Tell me about the Greek primordial gods

Before Olympians, before Titans, there were the primordial gods of the Hellenic Pantheon. Like Gaia, Cronus, Pontus, and Uranus.

How different were they from the other gods? Because they kinda seem... a bit of a different sort of thing than the later gods. I guess. I don't know, they seem more like forces of nature incarnate than the later gods seem to be. More raw nature, sorta.

So... thread about the oldest Greek gods, and Hellenic concepts of the way back past.

(Or maybe this thread is more /x/ material? Any Hellenic neopagans here?)

Other urls found in this thread:

newgeology.us/presentation32.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uranus was the inventor of famed Greed pederasty.

I am not an expert but I believe they are a combination of bronze age deities who had lost some of their status, and deified natural forces.

What do we know about Greek religion at the time? Did they actually have a Zeus, and etc during the time of the Trojan war, for example?

Kronos = Saturn = Satan

Also known as Baal by the middle-easterners.

Logos = the God of the Bible

Titans = Nephilim giants

>bronze age

evolutionist spotted.

there is no such thing as "bronze age" m8

explain.

newgeology.us/presentation32.html

This thread is about Hellenic Concept not the later Christian interpretations.

my guess is that creationists have realizes that Joshua's invasion of Canaan was in the 1400s BC during the Bronze age and there is a mention of Canaanites using iron chariots

Ah yes the iron chariot, which even our Lord creator Yahweh could not defeat.
kek

Was Chaos a god? Or just a force that began creation?

Also, I guess reading up on Wikipedia, some Greeks placed Eros (Cupid) as the offspring of Aphrodite, others placed him as a child of Nyx. And others (Hesiod) placed him as a Primordial deity.

That's quite a lead in generational placement. Being Aphrodite son makes him a less deity and child of an Olympian, but Hesiod places him as one of the oldest deities in creation.

Your claiming there was not a period of bronze weapon use that preceded iron?

Baiter spotted.

Baited spotted

We tend to think of Greek mythology as specifics set in stone, but there were many different versions of the stories depending on who you asked. Aphrodite herself, for example, was born from the foam from Uranus' castration according to Hesiod but was the daughter of Zeus and Dione according to Homer.

The Zeus-Cronus conflict is a repeat of the Cronus-Uranus

Cronus was responsible for humanity golden age.

The Titans did nothing wrong

Fuck the Olympians.

Oceanus > Poseidon

They're not even comparable, or analogous. The only thing they have in common is salt water.

Okeanos is an abstract hypostasis of the ring of water bounding the world; Poseidon is a proper persona, and a being in and of itself.

Oceanus was also a Titan god.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanus

I thought God in the Bible was Saturn as well.

>That picture.

kek