Japanese Designer General /JDG/

/ROG/ seems to work really well and I want to see if this could become a regular thread.
>Issey Miyake
>Yohji Yamamoto
>Comme des Garçons

Other urls found in this thread:

styleforum.net/t/280641/yohji-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread
pastebin.com/zf9s0UHf
pastebin.com/haijPQVQ
hues.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=1483
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping with random yohji

Jun Takahashi, Junya Watanabe & Julius too right?

Yeah mayn let's get this shit rolling. Someone make a sticky for sizing. For pants it's:

S is for 28-30
M is for 30-32
L is for 32-34

Sizing is close to consistent for all 3 brands. What I noticed is that CDG's mainline menswear has a wider seat area and thigh cut that Yohji who has an almost Breeches type cut which widens out near the knees. Issey doesn't do much with his cuts as texture is his game. Also, fatties need not apply.

For YY, Y's is slimmer by a tad bit in my experience than YYPH. Someone also write sizing for the different lines in CDG like Black, CDG CDG, Shirt, Junya, and Ganryu.

Also OP for the next thread make sure you don't allow CDG Play :)

yeh sure i should make an actual sticky probably, this is sort of a test thread to see if people actually care

Will dump some Issey. This is SS83.

SS13 is Yohji's best menswear collection of the decade.

Yeah sticky for the next post. Let's work on the sticky on this thread. You can CnP some of the sizing guides around the internet. SF has a good sizing guide on Yohji.

Main brands would be CDG (no Play pls and this includes Junya and Ganryu), Yohji, Issey, Julius, UC, Soloist, and maybe Sacai. Other people suggest other brands.

Minaret Dress

Reversible Wrinkled Jacket

r8 sticky

JAPANESE DESIGNER GENERAL /JDG/

>Yohji Yamamoto
>Comme des Garçons
>Issey Miyake
>Junya Watanabe
>Takahiro Miyashita
>Undercover
>Julius

Sizing

>Pants

>S is for 28-30
>M is for 30-32
>L is for 32-34

For YY, Y's is slimmer by a tad bit than YYPH.

Too long?

stolen from here styleforum.net/t/280641/yohji-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread

>Yohji Yamamoto
>Comme des Garçons
>Issey Miyake
>Junya Watanabe
>Takahiro Miyashita
>Undercover
>Julius

Sizing

Please bear in mind that the sizing information below is strictly a guide and that as always, getting measurements or trying on the items themselves is the only way to know with any sort of accuracy whether a piece is going to work for you.

>Tops
>1 is for XS/44
>2 is for S/46
>3 is for M/48
>4 is for L/50
>5 is for XL/52

>Pants
>S is for 28-30
>M is for 30-32
>L is for 32-34

>One Size
The term one-sized gets thrown around a lot but in fact very few pieces in a certain collection are produced in just one size, if any at all.The garments that are generally one sized are knits and t-shirts, those are often just produced in a 3 (M/48).

>Tips and Notes
A good way to approach Yohji sizing is to think about height rather than width, if you're tall you should probably size up one so the inseam is long enough, no matter how the waist is cut. This goes for jackets as well, you get the intended balance in length and sleeve length. It's a common "mistake" to size down because the measurements look big, remember that it's often better to size up than down when it comes to Yohji.

For YY, Y's is slimmer by a tad bit than YYPH.

bumping with interest, don't know much outside those listed brands but they are among my favorites.

pic related is probably my fav piece from Junya, who is pretty much my favorite among the CDG tree. Love this.

yes tl;dr but very informative tips. memorize that.

I have no idea if the info on the pants is correct but it seems logical, keeping notes at the end as they are

>Yohji Yamamoto
>Comme des Garçons
>Issey Miyake
>Junya Watanabe
>Takahiro Miyashita
>Undercover
>Julius

Sizing

This is only a guide, trying things on in store or getting measurements is the only sure way of knowing if it will fit.

