youtube.com/watch?v=ZxT24kBnHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=KqCXpDFm4N0
youtube.com/watch?v=bstVtJVItf4
youtube.com/watch?v=y2Aby3fpY8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GXAxAxQ4HeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AQvxz6gg4HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1 hour of talking
Why can't people learn how to write so I don't have to sit through their fucking rambling.

>cerebellum

As fascinating as I find the idea of exploring Aristotle's sensorimotor coordination, I think you mean cerebrum, Stef.

Not an argument

>click video
>see Stefan Molyneux
>close video

how come everyone named molyneux peddles bullshit

ONLY ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!?

I like Stef's takes on hot issues, but I dislike his historical analyses. I find them biased and borderline historical.

borderline hysterical I mean.

fuck.

Funny, since he originally started as a philosopher, and had like 500 views per video.
Then he moved to theoretical politics and economy, and got around 1500 views per video.
Now he basically reads the news and gets mad about it on camera, and gets more views than ever.

I can't tell if this is coincidental and his opinions just happen to be topical these days, or if he is cash grabbing and intentionally trying to say whatever maximizes his views as being a talking head on Youtube has become his job.

Nah, he's legit and he does seem somewhat philosophically consistent, albeit sometimes barely.

And his views on psychology helped me unfuck myself. Le bald cultist is right, sometimes. And when he's right, he's RIGHT.

not an argument

>he does seem somewhat philosophically consistent

He preaches a political system based on morality and personal responsibility for your actions, while at the same time acknowledging that there is no free will.
This is very contradictory.

Didn't know that. I never watched his determinism Vs free will videos. I probably should.

He's had a few, in the ones I saw first he agreed there is no free will citing science. In another he tried some very silly mental gymnastics to explain that there kinda sorta maybe in a way perhaps is something resembling free will kinda, and I can only assume he did that to justify his political views.

kek.

He said studying Physics is useless because it doesn't give tangible results. He topped off this rant by saying that Physicists should go ahead and become engineers so they can build him an iPhone.

To me that video did a great job of illustrating Stefan's depth of thought.

Go away, Satan. Stop trying to deceive me.

>gets mad about it on camera, and gets more views than ever
Social media in a nutshell

>acknowledging that there is no free will.
He have debated several times with retards who called in to tell him there is no such thing as a free will.
He is clearly against determinists.
And as far as I know he never even was part of the anti-free will bunch.

Therefore, your comment was
NOT

>in the ones I saw first he agreed there is no free will citing science
You should have payed more attention then. He wasn't stating that there is no such thing as free will - that I'm sure of.

He was just saying something like "of course you have desires and needs which are genetical/neurotical and your decisions are influenced by your past experiences...." - and this is a fact, right? - BUT in the end his conclusion was that you DO HAVE free will, because you are a conscious entity and you can go against your instincts - so not only in the sense of "doing stuff randomly".
That is if I remember correctly, but I'm tired as hell so feel free to correct me if I made any mystakes.

I don't think he does, but how would that be contradictory? Whether free will exists or not, people experience the world as though it did, hence they can be held responsible for their actions because from their perspective, they made the decision to take those actions.
They completely condone and endorse those actions. Of course, they technically don't have control over that either, but what difference does it make morally?

If someone believes that some group or another, which includes some good people, should be genocided, does it matter if they chose to believe that of their own free will or not?
It still reflects badly on their character and they should be freely criticised and disdained for it.

It's the same with actions, if someone commits armed robbery then from their perspective they still made the decision to do so, they still endorse their despicable actions, it still reflects badly on them, etc.
I'm not great at articulating my points but you get what I mean.

I liked how he skirted around the his arguments for the necessity of the soul and God and made it seem like he was an atheist

>using fucking youtube videos to try to discuss philosophy.

Youtube videos are what you use when you want to generate hits and income.

Books are what you use when you want to actually have people talk about your work years down the road.

