Military surplus

Hey Veeky Forumsggots, I mostly browse /k/ but I'm here to shitpost a few of my military surplus items. Tell me if you like any.

Also milsurp/camo general I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

asmc.de/Bekleidung/Militaer/Bekleidung/Feldjacken/BDU-Feldjacke-Style-daenischtarn-p.html
varusteleka.com/en/product/teesar-bdu-jacket-ripstop-olive-drab/326?q=bdu
asmc.de/Bekleidung/Militaer/Bekleidung/Feldjacken/BDU-Feldjacke-Style-oliv-washed-p.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll start off simple

Forgot pic

swiss and Scandinavian surplus is the best from a fashion perspective

the swiss m-70 has inspired a whole bunch of designers, and blackyoto is selling a black dyed version of it this season along with swiss field pants and the danish net shirt

swedish parkas are also really nicely designed, shame the country is so cucked so it's wasted on them

>M70
Do you mean M90? Pretty sure before that they just used olive drab.

Some of you might like this.

Here's a more "out there" design.

I think he just means the jacket design rather than the camo. The M70 has lots of 3d pockets and the like. Also it's usually seen in alpenflage, not olive.

Oh fuck I'm dumb, I thought he said Swedish and not Swiss. Oops.

Also people are paying almost $1000 for a $15 jacket and some black dye. Top kek.

Anyways, I hear East German shit has some fashion appeal.

yeah man blackyoto is brilliant yet everything people hate about fashion at the same time

you're right. would this normally be at a military surplus store?

brilliant from a business perspective at least. 2000% markup on some dirt cheap surplus jackets. i wonder who buys this shit.

Yeah.

People with a lot of money to burn I'd imagine

what color would you say this is? It looks kinda black here, but on milsurp sites it looks very green

Big fan of German snow camo.

I own that one

is that actual bundeswehr shit?

Same here, I love a good old smock every now and then.

Flecktarn is nothing too special, you can pick it up for like £2 for a shirt and 2.50 for some pants here in the UK. It's only German webbing that seems to cost a bit more.

If I'm 5'8 but in shape, can I pull off milspo

Don't see why not.

w2c decent looking milsurp outwear that can fit into casual outfits?

preferably that ships to the uk.

>/VARUSTELEKA/ thread

As a fellow bong the best place to get militaria is your local army and navy store or even eBay. Most online stores that sell surplus stuff tend to overprice it so watch out.

green, I wasn't taking the photos in good lighting

ebay is a good place to look, as a general rule don't pay more than what you think it's worth.

I wear a lot of milsurp because I'm pretty stingy about spending money and don't have a lot and can't be bothered to spend a lot on clothes
That said it's possible to not look like a total sperg
I've found that not wearing more than 1 piece with camp is a good rule
I also don't wear blue jeans because I don't own any and I don't know how well it'll work. I also take off most flag patches but that's personal preference, I just think it looks tacky especially if you aren't in that country.
Swiss stuff is cool and a jacket could probably be worn with regular street shirt and pants provided they're both a light color
I usually just wear German stuff because I own a lot of earth tones and live in a forest and people think it's alright

You're definitely right about only wearing one camo item.

b a s e d

where can i get this?
also are there any online stores that have cool army patches?

Any recommended ebay shops? Or key terms to search? I'd love a nice jacket that isn't just mass produced chinese shit.

Milsurp is amazing, but I totally agree with this. It's kinda difficult to get military pieces working in an outfit, but it can be done fucking well.

BDU pants are amazing and I miss the pre-digicamo flecktarn

is there any navy colored milsurp fashionable enough to wear?

this is beautiful

>It's kinda difficult to get military pieces working in an outfit, but it can be done fucking well.

Wearing a military surplus jacket/outerwear is easy as fuck, don't pretend like it requires vast knowledge of coördination. It's just an earthtone jacket (with a potentially loud pattern depending on the piece itself), just wear simpe stuff with it and you're good.

Wearing wooleypully's or 50's parajumper trousers is a whole different ballgame but come on, it's just clothing.

Bundeswehr navy Parka

Eh, in my personal experience some people in the US get kinda weird about others wearing milsurp. It may have just been the weird Southern towns I used to live in, but people tend to think its pseudo-stolen-valor type shit under certain circumstances.

That said, you're 100% right.

already own the olive version + a flecktarn, can you think of anything shorter in length?

that's because southerners and enlisted boots in general have this high and mighty air that they're dying for our country by fucking around and being stationed across the world, when nobody has imposed upon our freedom since like...world war 2...

what kind of fit do these sweaters have? i'm not sure what size to get. i'm usually a medium, but i think this would look bad tight.

In Europe people really couldn't care less. Stolen valour isn't even a thing here because you don't get benefits for being a vet. The only time people get funny is if you start wearing stuff that is clearly German army gear from the 40s

>Eh, in my personal experience some people in the US get kinda weird about others wearing milsurp
>some people in the US

There's your problem...

There's a short summer jacket type worn by the BW Navy. Other than that, I can't really think of any navy surp. The Duth have a heavy navy parka as well but that's it.

Wouldnt Nazi gear get you mocked in any place in the world in public?

you didn't lie though, you couldn't have started simpler than that

Here's my Belgian paratrooper jacket since you boys like fleck.

