Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post your unpopular opinion so that Veeky Forums screams at you with all their /thinspo/ might!

>Rick Owens Sneakers
They are disgusting and clumsy looking; they are repulsive and unelegant, like their wearers. Pic related

I agree wholeheartedly bruh. To me, they look like Converse tried to make clown shoes.

The main issue with Rick, especially here, is that people who can't really afford it try to pull off the look

So you end up with this gawky teenager wearing a single Rick piece along with a bunch of stuff he got at the mall, and he's short and has a bad body and everything just feels bad

no they are gud

I'm skinny fat and wear super skinny jeans

Idgaf desu

Why does Veeky Forums cum all over them?

how it that gud?

Yes, true in part, but the over all design is just clumsy

This dude is probably mildly autistic and has either acne or really smelly breath.

Even Rick himself looks like shit

I honestly think these clothes are designed that way as a joke to see if anyone would actually buy it. The joke worked too well though, and now they can't stop.

Ayy lmao exacts my thought

haha no

>projecting

Isn't facile projection what fashion is predicated on? You wear something because of the connotation it manifests to others; therefore, viewer must project a shallow opinion.

They are an obvious Vans ripoff

undercuts don't deserve the hate they get around here

>my fucking great grandfather probably rocked an undercut
literally nothing wrong with classic cuts.

I wanna dress just like Kanye

that looks like total shit
not even kidding

because Veeky Forums knows nothing about looking good.

"Fragrance" as perfume and an ingredient in nearly all personal care products should be outlawed because it makes a significant amount of the population really sick - including me.

It makes you sick? For how long?

The more conservative cuts will be timeless, I agree

There are a few people on here that know their shit

Isn't that the point of the shoes? kooky exaggerated proportions?

rick shoes are indeed ugly as shit.
also expensive =/= fashionable. that seems to be a huge Veeky Forums misconception

>unpopular opinion
Uhm I thought the Rick Owens threads where just a massive troll?

Ramones are objectively timeless

>MUUUH MONAY
>MUUUH FASHUN
>MUUUH PUSSAY

>G-guys they a-are being i-i-ironic
>Paying $500< to be ironic
Sperg much?

I cant be bothered trying to be effay, 75% of the time im in my pyjamas
>hounded by fit guilt

Can you even read, jackass?

I said it's the point of the shoes, not that they look good, or that anyone was being ironic.

Also '$500

Guys like that haven't worn Rick in nearly half a decade

The people that wear Rick today are kanye west fans or south east Asian teens buying their clothing second hamd

Wew lad, being this insecure
No, I can't read english, for my native tongue is Dutch
>Hou je mond, kleine teef jongen

OP here, and agreed. Pic related isn't that bad at all, I was just being facetious. I do have a massive dislike for the people you just described.

Yeah I used to wear the Rick Owens silk blend long sleeves instead of James perse... because Rick was cheap on gilt.

After I was done with it

Nearly everyone I sold to had the last name nyguen or however it's spelled

About 20 different people 16 of them southeast Asian

And wrote like they were young.

It's a fad amongst the undesirable minorities today

People just get angry when they hear that because they think it's racism bit if you want to blend in with niggers and Koreans all day acting hood then go ahead

James perse is so much better man. I have both and regret spending 230 on some fucking l/s tee

> it's a rick hate thread in disguise

Black shoes can look fine with a brown suit as long as there is not too much contrast.

Button up shirts under sweaters looks stupid and too uptight/uncomfortable

You can look really good just buying stuff from cheap places at the mall. Money cannot buy good visual sensibility.

Vans are fine. At least get a decent colorway. Not the super normalfag ones that are black with white stitching and outsole. At least get a decent colorway.

>Black shoes can look fine with a brown suit as long as there is not too much contrast.

>Button up shirts under sweaters looks stupid and too uptight/uncomfortable

There's a reason why your opinions are unpopular

Veeky Forums will try so hard to look good but never realize that 98% of it is about being confident about your outfit.

Dick Owens' cloths are good, just his shoes make me cringe.

> I used to wear Rick

Unfriendly reminder that Sieg looks like this.

which one is he?

The left. The right is Mexican Susan Boyle.

Her specialty is singing "La Cucaracha"

KEK

lol

Kanker mongool kan geen Engels

thatsthepoint.jpg

>heterosexual men need to drop the Levi's 511's and get into some 513's or 514's.

>v-necks are superior to crew necks

>people need to stop wearing monochrome

>undercuts are played out

>shirt skirts and scoop necks are literally autistic

>joggers are the male equivalent of yoga pants and are thus indecent

Don't give a shit

I enjoy the fact that people wear slim or skinny fitting joggers more now, as they're comfy as fuck and I think they looks nice with good shoes and a nice jumper.

