Japanese Designer General /JDG/

/JDG/ is a place to discuss general Japanese designer fashion from designers such as Yohji Yamamoto, Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe (Comme des Garcons), Issey Miyake, Takahiro Miyashita (TheSoloist and Number (N)ine), Tatsuro Horikawa (Julius), Jun Takahashi (Undercover), and such. Note that we do not allow discussion of Y3 and CdG Play.

===========================================================
GENERAL DESIGNER INFO:

>How do Japanese designers size?
For pants, japanese designers generally have a size range. It's size 28-30 for S, 30-32 for M, and 32-34 for L. XL and XS sizes are harder to come by.

For tops, its 1 for XS, 2 for S, 3 for M, 4 for L, and 5 for XL.

As always when buying online, ask the seller for measurements and

>Where can I buy these?
Generally, its recommended to buy items directly from Japan via a proxy as they are much cheaper there (excluding shipping fees) and release exclusive stuff there. Yahoo JP and Rakuten are used for this.

SPECIFIC DESIGNER INFO:

COMME DES GARCONS
>What are the lines of CDG?
CDG has two main lines - the ones designed by Rei and the ones by Junya. Wikipedia has a good reference for each lines: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comme_des_Garçons#Comme_des_Gar.C3.A7ons_lines

An important note is that for Junya, if it doesn't say Junya Watanabe MAN, it's for women.

>How does CDG size?
CDG mainline stuff generally skews oversized but it is not typically oversized. As with any brand, ask the seller for measurements.

YOHJI YAMAMOTO INFO:
See the Yohji Yamamoto write up on StyleForum: styleforum.net/t/280641/yohji-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread

Other urls found in this thread:

page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v461079213
page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p511347025
category.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/list/男性用-Y’s-ヨウジヤマモト-わ-ブランド別-ファッション-オークション/2084050669/?p=&tab_ex=commerce&select=22&slider=0
page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r148093360
grailed.com/listings/556514-White-Mountaineering-AW2010-Cotton-Moleskin-Work-Shirt
grailed.com/listings/488003
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how2 pull off garments with breasts on them

dont give a fuck

Y-3 (Older not the new shitty chinese Y-3) Parka C/N

No y3 is not worth it for the $$$. I have handled several pieces and owned one. Thousand dollar outerwear that has the quality of a fucking 100$ jacket. Total joke, its just adidas with yohji's name slapped on it to chare 10x more.

page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v461079213

cant figure out this listing, is it a reversible bomber, two separate bombers, or what? Description doesnt say either way

want this graphic on the back of my bomber pretty badly

Does anyone here have an idea of how CDG boiled wool and boiled poly differ in texture? I'm thinking of copping a boiled wool shorts but idk if it would match my boiled poly blazer

reversible

Far Eastern Enthusiast

:100:

wow what a gem, god bomber

gorgeous desu, would cop but >those measurements

was gonna bid >:(

Your not going to win lmao

you're probably right, will go pretty high

it's attracted lots of attention anyway, me asking a question about it wont make any difference

buy it and wear it in public until you stop caring :^)

w2c qt yohji gf?

Does anyone here know how Taichi Murakami pants fit? I wear a 46 and I need to know if I need to go up to a 48.

iirc they fit tts from what i've read and you just need to get used to how the brand cuts their pants. you better ask sz though to be sure as i've never tried one

these are sick

does yohji weave a light garbadine? like some pants for the summer?

thoughts on soloist stuff? I'm worried it'll look a bit costumey but some people on styleforum wear it really well

different mats
they would look find paired together
boiled wool is pretty warm though

hmmm i thought poly would be warmer. thanks senpai!

yes obviously yohji does light garbadines

can someone put together a guide on how to buy from rakuten and Y!jp as well as reputable seller?

would be great for the sticky

if you dont want their more out there pieces, get the pajama stuff. they look unique but somewhat understated. some of them have great prints and patterns too. their stuff is top notch quality too

just google it m8. there's tons of proxy services you can use and guides for the best one

my wool gab pants are pretty light ones

saving up for these. I think they'll go great with yohji since it'll be all the shapes will be exaggerated

wew lad just buy his regular platform shoes. this one is too rachet

They look fine mate, the upper is a bit clean but I reckon pebble grain and exaggerated sole balances it out.

what pants should i get for the japanese comfycore aesthetic?

pleated wool gab trousers

why is every Foot the Coacher product so nice, bros

I'm too poor at the moment want to cop this too page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p511347025

category.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/list/男性用-Y’s-ヨウジヤマモト-わ-ブランド別-ファッション-オークション/2084050669/?p=&tab_ex=commerce&select=22&slider=0
Look through this to find some good yohji pants. イージーパンツ for "easy pants" or ギャバ for wool gabardine.

yeah. I've seen great fits with chunky soled fits with yohji. Wanted raf x doc martin for the same reason.

