Prep/ivy/trad

PLEATS ARE HARAM

are nantucket reds okay? bought a pair from brooks brothers. was kinda an impulse buy. some inspo maybe?

>boat shoes
>low wast

this is pretty dope.

looks like shit and is absolutely haram

>manbag
>problem glasses
>shoes
>rolled up pants
>bracelets

wew. are people trying to look like a huge "hey guyth" faggot on purpose?

yeah I thought so too, gonna go return them for some other coloured chinos. god damn store cheated me with 10 euros too.

quilted jackets only count as trad if you legitimately enjoy vintage hunting attire; most people don't
honestly LL Bean and Abercrombie&Fitch should get more props if people really wanna go that route

ive been looking for these all over the internet/ebay/etsy and i cant seem to find a pair in a size 10.5/11 or any at all.

drats.

>ice
HARAM

Jesus Christ!

This slack-jawed dumbfuck is the antithesis of not just prep but like, life.

on the other hand, fuckin' cracks me up everytime, top-10 OP of the whole of Veeky Forums desu

Cords from where? Like this color a lot.

w2c pants that look like these?

Chads: The Thread

That's the idea you fucking fruit.

literally search 'green corduroy pants' on eBay

Not the same tone at all, that one's a yellowish green, the other one's bluish tinted. Maybe just the lighting? Anyway I know how to find cords, was hoping for brand/make

this is good inspo for Reds
is shit, guy looks like a fag
is dope as fuck
doesnt know what theyre talking about
Keep the pants
Nantucket Reds are about as prep as you can get and pretty versatile if you have the wardrobe to back it up.
Kind of like seersucker, everyone has is but its not something you wear all the time.

lol Cole Haan, if you an afford better shoes get better shoes

Is this kinda stuff haram? I am not a fan of logos and flashy stuff but this looks so fucking good and powerful.

Good maybe, but not prep. I mean the guy seems to be wearing a tie bar?!

If you mean the blazer specifically though, sure. Traditional blazers are often badged over the breast, especially sporting-related blazers. A sport or club badge doesn't count as a logo in the least, it's not the same thing.

How do I get a jacket like that? I mean one that is authentic.
I dont row, I am not in some club or anything, I am a tennis-nerd tho. :^)

What about ties with crests on it? They seem to be preppy but I guess you can only wear them if you have a family crest or otherwise it would be fake?

Post some non-Chad inspo then.

that picture was taken in the 1980s, there aren't any low waists

PRL is generally accepted in Ivy/prep no matter what the special snowflakes on this board say. University crest is especially common. This is fine if you're genuinely wealthy.

Not a tie-bar at all, this is an unconventional tie style, but it's known.

>How do I get a jacket like that? I mean one that is authentic.
Join somewhere with the prestige and tradition to have them.

>What about ties with crests on it? They seem to be preppy but I guess you can only wear them if you have a family crest or otherwise it would be fake?
Ties with emblems are usually also club or sport badges, never heard of ones with family arms tabach famigliato.
The only article with coats of arms I would consider legit is a signet ring, and that's not prep because between zero and no Americans have genuine ones. (Even if you had noble heritage, the American creed laid out by the same culture and often same families who later produced prep is to lay aside that type of trappings in favor of an excellence based on merit. Of course later a new hereditary elite developed, but the rejection of Old World nobility remains)

>Not a tie-bar at all, this is an unconventional tie style, but it's known.
Are you seriously arguing that's not a slim white-metal tie bar running across the tie roughly halfway down the gorge of the blazer? It's a single white stripe, set at an angle against the other stripes, and not recurring in the pattern? Seems uh... pretty implausible to me.

I'm on mobile, so I didn't notice the tie-bar going with the slant of the stripes. However, a tie-bar is always set straight, never slanted. An elevated tie is a style reminiscent of an ascot.

The fact that you were unable to realize either possibility is blatantly obvious proof that you've never even encountered both articles in your life. Classic Veeky Forums trying to one-up someone - but do tell me your alma mater.

>However, a tie-bar is always set straight, never slanted.
What are you talking about? It IS straight. That was my whole point: since it's horizontal, for it to be a stripe it would have had to be a solitary stripe set at an angle *relative to the other stripes*, i.e. an absurd assumption about the design of the tie cloth, ergo it must be a tie bar.

But yeah, keep trying to dig yourself out of this hole by posturing superiority, that's going real well for you so far.

If you believe that's proper (let alone even horizontal), you are utterly clueless.

Your damage control is hilarious. This should be common sense really.

>If you believe that's proper
Yes, that's what "it's not prep, a tie bar is incompatible with prep" sounds like. Well done.