>Post your unpopular opinion
Classic menswear looks better than all this robot faggotry and similar trash for underage b&
Only here for the suit threads and prep general
Anyone who has ever typed the phrase "r/mfa" but me should kill themselves

>"Fragrance" as perfume and an ingredient in nearly all personal care products should be outlawed
Agreed desu but not because you're a weak fag. It should be outlawed because having to jump through a million hoops to just not have your actual perfume/aftershave blended with like five cheap stenches is a huge pain in the ass.

>>>r/mfa

>you're classic, timeless menswear is dadcore

Suicidal, huh

This also disgusts me. I like to wear cologne and when I wash my face with creams that have "fragrance" when I apply my cologne it usually mixes in such a horrible way that I can smell myself.

>v-necks are superior to crew necks
>people need to stop wearing monochrome
i agree with most of this but oh lad you're wrong on these two

Even if you're wearing an amazing fit, if you're overweight/underweight/obviously unhealthy, I will fixate on that aspect of your appearance.

>hello, I have no idea how greentext works because I'm impossibly new

This isn't even an unpopular opinion. If you're fat and trying to pull off an amazing fit you'll just look fat in an amazing fit. The clothes don't make the man, the man makes the clothes.

>your

>implying one informally incorrect use of a text display tool denotes you as new.

no one else quite glorifies the human body like Rick does tho senpai

most of his Mens stuff is clumsy and stupid desu but you can't deny his Womens stuff is nothing short of art.

>cont

I also hate that it usually has to be >muhh BLACK EVERYTHING

you look stupid unless your body is A1

I wish somewhat colorful prep-Rick or something was a thing.

>not believing it

>prep-Rick
WHAT HAVE YOUR IDLE HANDS WROUGHT

kek

I do believe that is an incorrect way of greentexting, as it implies not believing in me is the incorrect opinion... fucking new fag gtfo

>prep-rick
It is the future, my friendo; combining modern street-ware with the formalities and classicalism of prep-core

Prep-goth could be cool

If you're a faggot in 2008, then sure

I second these

>prep-rick
Yes
>Prep-goth
No.... so much no

The way I see it you would basically combine muted/dull colored preppy pieces(Button up,Polo,dull khakis) with solid black pieces in a tasteful manor.

I would imagine that it would look like the wardrobe of someone who is a CEO by day bit doea hardcore BDSM shit by night

ye

Trying to think of better terms. While Rick pieces can work into to vibe calling it rick-prep is limiting.

Just gonna throw some names around. Feel free to contribute your creativity.

Dark-Prep
Alt-Prep

natural selection faggot

Rick and prep are antithetical to eachother... That would be hard as fuck to pull off. It would be like Hobbes having a child with Ayn Rand

That is what would make the combination, if tastefully curated, striking and questioning in a good way.

all clothing looks bad if you're not pretty and fit

monochrome is lazy and i automatically assume you shop at h&m and zara if i see you in basicbitch uniform c.13-16

if it weren't for kanye west more than half of the guys "into" fashion today (including Veeky Forums) wouldn't be into fashion right now

Holding my credit card right now thinking on getting this coat (it is dick owens). Can I work with this somehow in the way you are talking about?

more like asap rocky years agoo

>pic related, reminder

I actually like zara. It's a great way to get good quality reps for a really nice price.

If we are talking the realm of this alt-prep thing I could see this with somewhat slim dull khaki pants and oxfords. Or you could go with a less sneaker like alt/rick pair of shoes/boots.

That being said regardless that piece looks versatile and can go with a lot. Bit long for my tastes though. Make sure it fits you right. Tailor if need be.

agreed, Dick Ovens has some nice jackets but their pants and shoes look like complete garbage

ROG is probably the only worthwhile thread on this board desu

what a worthless "fashion" board, honestly

>Unpopular Opinion Thread
you mean pleb opinion thread

one of us

one of us

one of us

conform or die

Why don't you just wear khaki chinos and a blue checkered shirt if you have no original thoughts in your silly head. You're like the goth kids who conform to the same fashion in order to not conform

Kek why do you do this user?

Dressing too Veeky Forums is worse than not dressing fa at all

This. It's still better than looking fat in a shit fit tho

Black coffee tastes like shit and cigarettes are for morons

>95 replies
>56 posters
wew

SIEG BTFO #2016
Posting im bread

Reminder you should never listen to Veeky Forums what is good or bad

reminder 95% of people posting in wywt threads dress like shit

reminder that people 95% of people posting their faces and hair in hair/face rate threads are below 6/10s

reminder that Veeky Forums is raided by people who think they are Veeky Forums because they have only taken advice from/ and been brainwashed by other Veeky Forumsggots who have as much experience in fashion as themselfs

Reminder Veeky Forums is a place of circle jerking among faggots with equal bad taste, who feed eachother compliments so they can feed their clueless fashion knowledge

I hope v necks never ever come back