Read about how shampoo damages your hair and how it eventually looks better without it

>read about how shampoo damages your hair and how it eventually looks better without it
>start doing no-poo
>3 months in
>looks like greasy shit
>6 months in
>still looks like greasy shit
>say "fuck it" and use shampoo again
>hair looks god-tier and soft again
What the fuck? Did I just get memed into this "no-poo" shit?

doesnt work for everybody, different routines also vary how a no-poo experience goes

if you have greasy hair, you gotta clean the grease out
everyone is different
simple as that
my hair doesn't get greasy, I've been no poo for years, and my hair is great

Yes. Its a meme wash your hair, having stinky hair is gross. I fetishize good smelling long hair I can sleep with it close to my nose.

>no-poo
fucking kek
that's what happens when you listen to reddit
you're gonna go bald anyway why even care if your hair gets damaged in the long run or not

I dunno man, in my family hair's been quite good.
My father washes his hair once every few weeks, and it's glorious at all times. And all male members of the family from his side also don't wash their hair often.
I'm kinda off - I wash my hair once a week, because more than 7 days makes it suddenly stick together and impossible to comb.

>reddit
>implying no poo isnt another 4cancer meme

everyone is different, this is the part that everyone seems to forget.

my hair was always dry and busted, I started trying straight no poo and I found my hair got greasy as well. I also got dandruff.

What ended up working perfectly for me though was using a dandruff conditioner once a week and then just rinsing with water the rest of the week.

There are alternatives to using shampoo for degreasing. I use watered down apple cider vinegar and my hair looks great and smells fine. Been doing it for a year now.

When you go no-poo do you still condition your hair?

I find no poo only works if I start with short hair. If I start with anything longer it is a greasy mess. When I start with short hair I can go shoulder length no worries.

No poo works it's just not worth it if you like shampoo in anyway. Maybe you're just naturally too greasy for it. I did it for awhile and my hair turned out great but I ended up getting a job where I don't feel clean aftewards unless I wash everything + the hair so can't do it anymore. The only bad thing about no poo was that when your hair was wet, it smelled like wet hair, not like nothing or fragrance like how it does with washed hair.

personally I don't full no poo, I poo like once a week and otherwise only use conditioner

jew fro

>you're gonna go bald anyway

lies, i'm going out like yohji

I use to not shampoo my hair at all, the only problem was bthat it would start to smell and my stupid retard dumbass cunt sister gave me dandruff so now I have to use it.

You can't catch dandruff you mad man

>my sister gave me dandruff

You must be at least 18 years old to browse Veeky Forums.

No poo isn't a meme.

People who say to drop shampoo completely no matter how that works for you are.

wut

OLIVE OIL + SEA WATER

THANK ME LATER

It's functionally the same. Whether you use a gentle shampoo or a baking soda or vinegar you're chemically (ph values) removing the grease from your hair.

This made me think.
What if it doesn't make any difference to the scalp - when the grease is removed, it just wants to create grease again.
However, what if using vinegar - which to my knowledge is acidic - makes a more acidic environment on the scalp and basically replaces the grease for some time in the sense that it kills bacteria, defends the scalp and all that good stuff for a short amount of time?

So that would be why some substances make your scalp much better than other substances and delay the need to wash your hair, right?

I haven't used shampoo for almost 10 years, I always get compliments on my hair. I didn't know until recently that nopoo was even a thing though, I just thought shampoo was a scam