This image probably shows it clearer, it has a unique rusty and blueish colour scheme to the usual.

lol Supreme did this exact coat with a big patch on the back

also people collect camos I saw somewhere?
like some patterns are rare and stuff?

>like some patterns are rare and stuff?
Yup

can you elaborate?

why or how are some rare, any picture examples?

Well usually rare types of camoflage come from obscure periods in human history or are from remote countries. For example rhodie camo from the bush war tends to go for allot. It's usually determined on how hard it is to get your hands on. So shit like fleck and multicam have no rarity what so ever.

interesting, the site you linked is really cool, thank you!

definitely bookmarking it, loads of inspo for some art projects!

you're so nice
i really like that you're here and posting and contributing

+1 user

Glad to have been some help to you user.

W2c pls?

also, not exactly camo but here's one of my jackets.
I got it at a gunshow, the seller said some vet sold it to him off his back for a quick buck.
either Korean or Vietnam vet, forget which.
quality is crazy, coat is super heavy and tough materials. can only imagine where the stains and smudges are from.

compared to a 20$ german milsurp coat I got at the same show, this blows it out of the water. 20$ coat is my backup I keep in my trunk.

SHIT user DONT YOU NOW THATS A 2000 DOLLAR JACKET?

id on jacket/pants?

You sound like the insecure bougie tards who repeat the "all modern art is trash and an upper class scam only I see through" mantra.

the pieces aren't just programmatically dyed, they're done selectively (i.e. shibori pattern on the poncho) and I imagine by hand. They also use extremely high quality dye, and the majority of their pieces aren't actually easily sourced, like the swiss & japanese "workwear pants" (if anyone knows where to find those, I'd be grateful).

yes, there's the conceptual element also - but it does push an interesting question. at what point does it "count"? when they edit the existing garment with thread and not simply dye?
or do they need to reconstruct it?

or should they take it apart and use it for a pattern to produce copies of with their own fabrics? or do they have to backwards design it entirely?

until what point will it 'count' as the limited product of a designer's hand, to be released and price according to the market? pricing is almost never handled by the designer, fyi.

dude, it's a vietnam jacket, nothing special but it is hella nice. goes good with a lot of fits

It's airforce, not paratrooper.

my gorka

Korean war vet. The M65 has a hood zipped into the collar

Holy shit how to cop

Also interested in answer to this. I can wear both small and medium depending on brand etc. Unsure if small will be too tight or if medium will look stupid. Anyone with fit pics?

Should I cop? Its illegal to own surplus military here for some reason, and since i'm in a third world country my only option is zara.

Пoшeл нaхyй.

The one one the left looks good, however I've not seen it in person. The one of the right is trash in real, would not recommend.

Yeah the right one has a really ropey, hemp like material to it. The one on the left is more like canvas.

This. I considered copping a while ago but I would at least like some fit pics

You might better off just getting a miltec/rothco unissued BDU then. price/quality wise you'll be better off than zara (read: quailty will still be shifty but at least you won't be paying high street prices).

Maybe, I know this store where i get my combat shirts from, but I dont know if they sell older styled BDUs and I havent been there in a while

w2c that ships to eu/uk

Rothco, miltec and probably several other brands still pump them out in olive, black and woodland. Mainly because it's a simple design. You'll find them somewhere in unissued repro version.

>asmc.de/Bekleidung/Militaer/Bekleidung/Feldjacken/BDU-Feldjacke-Style-daenischtarn-p.html
Has several colourways and flatrate shipping.

>varusteleka.com/en/product/teesar-bdu-jacket-ripstop-olive-drab/326?q=bdu
Another option.

>asmc.de/Bekleidung/Militaer/Bekleidung/Feldjacken/BDU-Feldjacke-Style-oliv-washed-p.html
I own this exact one and I can recommend it. The fabric's already broken in (via being washed) and the fit is fairly decent (not too baggy like regualr milsurp). Better quality then anything h&m/zara as well.

>hitler dubs checked
Keepshooting.com has them in stock sometimes, as for patches, I don't know.

What are you looking for?

Korean desert camo, search on ebay. It was only $35 shipped but I got a good deal.

That jacket on the right is probably the gayest M65-style jacket I've ever seen.

Those fit really tight, like a body glove.

Here's what I've got coming in the next week or two.

All great, top left is amazing.

where'd you get top right, or anything norway in general?

militaryclothing.com

Thanks, I'm pretty excited

can anyone recommend a surplus jacket warm enough for Canadian winters?

I'd like to get something a little more interesting than the regular parkas that everyone in Montreal wears.

N3B dude

anything russian, russian winter is basically canadian winter

can "military shirts" be worn like jackets? im just getting into military surplus

the line between "shirt" and "jacket" is pretty blurred since the term "coat" is never really used apart from greatcoats and the like.

I would imagine anything without insignia and not part of the standard feldgrau set would be fine

Not my style, but If you want to get away with nazi-esque stuff just get an East German dress uniform. They're also stupid cheap.

What is this camo called?

Swedish M90.

Here's my favourite Surplus jacket, East German Rain Camo.

As cool as it looks the build quality is atrocious, uneven stitches all over that are barely holding the thing together. But hey, that's communist industry for you

cop or nah?

Swiss Work Jacket
Cold War era
comes in three pack so i have extra for some reason

That's dope, W2C?

effay

Seconded

Do you live in Zimbabwe?
I know camouflage is illegal there

positive

Mexico?