I toyed with the idea of copping that coat too but probably wont, and those chunky shoes look good btw

do you own any? wanted to kop a pair of the asymmetrical sneakers

DOUBLE REPPUKEN

YYPH AW16 when?

post your grails. this jacket from cdgh+ fw13 is my current grail.

you mean when it hits stores?

damn thats a sick jacket. wish i could pull coats off desu

Grenson is overpriced shit. Buy Tricker's Ilkley instead.

Some stores have had pre-orders up for a while with delivery in August.

W2c everything

soloist

I've trouble finding the blazer

thanks for the heads up definitely
look into this.

sometimes I find cdgh to be unwearable but I really like that jacket.

probably out of season. it's been and sold on grailed twice now. look for soloist pajama jacket

aw08 yyph outwear love. only seen this once on ebay couple years ago. current grail piece

bump

NEED more yen

Ended at 72k yen, probably a fair price, was matching until 60ks or so. Hope it doesn't end up on God's greasy Grailed account for $2500 or something

some of cdgh+ can get really out of hand but their basics like the boiled poly/wool stuff are very wearable. they also have sick prints sometimes

does that come in a different colour?

anybody own any Sasquatchfabrix?

interested in this page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r148093360

where does God find this stuff to mark up by 10000%? Is it all y!jp?

Are there any other resellers that are less rapey with their markup?

How do you guys usually consolidate your shipments? I usually buy 3-4 pieces and then ship them all together, but I'm tired of paying $90+ s/h for EMS every time. I'm wondering if shipping my light items (shirts, etc.) by small packet would be better.

i usually do the same with buying 3-4 pieces. the shipping of each piece to the proxy is what fucks me over though. shipping to conus is $50 for me. anyone got any hacks for this?

yahoo jp resellers on grailed are the absolute worst. i hope they die in a fire

Does anyone have problems with zippers for YYPH trousers? The top part always comes down for me. I'm not even a fatty.

>yahoo jp resellers on grailed are the absolute worst. i hope they die in a fire
I agree, but fuck if he doesn't find some frustratingly good shit. These patchwork pants are honestly grail tier imo but I dont want to buy them from a man who makes his slimy tenners from ripping off Supreme kiddies

I dont even mind as much when Trunks and Pigfuck do it because everybody knows that they're pieces of shit (to the point where they're sorta likeable when they're not just being obnoxious imo), but God seems to think that he's a passionate legitimate businessman with his gushy descriptions

these ones make me happy

wish I was 6'6 and could make packs this size work

hng

any pics of people wearing soloist and not looking like cospray?

from the man himself.

check out @t3sjelly and @timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmay on ig as well as the sf thread

What would /jdg/ wear this with?

grailed.com/listings/556514-White-Mountaineering-AW2010-Cotton-Moleskin-Work-Shirt

layer with a junya patchwork blazer then cuffed wool trousers and visvim boots

how to into yp.jp auction without basic comprehension of japanese

Google Chrome auto translate helped me a lot, though it can come out fairly garbled sometimes

what do you need help with? what designers are you looking for?

agreed. really bothers me when i see great shit from any of those guys, since i know how much they're marking up and stuff. i only ever put up y!jp stuff if it legitimately didn't work out for me. even then, i only expect to get back what i paid + ship/proxy

>i hate people making money

fuck first the communist thread then this autistic shitfest of a thread
what the fuck has happened to Veeky Forums

>is a shit reseller
>resents people who are good at it

typical.

because people can easily buy the shit off yahoo jp for much much lower and they have the guts to sell it hella marked up all while acting like they're not ripping anyone off

back to your containment board will you

Am I the only one who wants to call them out on the comments section? Only thing is then they'd ask you to post source and then everyone gets access to Yj

make a temp account if you will do so and post it here. but then again i dont want normies buying up my comme

might have posted this somewhere already, but this is going to sell for 13k yen or so, cop or not? I love this stuff, this isnt my favourite piece from it but it usually ends up selling for far more than 13k

Not him but can I bump this? I've always just ordered a bunch of stuff in one go but idk if other ways would be cheaper

this one's Grail levels but >$1200

>Acting as if they're not ripping anyone off

You've obviously never had a conversation with any of them, no one is pretending the prices they charge aren't ridiculous but, if the market is willing to pay ridiculous prices so be it

Grailed sort of puts everything on an equal footing you have random streetwear next to the most revered designers ever and you have dumb kids just throwing offers around with 0 consistency

I see no problem with this. They took the risk of buying the item and shipping it so they'll get the profit.

