MODS ARE ASLEEP

MODS ARE ASLEEP
POST ART DECO ARCHITECTURE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1hRcuvFK4iQ?t=175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally the reddit of architecture

I wonder why art-deco is so underappreciated.

looks really fascist senpai

Lol it does! Even if you were to make a statue of a black homosexual couple in art deco I think it would still look somewhat fascist. Mind conditioning is real.

Is this art deco?

straight out of LotR, glorious

No that is shitty scifi

What is the difference between art déco and art nouveau except for being a few years apart?

I remember seeing some amazing statues when I visited Hoover Dam, i'm on my phone right now can someone post pics?

Would it be these ones?

I always loved how geometrical art-deco looks, it's almost like mayan architecture.

That looks straight up commie man, he's holding a fucking truck

Art Deco is angular and industrial looking, Art Nouveau is curvy and organic looking.

Fascist as fuck.

Dude what

Yeah thats it.

Like user said they have a little bit of that fascist feel, or maybe just intimidation. But I absolutely love it.

I love that feeling of power and possibility when I consider America in the early 20's-40's (except the depression lol)

Art Nouveau desu

Taken from the front of some bank in San Juan, PR.

This eagle with fasces was on the side.
Fascist as fuck.

FUCK YEA

I DON'T HAVE ANY SAVED SO CONSIDER THIS A BUMP

Columbus!!!

FEEL THE POWER

>ITT: We prove Kaczynski right about leftism

This isn't art deco m8.

>yo dawg, I heard you like the Illuminati, so we put a ziggurat on your neo-classical temple so you can cult while you cult

The art movement known as "Futurism" is extremely tied to fascism, and Art Deco is reminiscent of it and contemporary with it

Pic related, futurist statue of Mussolini

I wouldn't exactly say it's "tied" to fascism.
youtu.be/1hRcuvFK4iQ?t=175

Have you read The Futurist Manifesto?

>gets caught because of his handwriting
LMAO
M
A
O

Art deco might have been influenced by futurism but tying fascism to art deco is grade A horseshit.

I miss it and (retro)futurism so much

That is a cool as fuck statue.

Why did it have to die

Its a shame.
It could have been the first truly distinctly american cultural trait concerning architecture to endure.
Well, glasscubes/sausages seem to be cheaper..

Fascthetic as fuck

>tfw you'll never live in a fascist world capitol

That's pretty sick, for some reason it makes me think of a giant throne.

It's not totally dead
Robert AM Stern (dean of Yale architecture iirc) has some buildings that can be pretty art-deco
this one was built early 2000s or late 90s

whoops wrong image, meant this one
it's the one on the left

I'm gonna dump

mommy

How it must have felt to look up and see the Chrysler building as one of the only skyscrapers on the horizon

Speaking of which

Grand buildings are nice and all, but it's also the small things that catch your eyes

Don't you wish your shoe store looked more like this?

Interior art deco also counts in this thread, right?

sure

It's so TASTEFUL.

I can never get over the sleekness.

Can't swing a dead cat here without hitting some art deco. It's not always AS glamorous as some of the NYC and Chicago stuff, but its still high quality

When the Fisher family asked to have this building made, they gave the architects a blank check for the most beautiful office building in the world

Unlike most buildings of its class, the Fisher actually stays consistently detailed throughout the building. This was taken on one of the middle floors of the main tower

The auto moguls of Detroit were fascist/communist-tier with their urban planning and architectural aspirations. The original design of the fisher building was realistically slated to run along 3 blocks, with tunnels underneath the towers for cars. The tunnels were dug and a network of pedestrian skywalks and tunnels still exist under the building, but the depression forced Fisher Body to cease construction before the highest tower could be built.

Oh fuck you all, just have to do it again

This looks more like Raygun gothic

>Art Deco spaceships will never be a reality

Fault the progressives for anything but their ambition

Woah

Looks even better at night.

Went to Little Rock High a couple years ago on vacation. It's fucking huge and the building itself radiates power.
Crazy, considering its history.

cool as fuck, but it's still a fucking office