Tops
>1 is for XS/44
>2 is for S/46
>3 is for M/48
>4 is for L/50
>5 is for XL/52

Pants
>2 is for 28-30
>3 is for 30-32
>4 is for 32-34

>One Size
The garments that are generally one sized are knits and t-shirts, those are often just produced in a 3 (M/48).

>Tips and Notes
A good way to approach Yohji sizing is to think about height rather than width, if you're tall you should probably size up one so the inseam is long enough, no matter how the waist is cut. This goes for jackets as well, you get the intended balance in length and sleeve length. It's a common "mistake" to size down because the measurements look big, remember that it's often better to size up than down when it comes to Yohji.

For YY, Y's is a tad bit slimmer than YYPH.

bored of sticky's now, what's everyone looking forward to getting in the sales?

I'm 28-30 and I buy size 1 or S for the pants for most of these brands.

i thought that s was size 2?

everyone in NYC should check out the CdG/DSM sample sale at clarkson square

prices are great if you can find pieces in your size

pastebin.com/zf9s0UHf

Sort of updated the sticky.

i think there are numbers for pants as well though

favorite smaller labels?

> lad musician
> sasquatchfabrix

>no sacai
BOI

Ah yes I forgot to add that. Here's it sorta updated: pastebin.com/haijPQVQ

Taichi Murakami is p cool. Idk if Sacai would be considered one but I also enjoy that

this

sizing can be a little inconsistent
i'm a big dude and i can sometimes find size 3 pants that fit me

also, what about smaller labels that do jap streetwear kiinda stuff, like kapital, n(n) etc

what type do you want? i like my beautiful landlet and while not exactly japanese but is popular there, edwina horl

people dont like the sandals but fuck em i like em.

all yohji except sandals lanvin

bruh, stop wearing bright blue sandals with monochrome everything
find something else to wear them with

Maybe wear some long black socks if you wanna keep the sandals. Sick shirt though. Where'd you cop it? Looking for a drapey top atm.

No fuck off

Don't include julius or takahashi or post-rowens fuckboys will dominate the thread

I somehow agree with this. Julius and UC are closer to the gooberninja aesthetic. Also add Sacai. Sacai is just killing it right now.

copped this at some indian grocery store. guess the scent

kek'd

This. Can we add a "No Killy" rule?

i was utterly confused for a minute thinking why they would make incense about a fashion designer, but then i remember issey makes fragrances so they probably are imitating that

Issey frags are the only good mainstream frags desu

yeah not a bad idea. got it from kiko from the yohji styleforum thread. haven't come across it since sorry.

I have worn it with white shoes which is nice. I just enjoy the contrast in colours.

Hoping these hues.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=1483 go on sale before selling out so I can cop on the cheap

i think you can find similar YY or CDGH+ pants for half the price on yahoo jp. In fact, this looks very similar to a CDGH+ trousers which I saw for around $200 or less excluding shipping on yahoo jp.

Can this just be asian designer general?
I feel like a lot of korean and chinese designers get overlooked.

generals are cancer

I would love to talk about Dido Liu. Lets see if we get the general rolling first then lets try to add koreans and chinese designers.

fuuuck are those ann d sneaks in the back?

yes, cant you tell from the soles?

this, but I'd rather have a yy/cdg general than none when the only other one besides thinspo is rick.

Can we add Blackmeans?
Smaller label.
Not gooberninja, but really punk.

lol what a jackass response, I knew they were ann d's. I was just admiring, you autistic melon

The labels on the sticky shouldn't be set in stone imho. They're more of a recommendation at this point

kek was thinking the same thing. total asshole reply

can you please stop calling it a sticky. it's not a sticky. it's just OP pasta

STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY

I love Issey Miyake but I'm a poorfag. Any way to get it for cheap or is saving up and finding a sale at an obscure store the only option?

you will have to save up my man

seeing this dude makes me believe i can be a model Im a weird kind of ugly that atracts people, unconvetional I guess

Issey is the cheapest in the big three. Homme Plisse pants run for about 350 or so and less discounted. Just wait for sales user. If there's anything worth saving for, it's Issey Miyake :)

Thanks guys, bit of a shame i guess.