Lol, clearly you didn't understand what they meant. Typically that's achieved without a tie bar, so it's pretty easy for anyone to overlook. The fact you were so offended by a mistake enough to derail the entire thread is kinda pathetic lol.

Although this isn't really prep, I agree. Anyone properly raised should know this to be true. Granted, a pic of a model is always intentionally awkward and unconventional.

>Now please shut the fuck up

>ITT: niggas arguing about a tie bar

>thumbnail made me expect a shoop where everyone in the picture was Ted Cruz

are pleats really not prep or is this some sort of meme?

Pleats are fine if you're overwieght.
They give a slimming effect.

When people say pleats aren't effay they are speaking from the perspective that everyone is average sized/thin and wearing flat front is what makes sense.

I'm skinny. Is it possible to pull off? I never thought of them as looking bad but I suppose I just never paid much attention

No.
It's not possible.

It accentuates your skinnyness and makes you look like your pants are far too small.

They're literally made for overweight bankers to wear so their obesity isn't as obvious.

>muh alma mater
Stanford

Dang

What do you wear when the weather is bad? I wanna get a barbour bedale for formal and casual fits but idk what boots I should wear...no duckmemeboots pls

you can wear danner mountain lights, mocs, or hunter boots

nothing wrong with pleats
oxford shirts have pleats too but you don't care, right?

>Barbour
>formal
yikes

>oxford shirts have pleats too but you don't care, right?
We're talking about pants you mongoloid.
Those trousers look awful on him compared to what he'd be in flat front.

Thoughts on the haircut?

THIS PLS

need front view because it looks like a normie undercut

of course it is. other guy's obviously just injecting his opinion where it doesn't belong.

That's what I was thinking, thanks. Any more inspo?

Should I get a T.Anthony bag for 435 bucks?

PLAYED OUT
LA
YE
D

>>>/OUT/

Bump

Dunno about those bags. Patagonia is more the present day equivalent for the set who might have carried a bag like that back in the day.

No get a Hudson Sutler bag or a sail canvas bag

Not even him but there's a line between modern prep and trad.

If you want to look like a 40 year old man then go ahead.

how do you prevent blisters when going sockless with penny loafers? are no show socks the only way?

Unless you hate your shoes, you need to wear some sort of socks. Bare feet destroy shoes.

no show socks then?

ye

Cardigans with high button stances are pretty dope, who still makes them these days?
Pic from F&E

I think I saw one by Rand and Bone.

>not knowing this is what the reptilian shape shifters want you to believe

Gonna buy some oxfords in stripe and colors besides white and blue. I was going to get pink, yellow, blue-white candy stripe, and red-white candy stripe. Any others I should get?

you can get a gingham shirt

good idea. I have a couple tattersalls so gingham could be a nice summer coubterpart

I believe T.Anthony is even listed in the preppy handbook.
Your suggested bags dont look good to me. They look like a normal plastic sport bag. Dont you have any suggestions for a normal leather or canvas/leatger duffle for 400bucks?

That Hudson Sutler bag is heavy duty canvas and built like a tank. I own one. It's even lined with gingham cloth

The only other brand I can think of that makes a preppy bag is Captain Santa (whose mascot is second in command to lead the califate)
Or Van, I guess

where you copping from

pleats are halal get out before sharia is instigated

Ramadan starts on Sunday, fuccboi get your shit together

Filson

Patagonia has been a prep thing since the 80s though, plastic and all.

fratcore

>However, a tie-bar is always set straight, never slanted. An elevated tie is a style reminiscent of an ascot.
What did he mean by this?
I've reread the exchange between these two tards three times now and I don't get where any of this came from or what it had to do with what the other mong said, I'm just fucking confused.
HELP ME OUT HERE, PREPHET OF ALLAH (PBUH)

>antipleatfag on suicide watch
How the fuck does this old man constantly pull off such god tier fits??? The only thing I ever dislike about them is his collars look too tight at times.

HARAM

How come whites no longer have this face? it's like an entire race has been neotenized in a single generation...

what the fuck are you on about.

but at the same time fuck off with the race shit. nobody cares.

Thinking about purchasing this poplin blazer for work/casual wear.

is poplin a fabric perfect for summer?

Yes that looks good

Is that navy blue?
Poplins are usually beige, blue etc

w2c

That's all I wear pham

Wow you sound intolerable.

how do i wear penny loafers with shorts without looking too effeminate?

Look masculine and wear penny loafers with shorts.

I'm jacked and have very strong facial features, so anything "effeminate" I do just manages to highlight that.

make sure the tip of your dick pokes out the bottom hem of your shorts. If your dick is too short to do that you're not manly enough

j press my man

All of the jpress blazers are like 500 bucks

How much was that one?