Bahá'í Faith

This is a broad question, but how do you feel about Bahá'í? The core ideas are interesting, it provides a clear expression of its moral values, and it peaches tolerance even when faced with contradiction of its principles.

My big point of interest though is with the founder, who claimed to be the last manifestation of God. I wonder if the reasoning behind this is along the lines of "Here guys, I'm telling you all how it's supposed to be, no one is coming after me, it's finally time for you all to work this all out."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_Faith_in_South_Carolina
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If Muhammad can do it (create a phony religion and deceive millions) then I can too: the religion.

Took me ages to figure out his head wasn't absurdly flat but he's just wearing a hat

Why would god allow false prophets to rise up and subvert the masses when all it would accomplish is diminishing the voice of his true prophets and risks preventing people from every hearing the truth?

At first I was really interested in the concept. But the entire thing smacks of NWO religion of "humanity" bs. The theology sounds like a patch-work of all the faiths as if someone artifically pieced together a little bit of everything. It's not convincing at all. No.

The Gospel has already been preached to the entire world. Now to each one his own.

>My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Because god is not real

Thousands of years later, what makes Christianity right? I know, you have to take it on faith, same as every religion. But without exposure to the new testament, would you still believe in it? Is there a divine state of mind where you inherently know what you believe is true? Or are you constantly tested and believe what you believe despite other compelling beliefs that available to you?

Faith is a supernatural gift of God. You don't chose to believe in God, God choses you. And there is only one true God, the Holy Trinity.

Sure, but say you live a life not exposed to the new testament, only exposed to other religions. Have you failed in the eyes of god for not believing in something you've never been exposed to?

>One True God
>Holy TRINITY

Christian Math

Phony religion created by the Britts to divide Iran just like this did with W'habbism and the the Saudis.

2nd largest religion in South Carolina in the U.S.

How odd. Does anyone know why this is? I assume it has to do with conversion, or is Columbia the number one destination for Bahais fleeing persecution?

This post is a lot funnier than anyone is giving it credit.

Nice work.

Because there is more than 1 god vying for the attention of the masses.

/thread

This is an interesting map.

Number One in all states is Christianity

Seems like a more structured take on Universal Unitarianism, but with a bizarre side of fundamentalism (like having basically the same stance on homosexuality as the LDS).

it's notable enough to get its own wikipedia page

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_Faith_in_South_Carolina

Bahá'í claims strict, unitarian monotheism that is incompatible with the religious symbols it adorns the outside of its places of worship with, some being polytheistic, others dualistic, others trinitarian monotheistic, others even atheistic.

Bahá'u'lláh had three wives but Bahá'í forbids polygamy.

Bahá'u'lláh claims to be the solution to all eschatologies of all manner of religions at the same time, i.e. 2nd coming of Christ, etc.

Bahá'í claims unity of religion but it forbids monasticism, ascetism, ritualism, clergy (yes), confession, pulpits, alcohol, head shaving, begging.

It also forbids personal interpretation, as only texts written by Bahá'u'lláh, as well as further interpretations by `Abdu'l-Bahá, and Shoghi Effendi, heads of the religion after Bahá'u'lláh's death, as well as legislation by the Universal House of Justice, are allowed.

Again, if people think a pope and a bunch of bishops determining what is good or what bad isn't a positive thing, there you will see that there isn't even a clergy, it is a form of hereditary oligarchy over all theology.

Bahá'í is the religion of money. That's how they get their massive funds:

- Huqúqu'lláh, the "Right of God", is a law which requires Bahá'ís to pay 19% of their surplus net-worth (i.e. those things that they do not need to live comfortably), after the discharge of all debts.

- If someone comes upon a treasure trove, one third of the treasure is the right of the discoverer, and the other two thirds is the right of the House of Justice. This law is designed for a future state of society and these matters are currently covered by the civil law of each country.

- Dead Bahá'í must be buried while wearing a ring bouth from the aforementioned oligarchic assholes.

Bahá'í claims to continue the diversity of culture, but it wants one religion, one language, one government, one education, one code of law, one parliament, one police, one currency. The New World Order is its very theology. Tower of Babel anyone?

As horrible as all that is, the writings of the faith (from what little I have delved into them) do seem to have some merit to them- especially the idea of God being like the sun and prophets being mirrors that reflect that light off of themselves.

All false. Holy shit. How many Muslim autists are there on here?