How is his advice? just read the wiki, and looking online for some inspiration. just trying to change my whole wardrobe

How is his advice? just read the wiki, and looking online for some inspiration. just trying to change my whole wardrobe
youtube.com/watch?v=6_oVJP3dteM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XX7IH9FWcuA
youtube.com/channel/UCaaApS4TMI3KueyAkIQv1XQ
putthison.com/
youtube.com/user/thegentlemansgazette
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mra douchbag

he comes off as very metro but im just curious about the advice and clothes he wears

he is more like a personal coach. Though his advice are very sound if you aim to dress like a 25-35 yo man.

and just in case, what are you looking to change in your wardrobe?

Not shit advice really, I sometimes watch his videos because he's pretty entertaining. BUT. if you strictly follow his advice, you'll dress mediocre at best. Just look up his makeover series - most outfits he pulls off look shitty. He gives reasonable grooming and lifestyle advice, but he won't ever help you develop your personal style, just some business casual uniform that won't ever look insulting, but won't ever look dope.
If you haven't dressed well ever in your life, think carefully before you start making purchases. Alpham is full of cliches ("EVRRY MAEN NEEDZ DOPE SIUT") and will make you think that dressing any other way but menswear is immature. Truth is, menswear not fashion, just clothes. You won't reach excellence by following him thoroughly, even he himslef won't look half as good as pic related because he's stuck in a ton of stupid rules of the menswear world.

manlet overcompensating

he seems like a nice person

literally everything, my daily wear is cargo trousers and white sneakers for the past decade or so and im just 20

i can shill out $400-500 purely on clothes but worried because im still so new and been a cheapskate.

Kinda cringey and his advice is incredibly prescriptive and conservative. Also the specific products he recommends are mostly trash that he's obviously being paid to rep.

That said, if your only aim is to look respectable or "dapper" then he's probably a good bet.

Thanks yeah I im mostly watching his videos for his fitness and fashion/care advice. Not looking so much as a statement but more of a "wow he dresses real nice"

yeah he seems like a cool dude and he gives basic fashion advice, but I think his fashion advice makes sense when you put it into the context of his entire channel

youtu.be/XX7IH9FWcuA

another dude that does very conservative menswear advice, some of his advice is iffy but if you want old school menswear advice and old school fit advice especially look no further

If you dress like a slob, he's a good resource to start dressing cleaner. Not fashionable necessarily, but it'll impress people who don't care much about fashion.

thanks, as mentioned before I've been told I wear some very japanese-dad like clothing and is plain boring/dull. Are there any youtubers who'd you recommend?

youtube.com/channel/UCaaApS4TMI3KueyAkIQv1XQ

I like that dude, but I don't think I'd ever follow his rules strictly, except maybe in the literal most conservative of Italian business environments. That girl on the other hand, I usually completely ignore women giving men's fashion advice but from what I've seen of her she's actually top tier, I think about her video of how a shirt should fit every time I go to buy shirts. Besides that there are a few other places I'd recommend

malefashionadvice is great for basic dress codes and recommendations on cheaper places to shop, Veeky Forums hates it but that's only because Veeky Forums is retarded and insists on dressing like bums constantly

putthison.com/

Also, what do you mean by japanese-dad? I'm imagining poorly-fitting/too loose basics and traditional men's wear, am I wrong?

>most conservative of Italian business environments

what's that?

I dunno I just made it up dude, my point was just that if you strictly follow his advice you'll probably be very well dressed, for a European man in the early 20th century

>early 20th century
walking canes, and top hats here i come

The definition of cringey but so fun to watch. I like his videos in the same way that I like queer eye for the straight guy. Pure gold.

what about this guy?
youtube.com/user/thegentlemansgazette

He gives lots of discounts, so there's always that.

Only if you want to look like a dandy

If you're looking to change your whole wardrobe for the ''he dresses nicely'' look I can highly suggest watching Ashley Weston's Essentials playlist on youtube (she was linked before). In the essentials playlist she takes no real risks, but gives solid advice, and if you buy a few of the essential pieces and mix and match a bit you're halfway there. After that just pick up some signature/more creative pieces you like and there your new wardrobe is!
Nothing too fancy or risky but it will get noticed

The mob, duh

Here's a mnemonic:
don't dress like a slob
when you talk to the mob
if your suit isn't hot
you'll get strangled and shot

he's ok
his lifestyle advice is much better

that is fantastic thanks

20 tips on how to be tall

I find that if you are short, it's better to be tall.

He has some good advice, but you have to filter his faux machismo a bit.

his life and health advice is fine, but fashion-wise he's not thing special and def not Veeky Forums

He looks like a cross between Jake Gyllenhaal and Bradley Cooper.

LMAO this guy's fashion advice is GARBAGE.

It's just generic, cookie cutter shit.

Only some of his grooming related videos are good for tips.

Anything like dating, life advice, etc.. is pretty subjective, although I wouldn't take it from him.

>GARBAGE

Care to explain?

is there someone you watch/read on about for the dating, life etc.. in that case? feeling tired of being same dull, introverted person i have been