Keep the party going!

Anime fashion & Veeky Forums-tan thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/effay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yw dork.

So are you going to post it or what?

Anyone here from the socal area? It would be cool to know someone who knows what fashion is.

Jojo is good taste.

Sieg is socal but you don't want to meet him lol!

Should of mention that I am a lonely lolita from socal who wants a fashionable friend to be bitter with and discuss about clothing and coords.

And do you guys ever have meets? Where you all gather together to hang out and meet new people?

they have done Brisbane that imo wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be & the one of the oldfags that happened long ago.

If you meet gulls in pastry shops, where do you find anyone from Veeky Forums?

cont...

Best place is /cgl/ + cons

Omocat, boys. Omocat.

kaworu!

>where do you find anyone from Veeky Forums?
Veeky Forums. Most shop on the internet since malls don't have anything good to offer.

Some posters go to runaways but it's rare.

How was the one in Brisbane and what did ya'll do?

So is there a way you can tell someone is Veeky Forums when just walking down the streets? Whenever I go out in lolita, if someone tells me "I love your coord" or "Is that Angelic Pretty/any other lolita brand?" then I know that they know the fashion and have made some friends right then there like that. Has something similar like that happened to anyone here for your fits?

Why is this thread full of nerds trying to fuck?

>socal area
be more specific

because nothing good happens after 2am

From downtown LA but live in the Inland Empire. Usually I go to la on weekends to walk around so I am between both those areas down here.

>Inland Empire
Which city fellow desert rat?

I have the schoolgirl tee, one time I wore it to the mall and some girls on the level above me yelled that they liked it and I was surprised and just threw them a peace sign wave and ran away. I really like the length on the tees though. really nice for layering.

>Has something similar like that happened to anyone here for your fits?

Yes an no, I made some of my first friends at school over fashion. But in NYC it's not uncommon to see people walking around in Supreme, Gosha, Undercover etc. Everybody's a lot more well kept than at home (Dallas). Even in Paris, LA or Toronto (other cities I've lived in) that's never really made friends over a compliment other than parties, but never on the street.

Living in a metropolitan area it never happens and is very rare. That being said I was back home in Dallas for my mom's birthday and I had gone out with some high school friends and got a couple of (you)s in pic related, but in places like NYC or LA it's not at all uncommon and most people don't approach or acknowledge you other than a head nod or a thumbs up. It just depends on how fashion forward your city is.

All that being said I wouldn't really befriend someone, over someone saying I like your outfit unless it was really wowing me, (especially becuase it's becoming more and more common for guys to take an interest in fashion) the exception being. if it was in a less general setting like stated above (school or party)

From a sad little town next to Riverside. It is horrible out here and it's always so hot. Let me drop my email and maybe we can chat.

Thought I wrote in my email. My bad.

lmfao im IE too
whats good

>a cute seagull will never greentext shitpost at you irl while wearing full techwear
kill me

what do you mean mane? the pic is my snapchat.

>So is there a way you can tell someone is Veeky Forums when just walking down the streets?

Not exactly. But I guess you could if he wore Rick Owens there you would have a 20% chance at least since (that I know of) only Veeky Forums & StyleZeitgeist are big hardcore fans of Rick Owens.

one of the times i knew someone was into fashion like i was when someone complimented me on my vetements hoodie...

in fact, i was at a japanese festival in houston when it happened. i saw all sorts of lolitas, i saw sweet, one oldschool, and a really good gothic lolita. wish i could tell you what dresses they were wearing though.

post it again.

to add, you gotta focus on the pic while in snapchat and it should prompt you to add me.

if that doesnt work for some reason or if you're olschool, my username is

erizv

Why don't you both join the Veeky Forums steam group if you guys have steam or something? Would be better.
steamcommunity.com/groups/effay

We also had a Veeky Forums & /cgl/ Discord during the winterball times. But I forgot that one.

The steam group is dead as fuck.

/cgl/ lolita here. i've been talking to a qt Veeky Forums dude lately. how do i get him to let me fucc him? i'm thirsty for guys with good taste but also shy and he seems vaguely autistic, but a risk worth taking i think.

You can chat 1 on 1 there through thats what I'm saying. Via group or just adding some user to friends.

well, with me, what helps a lot is to drop hints a lot. if he reciprocates then start doing it more and more until he starts straight up sexting you

then when you two hang out hold hands and stuff, then just continually do more and more touchy stuff, you gotta COAX him into it.

talk about his favorite stuff and get into his hobby maybe

eye contact is sexy

Threesome with a pretty thin fashionable guy convinces me every time but then again I'm a bisexual fuccboi that always tops.