I can pull up Aristotle's works and give a quote about what he thought on any subject despite him being 2,400 years old. The books are all indexed so if you want to find any given idea you can easily do it. Can imagine how fucking hard it would be to cite Stephen Molyx's ideas. You'd have to dig through a massive channel where nothing is indexed, spend 20 minutes skipping around the video to get the quote. And if youtube ever goes down the videos are lost completly.

Not that anyone is going to bother carrying about what this hack said in 30 years. While in 30 years people will still be reading real philosophers.

I know right? Dumb philosophers trying to talk about the nature of the mind when they don't even understand high school-tier basics of how the brain works.

>I can't tell if this is coincidental and his opinions just happen to be topical these days, or if he is cash grabbing and intentionally trying to say whatever maximizes his views as being a talking head on Youtube has become his job.
It's obviously both, he's an ideologically committed anarcho-capitalist, he's morally obligated to act this way and profit off of it.

A philosophical system that makes it a objective wrong, to actually approach philosophy seriously. Since pandering the lowest common denometor, people's emotions, and telling them exactly what they want to hear will always be more profitable than harder, more technical discussion, saying things average layman can't understand it and questioning the normative claims of your own social niche.

this man is an idiot. is there money in what he does?

I closed it when he called Plato a mystic. I asumme he was just regurgitating Ayn Rand's sperging.

He famously flipped his shit because a supporter ONLY donated one dollar. Make of that what you will.

Ah. So he regurgitates bullshit objectivist philosophy and expects other people to support him while he does it? Why not contribute something to society instead of asking for handouts?

>Why not contribute something to society instead of asking for handouts?

He only has a shitty degree in history because he actually failed at academic philosophy (which is why he hates it so much).

Another fun fact, he hates theoretical physicists because they "contribute nothing to society" and quite literally said "go build an iPhone!"

Stefan Molyneux admits to being jewish
youtu.be/edtWe759KIw?t=57s

Stefan Molyneux runs a cult where he convinces vulnerable people who had a decent childhood that they were abused by their parents
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/nov/15/family-relationships-fdr-defoo-cult
youtu.be/Spe9JbmDOms?t=52m

Here's what happens when you give Stefan Molyneux money but not as much money as he wants
youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8
youtube.com/watch?v=4znWSgJfsho

Stefan Molyneux Claims 'No War from 1815-1914 in Western Europe'
youtube.com/watch?v=K3T-SMoqc_M

Stefan Molyneux and defoo, defined (ignore the libertarian claptrap)
youtube.com/watch?v=-TPwjUmS7Vw

Stefan debates Stefan on whether or not concepts exist and contradicts himself left and right
youtube.com/watch?v=4I1JdbGBFRs

Stefan Molyneux: "Fuck physics, make iPhones."
youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0

Stefan Molyneux: "Nothing I say is original"
youtube.com/watch?v=kEq--iEm5oI

Stefan Molyneux tells followers to cut off all family that disagrees with his ideology
youtube.com/watch?v=SZASruN-mIA

Stefan Molyneux believes the world needs his show for its survival
youtube.com/watch?v=wVa8VtsSQZY

Stefan Molyneux forgives his mother by not killing her
youtube.com/watch?v=3jIMLKBVt00
Stefan Molyneux caims he doesn't think about his mother any more
youtube.com/watch?v=0HvUE5Odb9s

Stefan Molyneux initiates force, proving all of his moral arguments invalid
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxT24kBnHD0

Joe Rogan, Stefan Molyneux Lied To You About DeFOO!
youtube.com/watch?v=KqCXpDFm4N0

Stefan Molyneux: A lot of people in my head are desperate for me to fail
youtube.com/watch?v=bstVtJVItf4

Adventures in Stefan Molyneux's parenting:
youtube.com/watch?v=y2Aby3fpY8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GXAxAxQ4HeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AQvxz6gg4HA

Number of arguments in this thread: Zero

Number of posters who want me shot in this thread: Everyone

put the Finn in the bin

Molyneux vs Molyneux is great. Pretty lulzy!

Initiates force is also pretty great as it has him direclty contradicting his center ideas.