Any old people around?

Hey I was wondering if old people actually visit this board. I am not talking about thirty year olds but rather people in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

I am not sure such people are around here but if you are could you tell us a little bit about how life has changed since you were say 12 or 20? Did your hometown get wealthier? Are houses more luxurious? All that kind of stuff.

pic unrelated

I am 83 and you're a faggot.

He's 83 and OP is still a faggot.

I see nothing has changed much the last 83 years.

they're here, on Veeky Forums. not on this board... but they are here. you're better off asking this question in the "manly man" boards like /k/ Veeky Forums and /out/

Especially /out/. Check out the gardening threads.

Why wouldn't they visit this board though?

Just an increase in faggot OPs.

forgot /diy/ and Veeky Forums
find me an old person interested in history, ill wait.

I'm 83 and interested in history, you retarded youngster punk. What is talked about on this board is absolute shit though and might as well be a kindergartner's introduction to faggot history. 101.

my point exactly, old people have no interest in history.

Please enlighten us some more with your knowledge, sir!

If you were my son I'd beat you to death.

What do you want to know?

What OP asked. How much did societies wealth increase over the past decades, did family structures change, how was the 1970s oil crisis and stuff like that.

he doesnt fucking know, he's 12.

Which society? No. For who?

Micronesian society obviously...

>how life has changed since you were say 12 or 20?

It's gotten shittier.

>Did your hometown get wealthier?

I live in a rural area since I'm not a city or new suburban dwelling faggot.

>Are houses more luxurious?

They just seem to waste more space now and all look exactly the same.

How old are you and where are you from, and how much shittier did it get?

83. America. A lot.

Got any trust in the current generation?

All generations are shit and the only thing you should trust is yourself.

As intresting as It is to learn from old people about things that they lived through, the last generations main contribution is cultural shifts. Prehaps vietnam/korea/bay of pigs/contra or the cold war in general but most people dont have a direct link to these events.

If anything, our generation (19-30) will be far more intresting to our grandchildren as we can tell them of a world of excess before shit really hit the fan.

Also, its worth noting that the older most people get, the less they care about there own lifes-history becase there perception of it is mostly negative/personal. not really focusing on important points of intrest from there respective eras.

If Veeky Forums is still here for 50+ years though, and remains a site popular/relevant amongst yound people. it will be the first time in a generation we can have the oldies be recorded very well from there own words, it will be so intresting to see.

50+ here
Children have zero respect for anyone else; they only care about themselves.
Children are fundamentally undisciplined.
Children are not willing to take the time to learn anything that doesn't relate to their current video system.
Did I mention that children have no respect for anyone?
Children don't care that 20 other nations on the planet have kids that are smarter.
My Rust Belt town has 25% fewer people than when I was young because our parents allowed free trade which sent jobs overseas to children that are now SIGNIFICANTLY more qualified than kids in the current generation here in the US.
Did I mention video games?
Dudes have no respect for their bitches & hoes.
LIFE EXPECTANCY for your generation is less than for ours.
Your generation can not speak grammatically expect English.
Need I go on?

>Your generation can not speak grammatically expect English.
Neither could yours, I see.

Do you think the welfare state has anything to do with children's issues, or is it more a "consequence of the times"?

How have memes changed your life?

Socrates? Is that you?

Wassup old fool

That's a spelling error, not a grammar error, vut I'll take the hit nonetheless.
I blame the US Congress. They took big money from big business to pass legislation allowing corporations to shift jobs and their tax burdens overseas. The are not sufficient high paying jobs for households to live on a single income.

Additionally we have developed a creche mentality. Kids are not raised by their parents, they are raised by daycare which is inadequate for the needs of the child. More kids are in daycare because either the sole parent needs to work or because both parents choose to work. The creche system would work if daycare providers actually provided intensive age appropriate stimulus to kids.

The Stock Market is a charade. Few stocks provide dividends therefore your stock portfolio is only worth something when you sell the stock and stock prices are based on speculation which few understand. Companies are off the hook for providing retirement plans since they can shift the burden to employee investment plans and can easily restructure existing plans through bankruptcy.

Read a detailed Biography of the Krupp family. Gustav was Hitler's arms supplier between the wars. He believed in taking care of the employee. He had doctors at his factories which were some family's only healthcare. I believe in socialized medicine and the single payer idea. Why should a corporation make a profit by BETTING on the health of the employee via insurance.

That's enough for the moment...

wrickity wrickity wrecked

I can only relate a little but that might be due to the fact that I am not from the US.

Do agree about layoffs though, great way to knock out a bunch of old farts.