How do I get rid of my dry scalp. Last December I started noticing itchyness and flakes...

How do I get rid of my dry scalp. Last December I started noticing itchyness and flakes, I was assuming because I shampooed everday, but even after shampooing twice a week for the past 5 months its remained the same. How the fuck do I get rid of this.
Should I use organic shampoo and conditioner?

Also hair care general?

Try suicide, I will probably do that if a headshave doesn't work.

Use specially shampoos for dry scalp or dandruff, or see a doctor about it so he can prescribe ya something

i also have this problem and have just given up

Nizoral

Honey instead of conditioner worked for me.
Then I switched to a dandruff shampoo and only use it 3 times a week and I've been good for about a year.

this + dandruff shampoo

>11276117
Dandruff isn't caused by over-shampooing usually, try changing to a different shampoo and clean your hair more regularly. Don't scratch and it should resolve itself.

Dermatologists don't know exactly what causes dandruff but if OTC dandruff shampoos don't work you can get some scrips to deal with it.

Could you guys recommend an effective sulfate-free dandruff shampoo?

MG-217

It has sulfate
Sry

Use Neutrogena Tar Gel and Dove or Natural Essences Naked conditioner. Don't shampoo very often.

And/Or go to your derm and get clobetasol or something similar.

Eat more vitamin A, the bioavailable form (retinol)

Iiver is a good source, I eat it once a week to keep acne and dandruff at bay.

Had a lot of luck with Paul Mitchell Tea Tree special conditioner OP.

I quit shampooing entirely and just massage a generous amount of that into my scalp for 5 minutes every shower.

I'm not gonna dig up the studies, but shampoos and conditioners with high percentages of tea tree oil have been proven to help dandruff. Mine was legendary and while Trader Joes stuff apparently didn't have enough tea tree oil in it, this stuff seems to. Definitely gets tingly as hell.

This is after quitting shampooing and/or using dandruff shampoo (both prescription and shit like selsun blue) were ineffective.

Oh and also only rinse your hair with cold water. That made a surprising difference. Hot water in general seems to be pretty shitty for your skin.

I've made my own tea tree oil shampoo/conditioner but they just aren't doing the job, I'm praying this does it for me.

What do you do to prevent oily/dirty hair if you don't shampoo?

this desu
god help me i take hot showers and im getting dandruff and dry patches of skin

Go to a dermatologis if dandruff shampoos don't help. Dandruff can be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection of the scalp. It may even be psoriasis. Or it may just be product build up.

Most dandruff shampoos are good at cleaning the dead skin away but do nothing to help the infection if that's your issue.

head & shoulders worked wonders for me, condition every day. i have thick, naturally oily hair though so you might not have to as much

I've had massive like fungal shit for months now and nothing works. I'm currently on ketokonazol and some other shit. Tried showering in ice cold water, I've tried shampooing twice a day, I've tried no poo. My only hope is summer being more humid than winter.

I always went for shor on side longer on top hairstyle, like in pic1, then I decided that I wanted long hair like Mariano DiVaio or Travis DesLaurier and I let them growing on top but still shortening on side.
This is like week0, week2, and week4 and thing are getting awkward because I'm not sure how to style it and I'm very tempted to cut it on top again.
What do you suggest? Is even possibile to have glorious hair like these two mentioned model for my hair-type? How much time it takes?

I have some pretty severe dandruff because shitty scalp genes, I went to the doctor and he prescribed me some dandruff shampoo and it really helped me. It didn't completely get rid of my dandruff, but using prescribed dandruff-removing shampoo and shampoo without perfume and unnecessary crap has been really good. Usually when it's sunny out too the dandruff is completely gone. This northern climate fucks with my scalp.

i got rid of dandruff with a teatreeoil shampoo without silicates
this stuff helps regulating the production of self-oil and i only need to wash every second day
used h&s before

I keep my dandruff at bay by using a mixture of oils once a week. Usually I'll combine argan oil and coconut oil into a small cup or bowl. A tablespoon each. Then I'll put it in the microwave until it's melted together and apply into my scalp with my fingers, massaging in. Then I put on a shower cap and keep my hair in there for about ~8 hours and wash it out with my shampoo and conditioner. After a month my dandruff stopped appearing, but when I stop applying every week it comes back.

i started putting a little bit of coconut oil in my hair everyday. works great to keep frizz down but i also noticed no more dandruff

I had this problem too OP. I attributed my dry scalp to the cold weather. The itching was pretty annoying as well. I'd have to itch my hair endlessly. I used hair moisturizer and I started to grease my hair everytime I would leave the house with my hair exposed to the frigid air.

Go to a pharmacy and ask the cheapest shampoo they have for seborrhoeic dermatitis.

I did the same thing and I have no dandruff at all, and I had it much worse than that image. You'll remember me after 2 weeks of use (after the first or second time using it it might get worse, but that's the part of the healing process).

Only shower with water. Your hair will normalize after a month.

you must be retarded

If i use shampoo/conditioner my hair becomes silky smooth, thin and impossible to style

If i go nopoo my hair will look really nice and easy to style but also some dandruff.

What should i do

First find out if it's just dry scalp or actual dandruff (super dry scalp or scalp that produces too much oil).
I myself have curly hair and had a dandruff problem, so I went no-poo and that helped a lot.

Does anyone else like, intentionally tear up their scalp to the point that you're giving yourself dandruff?

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me, my hair was fine, I never had dandruff issues, but now I'm picking huge bloody chunks out of my scalp every day, I don't know if I have brain problems or what, it's like a compulsion

same lol]
my head is constantly full of scabs which i love to pick off with my fingers
the cycle never ends
my head isnt even itchy either

>gluten free diet
>Nizoral
>sun

>Getting a haircut at local cuttery, small place
>Halfway through the cut
>Cutter going through my hair with a comb
>"You know you've got a little bit of dandruff here."
>Loud enough for everyone to hear
>"H-hehe, yeah I guess so."
>"You know there's a product we have that can help with tha-"
>"No, no I'm fine."

This happened so often that I got sick of it, went out and bought a tea-tree oil, anti-dandruff shampoo and viola. Gone.

you should probably see a doctor

This Is why I'm panicking. Last time I got a hair cut I somehow made it worse than ever when showering beforehand and there was dandruff everywhere. She didn't seem disgusted, I'm guessing she's seen some stuff, but still. Right now I'm overdue and I'm trying everything.

>Seeing it on the comb and rain down on the black matte barber cape
It was the worst, user. Get the poo N O W.

When you wash your hair. Turn down the temp to almost ice cold.