RECENT COPS

Brag about your recent purchase here

Was able to snag this on grailed. Surprised the user accepted my offer. Now there's a bunch of people asking me to repost the item lol

What is it?

Floral embroidered tee by Neighborhood. details on one of the flowers in pic

Looks gay.

The simplicity of this made me laugh. I shouldn't find this comment so funny.

£50

thrifted it today for 6dls.

Did I fuck up Veeky Forums??

yeah lol

Just arrived today

i am extremely jealous. all of visvims footwear is so fucking amazing

Going get shit for this

Arrives Tuesday

JUN
U
N

>inb4 "how much was he?"
The jeans anons, the jeans

idg why they are so expensive. What do they have over a pair of Allen Edmonds or Church brogues?
Is it just the label?

My guess is materials, construction, and the name. Also, idk if Visvm is like other jap brands, but there tends to be a pretty steep overseas markup (ala Undercover), so they go for a good deal more in America than they do domestically

Could be that the cost of labor in Japan jacks up the price too *shrugs*
Wear them in good health user

I bet our saviour Hiroki shined them with his own spit and jizz.
Probably made from 100 year old Tibetan Yak tongue leather or something like that as well.

#blessed

The styling and the materials are probably better than the lower end ae churchs
Maybe a little markup cus it's visvim too
But they are gorgeous shoes

I'm the OP. All valid points, but vis has recently moved some of its production overseas to China. Mainly fbt's iirc.

I picked vis cz i liked their shape and quality. Been looking for a chunky derby type shoe for a while and these fit the bill. Saw em a few years back but couldn't justify copping then at retail.

Other candidates were Sanders (who makes thom browne footwear?) and church's. Funnily i got these on sale so they were cheaper than both, last item in my size in the colour/model i wanted

I'd love to see fit pics, I was gonna cop either this or the black one

Found these Coach chukka boots for $20.

Been finding some cool vintage stuff on eBay. Next I plan on getting one of those rodeo style shirts and some comfy linen pants.

Got this shirt too.

Close up of the print.

is 450 dollaros a fair price for a visvim x mastermind boots?

What condition? Brand new? Secondhand?

I'd say so if new, but at the end of the day its also gonna depend on why you like them, which then justifies your purchase.

It comes in tomorrow. I was thinking my all white Stan Smith's and dark Calvin klein slim jeans plus polo hat. Will post in tomorrow's WAYWT thread

depending on how you present yourself, could be either really dope or mad autistic

They only way I could see anyone bulling this off is as outerwear or like Matt of the 1975.

This would look dope with some SLP denim and Chelsea

Anyone know of some good ebay thrift stores?

Yea been wanting to dress towards western this summer. been meaning to cop a good western shirt. any particular brands are you looking at? is "rodeo style" the term?

related. number (n)ine, from grailed, arrived yesterday.

"Western shirt" gets the best results in my experience. Pretty much any vintage work wear/western wear brand should be good (dee cee, wrangler, etc.). Personally I would only buy a western shirt if it's made in the USA because otherwise it's not really western.

two turtledoves sz8 and sz9

gotta get ready for winter

Dude sounds assblasted but theres some really good content in there

Reminds me of the ICT virgil discussion on styleforum(?) and a whole range of other products vis brings out.

>Neighborhood.
Does it have some god awful logoing somewhere?

Lol yes, on the back there's a logo. I don't mind it tho

be gentle

Mind posting a picture of the logo? I would cop so much of their shit if they didn't insist on putting giant logos everywhere

also copped these 2 tees in addition to shoes

1/2

2/2

gay or nay

Picked up my grail

holy shit

haven't seen this colorway before, i digged it

please tell me you paid no more than $5

Dem acronym model shoes

user... at first glance it looks like cum..

Vans vault old skools, leather
Very happy with them

Don't know why people insist on buying this. How much did you pay for it?

this has to be bait

lpu

lurk more plen

this has to be bait

wish I had, nice

not too bad in that colorway, you did good

looks good

good cop

this is the white tee but otherwise logo placement is identical

That shit annoys me so much for some reason, it would've been so good without that

I bought this corduroy jacket thing. Tag is unreadable.

Why? Because it was $9.

that's sick, i love it

yes

mad sales huh

From Beckett Simonon during their sneaker campaign.

Yeah haha

explain?

if i could wear only one shoe for the rest of my life it would be flux's

thats cause youre a cuck

they look so good in pictures, when to see some and they were overrated in real life :(

these are tj/tk maxx tier

I mean, maybe, but wouldn't this be a great reinforcement mechanism
>create a bunch of hype around a brand by being this willy wonka-esque character (not saying this isn't clever)
>make your products inordinately expensive. the quality on par with products of respectible brands 1/2, 1/3 the price
>wait for middle class people to get indignant
>people who have bought your product get defensive and say (what else?) that the brand's critics are too poor to have an opinion that matters
>middle/upper middle class people fear class shaming so some are cowed into silence and some are shamed into buying a few entry-level brand items (or maybe splurging on an expensive jacket from the brand)
at which point either
a)
>middle class clientele view their suspicions confirmed. the brand was overhyped and the quality of the design and construction is out of sync with the price point
b)
>They enjoy the clothing item and make peace with the money they spent on it or
c)
>They feel the need to justify the expense by becoming rabid fanatics of the brand on fashion boards denouncing any critics as (what else?) poor.
I don't see any visvim products that move me to spend that sort of cash and I'm glad anyone who does, enjoys their clothing articles.
I also understand that when you buy a product from visvim, on top of the design, the materials and the construction quality, you are also buying the quirky reclusiveness and mystique that Nakamura spins around his brand, in addition to the luxury of owning something that not many can afford (it's nice to not wear the same shit as everyone else)

nike fag

/tv/ here
Is this what you faggots actually wear? Lmao

why did that pic make me laugh

idiot

I blame google image search

full size. I like mountains.

Bought this sukajan. A bit expensive but it's stunning imo. Loving it.

what are you going to wear with it? Some pretty plain pants and shoes?

Yeah. I have a nice pair of Levis 501 and a pair of New Balance 574. Other than the jacket, keeping it simple.

Yes or na

that sounds like its gonna be a shitty outfit
either go all out with the jacket or don't bother

idk, the colors are nice, but something about af1's, man. I haven't touched a pair for almost a decade, now that I think about it.

I'm getting old, senpai.

lol is it 2007 again?

id pls

Gay

Finally did it

but why?

s-same senpai, wanted some sneakers clean enough to also wear at office

Because I wanted to for over a year and this summer I did

Sure, but I think it happened purely by accident, not intention - and now that it already happened with visvim, it can't really be replicated. How could Nakamura have predicted the way hype would come to forefront of street fashion through the influence of internet forums?

I think he was just doing his own thing and it happened to turn out that way. It only really comes down to two things on his part: attention to detail and reclusiveness, which aren't at all unique to fashion (Margiela was similarly notorious for his reclusiveness), but he takes both to extremes and happens to be focused on the streetwear market over high fashion, which radically changed to be all about hype, shaming, 'brand clubs', etc. only in the last 2 decades.

Vetements, on the other hand, is clearly fully aware of how they're playing the market on typing hype to pricetag. The two together make an interesting case study actually

Got this and