What are some Veeky Forums plants to keep indoors? I personally like the white bird of paradise...

What are some Veeky Forums plants to keep indoors? I personally like the white bird of paradise, if it doesn't have too many leaves
>pic related
also, are aquariums/terrariums/vivariums Veeky Forums? if so can you post some designs/ideas that are acceptable?

an user posted this in a room thread and i liked the concept but it could be improved a lot

Most indoor plants look best in a backpack

What does that mean

What does it look like it means?

I saw these in a Japanese lookbook when I was like 6 years old

So dope

Oh i see, like air purified? I hear plants help your room's air but I dont think we can physically tell ourselves if the quality is good?
or that like Asian myth about a specific flower that messes up your room's air somehow so people would sleep with it at night to commit suicide

Cacti are pretty effay imo if you just have one or two in your room or something.

normie-tier plant, come up with something more creative
spider plants look pretty nice on surfaces that are high up so that the leaves hang down to the floor

what is this plant called ?

nvm sorry

if that room were bigger and more densely plantified, i would never leave

i hope it smells like water

I've been looking for this picture for a long time. Ty, user

that looks comfy as fuck desu

I like fatsia japonica.

Also, parlour palm, monstera deliciosa

rly nice

Which one doesnt molt dead leaves much?

Id love this one for a living room, on some corner
just look up "backpack plant" theres more pics of that same person

Grow an avocado from a nut.
They look really simple and cool.

Make a terrarium

fiddle leaf figs are alright, but having plants in a room can throw off the feng shui

the kind you actually remember to water more than once a month

Pardon my autism, but how would one make something like that?

Just search for terrarium/vivarium setup on youtube my dude

youtube is your friend,
these two are aquascape. look it up on google images to see how many different styles they are, its basically just substrate, then some type of plant to make it look like grass, and different plants/rocks with water, it can be fishless or with small fish, but unlike normal aquariums, the fish arent the main object
this is a terrarium, basically a habitat for exotic pets, like snakes, frogs, tarantulas, etc, but just with plants, if you add an animal then its a vivarium (i believe so, correct me if wrong)
this is a paludarium, this means it has land and water elements mixed

these things can be hard to maintain, but thats partially good because it keeps you busy, its a nice hobby and depending on your or your rooms aesthetics, something like this, small or large, may look nice as just visuals

maybe /an/ may help you

Bonsai is an art that is Veeky Forums imo. Learn how to cultivate them and get some decent indoor species, boom, set for life. These Motherfuckers will live longer than your great grandchildren and so on.

aren't terraniums meant to be closed systems

I just bought a monstera root, are they easy to grow?

Is my ivy effay?

plant is nice, but overall
10/10 set up

I dont think thats a specific rule, if you look it up in google images most of them have space to for air flow

How you clean it?

Closed terrariums tend to get foggy/unclean glass

Hey /plant/,

I've got an ivy and it was super healthy and happy but now it's all sad and the leaves are dying, I'm watering when soil is dry and giving it indirect sunlight but it's not getting any better and im distraught.

Any ideas? Would plant food help? I've never used the stuff before but I love this plant

Reasons could be:
>pot too small
>needs more or less sunlight
>not enough water

I'd take it to a nursery and ask, I've never used plant food either

Thanks for the reply and nice trips,

If it gets worse over the next few days I'll probably take it, Two stems have died in like 4 days. Pot is slightly larger than original, water once every two days OR when soil is dry to the touch, and as for sunlight weather here has been pretty temperamental but I don't think that would make it die - these ones need a lot less light than other ivys. thank you user

What plants can I keep if I kill everything? I really like plants but I always overwater them...

Water them less. Retard.

I'm pretty sure its impossible to kill Basil, pic related is my balcony 'garden'

Thank you so much for the help!

I'm actually rooting a Lilac tree branch in to order to start one. Wish me luck!

General consensus is that they propagate very easily. Look up what you need to do to take care of it, and you'll be fine.

Dam, if you're starting from a branch it'll be a cool minute before you see any progress
These are a couple of my trees. These ones are only about 6 or 7 years old, they're still babies. It's alot of patience cultivating them Young, alot of fucking branch training.

beautiful trees

Thanks, I'll try it!

I remember this shit hahaha

Yeah it's okay. Could be better, but I like what he's going far

wow, the tree on the right is amazing.

does your hokusai wall scroll fuck with the feng shui of your pad?

I have a lemon. It's 4-5 years old, and this year was the first one to fruit little lemons. Smells really nice, too.

does putting rocks like this prevent mold growth on the top of the soil? I mistakenly put a plant in a pot with no drainage and it gets moldy if I water it too much (which is like twice a month...)

Marimos duh

>cheap
>low maintenance, just change tap water every week
>QT as fuck

Is it better to buy them online or in person? Do they give you weird looking ones if you get them in Chinatown or someplace?

buy them online, they'll have more selection and anywhere has better quality and seletion than your local petco when it comes to fish and aquatic plants.

this shit is fucking baller yo

That's not a bird of paradise

edgy