What's a good suit supposed to look like?

what's a good suit supposed to look like?

how long the shirt and jacket sleeves?

how long should the pants be?

got an interview on monday. help

pic related pretty much.

the middle one looks best to me

i guess im fukt

your trousers can be a bit shorter for a more modern look.

some people can view it as unprofessional or a faux pas if you do that
i'm not discouraging or saying it's wrong since the suit nowadays is a product of 100+ years of evolution

I agree. Pants need to be slimmer and some dress boots would be nice, maybe Chelseas.

Slim fit ALWAYS if you're thin. Straight if you're of normal body.

Tapered pants just below or even on the ankle if you're wearing chelsea boots.

Dont be afraid to wear a pocket square, it's nice to have a little break in the design.

Use a sport jacket preferably since that's office wear and shows that you're professional and not just putting an image on for the boss.

99.9% of the time it doesn't matter what the suit looks like or fits on you as long you're in a suit...any suit it will work in that situation.

The standards are so low

And then someone comes by with a slight amount of knowledge and look at your crossways, rightfully so, in your ill-fitting suit.

Not worth the risk.

op here...

ended up buying from primark :^(

kek not a single good brand offers suits in "slim fit".

Stop buying shit suits.

i think suits have come to the point of graduation robes

nobody really tries to look good in them anymore it is more of a symbolic gesture

Professionals who wear them daily and can afford to have nice suits still try, but in my case suits are a low priority because I wear them so infrequently and have shoulders and arms that don't fit well into anything off the rack. $2k is a lot to drop on a nice made to measure suit to wear twice a year and still not have it fit perfectly.

All the best brands offer exactly that, kys faggot

there's a fucking sticky 4u to read mang

About the sleeve, Not showing shirt cuff is more of an English thing.

Where do you Veeky Forumsgs guy your suits? It's about time I invest in one since I'm going to have to dress professionally for interviews and jobs.

Name me one good brand that offers suits where one line is advertized as "slim fit".

Cucinelli? Kiton? Isaia? Belvest? Attolini?

Go fuck yourself, poorfag.

>what's a good suit supposed to look like?
Read a guide. There are a lot of factors.
>how long the shirt and jacket sleeves?
The shirt should peek from underneath the sleeve. There are more detailed rules on this, which are generally stupid. The basic idea is just to look like the picture you posted.
>how long should the pants be?
Look up "break"
>got an interview on monday. help
Too late to get something that fits exceedingly well, as that'd require tailoring.

>Where do you Veeky Forumsgs guy your suits?
We always recommend cheaper M2M on here, so places like Blank Label, Black Lapel, Indochino, etc. There are diminishing returns on more expensive suits.

This is the fun apart about living in such a backwater third world shithole-- cheap labor for very good suits.

Roughly 130-150$ for a suit made exactly to my measurements? Yes please.

There are some Saville row tailors that bill them selves as slim profile

I find that the people who talk up third world tailoring and stupid gimmicks like online "made to measure" suits tend to be people who don't really know the properties of a good suit.... because they have never worn a fully canvassed suit for a long period of time and don't have past experiences to compare to

Hong Kong,Malaysia and Thailand bespoke goes for 400-600 dollars,not exactly as cheap but it ain't third world
even top level managerial people in my place goes for suit there