Customs and International Shipping

Making this thread just to set things straight. I've googled which stores had customs charged and which ones don't, and I found some threads but they aren't recent.

Post below what stores you bought from, what country they shipped to [you], and how much customs was charged (rough percentage).

I bought from Sneakerboy, shipped to US, and on top of everything DHL charged ~10%

I've never paid customs even receiving in the states, but I've also never had the value declared at anything over $200.

It's not about the stores, it's about the carrier. I've never had any charges with USPS but I've had Fedex hit me a couple times. Keeping the customs declaration under $200 seems to be pretty safe. The limit is supposed to be $800/day now (for EU at least) but I've heard some people still got BS clearance fees. UPS seems to be the worst offender but it happens sometimes with Fedex too. I don't have enough experience with DHL but I recently got a sub-$200 order from Canada without issue.

tl;dr USPS is the best, keep Fedex declarations low and avoid UPS like the plague.

end now no longer charges customs on orders under $700 I believe
would go after that as long as ur not buying Rick or something

I live in mexico and only pay 16% when the item I buy is less than $300 usd.

Why would you want to buy Vetements abroad?

>Only
Holy fuck that.

>I've googled which stores had customs charged
>how much customs was charged (rough percentage).
That's not how it works you dumbass.

Only time I got hit was End clothing in the UK, ordering to US. Happened with a friend too.

In general I stay clear of UK stores. Trash people with a trash selection anyway

How much? I think in the US it has to be over $600 or $700. My acronym jacket was hit and it cost like $95 to fucking fedex.

$250 or something. Customs was fucking $100. I just didn't pay it

DHL has fucking RAPED ME every time I had something shipped through them.

as opposed to not having access to stuff? you'd pay it if you lived there...I know I would lol

DHL is my favorite mail carrier they get everything to me at fucking hyperspeed I've gotten stuff from Japan OVERNIGHT and less than USPS first class lol

DHL is fucking shit. They sent me like 3 msgs today and yeasterday saying they're delivering my shit at the """End of the Day""" and then showing up early in the morning

by the end of the day, fuccboi

Same, their delivery from other countries to USA is always super fast. Never shipped with them though

Just be careful. IIRC mail carriers keep records of who doesn't pay their customs charges, so in the future they just straight up won't deliver anything you get to be shipped through them. At least, that's what I've heard

I've only ordered two things from abroad, a $35 hat from a korean store and a ~$400 coat from the EU. I received both through USPS, and didn't have any customs charges for either.

>tfw australian customs hit me with that $100 import fee for my loewe bag

thats the price for being shitposters desu senpai

IIRC, as of march 2016, obama increased the customs limit from 200 to 800. meaning if your package costs over $800, you'll be paying customs, any less than 800 and you're good
this is for americlap obviously

BASED BROCK

I had to pay $25 customs from Fed Ex from shoes that cost around 80 euros. Couple months later I bought shoes from the same place and they cost 220 euros and I had to pay nearly the same amount in customs, $26. I don't get it, not that I'm complaining but shouldn't I have paid way more for the more expensive shoes??

fuck customs we better get the same thing as the U.S and not get charged for anything under 800, i'd even take 500

Probably no duty, just Fedex's fee to clear customs for you. With that record I'd avoid all stores that only ship with them.

How much was the bag? You only pay customs if the item is over. 1k here. You got cucked by the mail man

was about 108000 yen to like 1.3k aud

VETEMENTS