No worries I'm a student so my budget is limited as well but I can always make room for some Issey. :)

i'm gonna call it a sticky

should we discuss visvim here?

I'll be going to Japan at the end of the year, or early next year. Apart from looking at some stores from iconic designers like the ones mentioned in the OP, I want to find out about independant brands or less well known designers. I don't really care what 'genre' it is (streetwear, workwear, runway stuff etc); is there a registry or something that I can read about brands and find their physical locations?

Love Trove and their comfy style. I like the homoerotic feeling in their lookbooks too kek.

wear.jp should have some but its in moonrunes as well as fashionpress.net

kapital is much better :)

I kinda love how the people behind Kolor and Sacai are a couple (husband wife iirc). Really awesome in a wacky sort of way.

There's quite a few desu,
Sacai
Kolor (actually appreciate how both are getting discussed a bit more lately)
A few dozen random ones that I learnt about trawling around Y!Jp. Edwina Horl, Ethosens, and my beautiful landlet

>I kinda love how the people behind Kolor and Sacai are a couple (husband wife iirc). Really awesome in a wacky sort of way.
same with lemaire too, although they arent jap

Might get crowded, there's tonnes to discuss when it comes to Jap designers as it is

The similarities between Kapital and Vis are the Americana references but other than that they're pretty distinct in their own right.

Kapital does more "out there" items (stone denim, the kountry line, etc) with a lot of distinct statement pieces, while visvim feels more low key even if they have some minor defining details.

>Blackmeans
Has anyone handled their stuff? I'm a big fan of they're designs but also been told that sizing is extremely japanese (very short sleeves and length), and it's hard to get something for taller people.

Aight thanks, google translate should get me by.

tfw this jacket is available in my size on Grailed but could never pull it off

do want a Yohji suit tho

Ayy I own this suit

fucking nice, fit pics?

Only in shitty pic quality.

Amazing example of Yohji's tailoring though, people know shit is up when you have five braids and zippers dangling from your suit.

it's a good start

really nice, can I ask what derbies your wearing?
also how's the detailing on it (stitching, shape, what people give props to yohji for) I've only handled the looser pieces

damn Im jealous. Always love your fits man

Anyone got any yohji/cdg instagram profile inspo?

instagram.com/kleeheelk
also 곽승훈 on facebook (pic related)

how do they have so much money to drop on yohji?

shut up killy

My bby boy~

korean guy's ig is @shk0609 also @jin.01

nice toilet plunger

>being this much of a pleb

asian immigrant cash nigga

Nice umbrella collection

am i weeb enough? this is my jap designer uniform

forgot pic?

forgot pic

w2c shoes?

get a linen shirt and this will be really cool

inspo

here's it with my linen shirt tucked in

looser fits and tucking in your shirt in look weird to me but untucked I imagine this a pretty solid fit

tucked out

i wanted to try some billowing around the waist so i tucked in. this fit does look better though

looks v. cool

where did you cop trousers?

Shoes are Red Wing Postmans, I wear them almost every day.

Shape of the jacket is super soft, giving enough dimensionality and contour to the body without exaggerating any particular feature (Yohji generally likes his shoulders to curve a bit more and sit further from the body), so definitely one of the slimmer Yohji pieces I've owned. Pants are also quite slim and have enough of a straight leg/a slight flare to give some nice movement in motion. Jacket is semi lined and the wool gab breathes nicely in spring/summer but still isn't paper thin like other designers' S/S gab. Stitching is super precise but the main details are what the setup is all about really, the braids dangle about in movement and the various zippers open and close very easily which is something I always appreciate haha.

its yyph and i copped it from yahoo jp

I imagine rick sandals looking awesome w/ this

anyone here a fan of christian dada?

Can you guys post some examples of CDG stuff that isn't that awful Play garbage?

People always say they make great stuff but I only see the faggy heart stuff posted on this board

The womenswear is absolutely mindblowing but I assume you mean men's so here you go. Check out homme plus runway shows on vogue for more non play shit