If it pisses you off so much just beat them to buying it from y!jp

>$90 s/h for ems

thats how much it costs to ship from japan dude literally can't do a thing about it keep in mind you're basically paying for shipping twice
90 bucks for 4 items is like 22.5$ an item thats not actually too terrible, i think with big shipments (around 40 items) you can get it down to about 14-15 an item but, it's not going to get too much better than that

Also EMS is most reliable service by far, fedex fucks with people so much it's not worth it even if you pay 50% less sometimes, 4 business days to get my items most of the time , tracked, never pay duty on it either

>easily

the barrier for entry is learning how to use a proxy, which for some reason the vast majority of people interested in 2nd hand clothing can't figure out
you forget most people can't be bothered how to figure this shit out. so yeah theoretically it's easy but in practice it really isn't

there is nothing stopping you from doing the exact same thing yet for some reason you don't? because you find it morally corrupt? yet you more than likely have sold on grailed before, and whats the difference? oh you didn't make money on your sale, that makes you stupid not morally superior. you're trying to apply your arbitrary standard of what is "too much" markup to the secondhand clothes market and that's bullshit.

>back to your containment board will you
so you think a fashion board should be shit up with off topic political threads?

they're just going to be deleted also at any given time 25,000+ 2nd hand comme pieces normies can't be fucked to figure out proxies you think they can be fucked to dig through all that shit?

except these whiners can't because they're not as good at navigating yahoo japan, god is simply the best shopper, like there's nothing else to it he buys the best items for the cheapest prices and sells them for the highest prices he's just better than everyone else and these people are mad about it??

well my initial question was how to get on God levels of y!jp navigation I'm basically just annoyed by the people who buy things from him without doing research first, and thinking they're getting good prices while God is knowingly ripping them off. At least with Supreme flippers everybody including the seller knows that they're scummy, but I dont think people feel the same way about God

Also, since Grailed resellers are easily the biggest sellers on Grailed (don't mean to pick on God, he's just the biggest example), it makes me paranoid that everything on Grailed is a resell, which is why I dont really use the site anymore aside from a few specific vendors who I know wont obnoxiously overcharge

Jesus christ you fucking kids dont even understand how basic fucking principals of supply and demand work. LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU. If there is LOW supply and HIGH demand then the price goes UP. In this case, highly sought after rare archival garments are in HIGH demand so if someone sees the opportunity to profit buy purchasing a commodity (FUCKING CLOTHES) and selling them from *MORE THAN WHAT THEY PAID* to make a profit... Thats basic fucking economics. Seriously. Are you going to get mad at every buisness model ever that "rips" people off? Have you ever bough a used game at Gamestop? Have you ever bought anything from any retail outlet EVER? Guess what, they paid LESS than what you bought it for! So they could make money! Fucking villains.

Kill yourself you fucking jew. I wish one day you will find anthrax bacteria in your fucking jap postage box.

why should it matter if an item on grailed is being resold, someone is reselling it on yahoo japan too, you're not buying direct from the designer lmao
oh i get it it's a pride thing, someone might have paid less than what you paid so you feel like you;ve been had, no, someone got a good deal, and then sold it for market value simple as that.

also you can't be as good as god
he's just on another level than everyone else, even the guys around him don't know how he does shit like this
grailed.com/listings/488003

but, yeah you're still applying an arbitrary standard to a market, if you don't want to use the market and instead use yahoo japan do so, no one is forcing you to buy off grailed.

>calls other people jews
>hates capitalism

ok there shlomo

>supply and demand
lol, I didn't even say otherwise

>have you ever brought a anything
zzzz I never said I had a problem with reselling inherently. I specifically said that I dont care about Supreme flippers even though they annoying. What's more annoying about a person like God isn't that they're profiting, as much as it is that they see something rare and beautiful and think 'I can make fifty bucks off this lmao'. Not villainous, just rubs me the wrong way.

Stupid never-ending argument though.

hi God

it's not market price. y!jp auctions are usually market price. It's just inflated westerner-price for people who dont know any better. Again, rubs me the wrong way.

i'm not god lmao
also then explain all the expensive pieces on yahoo japan?
the japs are allowed to sell for whatever they want but, it rubs you the wrong way when someone does it in the west? you realize the people on yahoo japan are making money off those pieces, shops like ragtag and rinkan are making money on everything they sell you know that right? but, that doesn't rub you the wrong way?

god didn't win it

>explain all the expensive pieces on yahoo japan?
They're floating there for months literaly. Reasonable priced stuff goes in a week.