Yeah. We've been flirting and stuff, but I haven't made a strong move because to me it seems like he's not opposed to it, but maybe motivated by boredom more than interest.

Hard to tell if that's just how he is or if I'm doing something wrong.

Just be more lewd.

Are you interested in only fuccing him or do you want a real relationship with this dude?

So both the stream group and discord are dead?

Yeah dude. It fucking sucks. Veeky Forums really lacks a community. Shit, I've seen a more tight knit community from fucking /r/mfa.

P-People still check the discussion tabs on the steam.

Yeah everything is dead as fuck this ain't 2010 or 2012. No more effay tinychats either.

Just fucc. I know him enough now that I know a relationship would be a train wreck but hes cute and I want to use him for cute instagram photos desu. We have similar sexual tastes too which I've never encountered before.

>no prep

fucking gay

Prep is not fashion.

If he's like me, he's just trying to seem like it's not a big deal.

My dream girl dropped all the hints: the awkwardly long, intense eye contact, adjusting my collars, referring to me with uncomfortably cute nicknames, she even seemed to put emphasis on agreeing with my views as well as hating everything I hated. Even cheesy stuff like raising eyebrows and winking at each other.

Being the autist I am, I practically dismissed her the entire time, and probably made it seem like I was flirting ironically.

It's best to just honestly ask him to go somewhere with you with just the two of you.

Hahahaha

Please don't lead him on to thinking you want anything more though. Unless you feel like fuckin him up for whatever reason

But yeah, be more lewd. If he's a shyboi like me just lead him into it, and he'll follow along

neither is degenerate-core

snapfam is not TOO dead, lots of people are doing interesting stuff currently on it

Prep is for normalfags that think everything ´not normal´ is ´degenerate´ or {gay}. It has no fashion vision, prep a shit.

choose your next words carefully persian

Persian?

Persian? Do you mean peasant?
Prep is for peasants. Avant garde is expensive.

> Unless you feel like fuckin him up for whatever reason

i-i-i would never,,,,

thanks you two lol. i'll try my best. i mean worst case scenario i'll just seem like a weirdo and it won't happen, but it's not happening currently anyways so I guess it's not a loss if we end up disconnecting. Best case is well, you know.

Usually with guys I'm trying to get onto (or if we want to be more accurate, into) I just get really suffocatingly nice. Motherly, I guess? Lots of pet names and supporting, checking if they're okay, pampering their ego, ect ect. I guess I've been holding off because he's local and I'd be embarrassed to bump into him later on if he found that to be suffocating or whatever. Worth a shot though, if you shybois are all the same. I guess I just figured he's probably not lonely enough to buy into that shit, so I tried being more lax. Guess I just need to make him feel more secure/comfortable around me, or whatever. IDK what boys like.

>mfw i feel like a sociopath explaining this, i swear i'm not i'm just a bad flirt and overthink things

Why Asuka is so perfect, bros?

Moot pls go.

You are kinda making yourself seem fake and internally a mean person...... But if you were doing this to me I'd eat that shit up, so whatevs

I personally do like that kind of stuff, I do like clingy girls. A LOT of other guys don't, though, so it is prolly best to back off a little.

Honestly, touching is the way to go, and just making him think about you a lot works. All the girls I talk to (that ended up being fwb) knew I have a huge leg fetish, and whenever they randomly send me leg pics it drives me absolutely crazy. They stay in my mind forever and I sometimes lose myself and just straight up ask to do it... I'd suggest doing the same with him. Find out what he likes and just subtly entice him. Girls did it with me like 'hey check out my socks!!!' But >shows entire leg
Gotta be a little subtle but enough to let him know what's up.

>legs
what a vanilla dork
not going further. You almost had the best fetish even above bondage, bondage is tier 2 through.

Hey if the product sells ;9

Yeah I'll try to send more pics. I'm touchy in general in person with even just friends anyways so it's not really a problem.

Legs are just the most sexy body part of women to me. I never even mentioned my other fetishes though. I do like bondage.

Feet are the best. C'mon everyone knows this.

best fetishes are
Veeky Forums: bondage with black leather, being bisexual or gay.
corporeal: feet, armpits, female small tits, licking skinny boy nipples, collarbones, ribs, hipbones and dicks.

If don't know better: Yami Yugi represents all superior taste fetishes all-around.

Sorry, can't like feet.

Well, I am straight but I literally like everything on that list, its honestly my ideal. But still, something about cute legs just makes me go crazy, but I also do love collarbones, licking in general etc etc

down in culver city if you wanna meet up, senpai~

On that note, I'm going to sleep, might wake up in a few hours anyways

Goodnight everyone, have a nice day, stay hydrated and eat cute pastries

>straight
You will never transcend to avant garde sex like that. Takes time I was too but then you realize that more dicks makes everything better.

