buy into his shit you're a bigger idjot for following an idiot

Hurrdurr I lIEK ur jjewtube vidya sobi pay unextra 2 feel like I am part of online community because my hobbybisbpens and no friends

Noodler's 54th Massachusetts is a God-tier blue-black ink tho

This is my Jinhao. I love their designs. Surprisingly premium feel for such a cheap pen.

Who buys their Jin Hao pens off of aliexpress here?

Can someone translate this in to non-autistic English?

I just got mine from Amazon

Same. I went on a bit of a spree a few months ago. Total spent: $44US, so a little under $3/pen. Amazing value. And most of them take #6 nibs, so you can swap their (quite decent) nibs out for a third party one that should be very good, including GOULET™ nibs.

What's a great pen to have regardless of handwriting skill?

I want to buy my first pen and I was thinking about getting one from MB's cruise collection simply because it's the cheapest. What's fa's opinion about that collection?

Should I save a little bit more and get a Meisterstück Classique?

I carry this little cunt everywhere
>Great and not too pricey

Personally, I don't think the design warrants the price, I think there are far nicer, more refined pens. It looks pretty, idk, basic

Any suggestions?

The Meisterstück Classique is definitely nicer but I feel it still suffers in design (incidentally, I like the 90 year anniversary version but nah to £580+ for a ballpoint). Personally I like my Parker Duofold ballpoint (approx €177-304 depending on trim).
I like a lot of the Waterman range (I think they're generally under your budget, about €100ish ), The Pelikan Souverän K600 also looks nice. Must admit, I'm more a fountain pen person so ballpoints aren't normally what I look for, but there are some nice ones out there

From paying bills to writing letters, everything is digital. Wasting time with fountain pens is borderline hipster shit.

>paying rent
>writing checks in general
>signing legal documents
>writing down girls' phone numbers
Not that you'd know anything about these.

>paying rent

You can do so with a Bic, you still don't need a fountain pen or daily practice.

>writing checks in general

You can do so with a Bic, you still don't need a fountain pen or daily practice.

>signing legal documents

>writing down girls' phone numbers

Why wouldn't you just hand them your phone so they could put in their number? When was the last time you got a girls number, 1985?

It's an item you use daily, so some people like to have a nice pen instead of a Bic. Does this trigger you?

I do all these things digitally

I use a rollerball Safari. I'm a journalist and take a lot of notes by hand. Fountain pens are too much trouble, I've had them leak on flights, and their ink takes too long to dry, which leads to smearing when I stick my notebook back in my pocket.

I have an old injury in my right hand and it makes me cramp up pretty badly when writing with a skinny pen like a Bic, the larger diameter of the Safari helps make it a little more comfortable.

>rent
No you don't

Actually some places let you pay rent digitally, usually if they're big corporate-owned complexes. My old place was like that.

kek so triggered

You could also buy your entire wardrobe from the clearance section of Wal-Mart, but this is Veeky Forums, so I assume you don't. We like frivolous nice stuff around here.

Noodlers ink is trash.

I prefer pilot iroshizoku have about 4-5 bottles of that shit in use

Thank you, I'll take a look at those before I buy a pen.

bump

>pilot iroshizuku
goat inks, and comes in beautiful bottles. shin-kai (blue-grey) and tsukushi (red-brown) are my regular inks