Capitalism does not justifies your fucking jew nature. Fucks like you are just standing between the seller and the buyer, making market processes harder, you are useless fucking gaskets, a parasites, literaly producing nothing but difficulties to fair participants. Garment resellers, used car dealers, realtors and other parasites, you claim you're "helping" people but you're not. Do us a favor go get yourself in the fucking oven.

and theres stuff that sits on grailed for months reasonably stuff price on grailed also goes in a week whats the difference?

so you also hate the japs you're buying from in the first place as well then? it's ok for you to buy a comme piece thats been passed around through five people from japan but as soon as it comes overseas the seller is a jew parasite?

Anyone got Yohji inspo? preferably not runway shots.

>shops like ragtag and rinkan are making money on everything they sell you know that right? but, that doesn't rub you the wrong way?
it does. I feel like more buyers in JP understand true value of garments, while most of Grailed is streetwear kids. The prices are also rarely as extortionate. I'm aware that that's mostly splitting hairs, but yes, I dislike reselling businesses. Dislike them more so when the original seller doesn't know that the person that they're selling to is just going to flip it. When I'm selling something, I hope it'll go to somebody who'll enjoy it for it's purpose, not to somebody looking for some quick resell bux (some care about this, most dont).

I hate 'dude jew lmao' posting but agree with a lot of what said. Contribute nothing, just leeches.

I understand that only people who actually care about rare garments in the first place will care when they're resold. I'm in the minority here. It's just annoying to me.

Do I think God should be banned from Grailed for selling Yahoo flips? Of course not. But I wouldn't mind if somebody broke into his house and stole all his fancy clothes.

Platforms like FJ are actually helping, they provide service. I'm paying for handling stuff, participation in auctions, providing web-services like watch list, sniper bidding, alarms etc. The jew reseller does not provide any service, he makes getting stuff more difficult.

I have nothing personal against Jews as nation, I'm using term as a figure.

check out kiko's fits from the style forum thread. I even bought a couple of pieces from him. he did re-sell at quite a high price, I couldn't really tell at the time.

>I have nothing personal against Jews as nation, I'm using term as a figure.
no worries not offended or anything, just associate anything Jewish with /pol/friends now

i'm not talking about from japan, i'm talking about the owner of the garment you're buying. people resell in japan but, it's ok for you to buy from them but not the person in the west? why? the jap with the 5th hand comme isn't a jew for reselling but the guy on grailed is?

>Do I think God should be banned from Grailed for selling Yahoo flips? Of course not. But I wouldn't mind if somebody broke into his house and stole all his fancy clothes.

you really have no idea what you're talking about

>the jap with the 5th hand comme isn't a jew for reselling
He might be, but you can't tell that exactly unless you're following him, watch for his listings etc. It could be evident for native jap user, but it's not so for a westerner so I don't want to speculate on this. Westerners who resell stuff on the other hand are pretty much more evident with their huge quantities of used stuff with jp tags so I prefer throwing my hate on people who parasite clearly for me rather on jap who might be innocent original owner of the garments.

>it's ok to buy from a reseller if i don't know they're a reseller

fuck off you don't even have any conviction in the shit you spew

It's not ok to hate the guy if you're not sure about him — that was the point. You have troubles with understanding.

impossible desu, gotta go full costume for it to work

not sure if that's what he was saying, friend

if you can't tell then you probably shouldn't be buying secondhand clothing....

I don't usually participate in arguments on this board. But I disagree with you a lot.

1) The "service" the Grailed seller provides is purchasing the items and making them available to Grailed buyers. The seller must incur risk and put in work. It is fair that he is rewarded.

2) The "market price" is what buyers are willing to pay and what sellers are willing to sell for. Grailed is a market in this context.

3) Yes, you are free to hate whoever you want. But I believe your hate is unjustified and childish.

You will never become rich or successful in life with the close minded attitude you have. If you don't want to, that's fine. I'm not trying to change your outlook.

I even hunt for auctions on Yjp primarily. I try to pay the lowest prices I can for the items I want. That's just me. But I can afford to buy from Grailed sellers like God if I want. I do not make assumptions about him or the people who buy from him (who you call "streetwear kids"). I'm just saying that you should try to open your mind maybe.

dull argument which nobody will see eye to eye on, now post more rare Yohjis :^)

ywn own these

long shot, but does anybody know of any places where these boots are stocked besides the Nepenthes online store? Sold out in >size 40