Bi is the master race if you want to be a Veeky Forumsshionable dominatrix dude, just like in the dreams of Hedi Slimane.

being bisexual is a fetish?

No but it's the Veeky Forumsest sexuality because it doesn't gives a shit, it fugs what it would like to fug.

Same mentality as wearing what you like and doing it nicely. Which is the apex Veeky Forums mentality.

Stop.

You're confusing Bisexual with Pansexual.

Pansexuals are hipster bisexuals that wanted their own special sekret dork club.

LA is most effay American city. The 'meets' are gallery opens and kool kid gigs.

the guys who run various small fires fuck with Bless and shit. or hang around 365 mission, an art book store.

outside of hypebeast fuckboys, fashion is a background thing. Most people don't actually discuss it online forums, and the kind of person who carries "being into fashion" as a mark of their identity don't know how to dress. In other words, it's pretty lame to walk up to someone and tell them their clothes are cool

the only exception is if they're wearing iconic designer pieces from old shows ("archival") because then that means the both of you are well-informed in high fashion, much more of a niche interest that's a rarer connection than just having good style sense. or more genuinely good taste and hard to obtain (not just shit you heard the internet hype) niche labels, like cosmic wonder or the afore mentioned Bless or I guess artisanal labels count like harnden though I don't really fuck with them.

on the other hand, if someone's wearing an iconic, contemporary high fash piece, like rick owens' shoes or a vetement top, you wouldn't say anything, not about his clothes or anything else because you wouldn't want to be seen talking to such a tryhard loser

It will probably seem like I'm beating a dead horse, but how are replicas viewed in Veeky Forums? Lolitas have some mixed feelings about the subject. Apologies in advance if this too much of an obvious question, I'm just interested in talking to you guys...

Also, anyone from London?

alixpress is used a lot on Veeky Forums. Some people think it's low and bad others don't give a fuck.

Almost everyone hates replicas here. It helping destroy the industry and it creates a shitload of pollution. I've discussed this in a thread before, I think you can find it on warosou idk how to spell jt

Replicas are only supplied for fuckboy hyped shit, at that point it really doesn't matter. If they made replicas of decent label's stuff, then it'd be a more complicated question

imo I'd approve of that situation if it happened on a large scale. For example, Zara getting somehow past copyright laws and being allowed to do direct copies of runway pieces, rather than being forced to make arbitrary, tasteless adjustments to avoid litigation

I think it would undermine the cancerous fuckboy mentality (wearing clothes for signal value instead of curating any developed aesthetic sensibility) which has sunk its claws into rtw. the signal value of an expensive, hyped piece is lost when everyone assumes you just got the easily available $50 "1:1" rip, forcing them to refine their hype towards a more personal sense of luxury, like the quality fetishism of visvim fanboys

In general, I think clinging to authorship is regressive cancer so the ethical appeals against copying doesn't move me

I'm a cosplayer and also wear otome kei, but I have 0 fashion sense apart from that. Some Veeky Forums clothes are cool. I saw a really Veeky Forums guy on the street the other day and I thought he was super cute and felt bad with myself because out of otome I just wear boring normie clothes. ;c

FULL YOHJI

Interesting. There's definetly different ideas of what is acceptable and what isn't. In lolita, print replicas are the most looked down upon, as it is considered to be art theft. That being said, shoes and bags replicas are generally fine, as some consider the designs to be 'basic', although they still cause some debate.

Print replicas are popular among people whose measurements don't fit the original brand(some of the most popular brands only do one size), or if it is a particularly expensive and rare piece. There are other reasons too I'm sure. Are these some of the reasons some of you go to replicas instead?

Stop posting yugi oh
No it's not NYC is more creative and FA La just follows trends and is spoon fed there's no creativity

The pink Raf Simmons shoes that are basically an Stan Smith with an R on the side are some shoes I would buy as replicas. They're not worth the full price and the fakes are a 1:1 copy, same mats, same everything.

I just don't understand the idea behind "art theft".

Why should someone creating a pattern preclude everyone else from producing it? The argument is usually just that then it wouldn't incentivize anyone to create new patterns, but that's hardly realistic.

Firstly, the original author would still be rewarded in sales by being the first to produce the pattern, so regardless of protection, it is exclusive for a time. But more importantly, do you really think they produced the pattern just to make money being the sole seller of it? It's almost always just because they had a vision and found that the existing tools weren't enough to achieve it, so they had to invent something new.

So why should others be precluded from following their own vision because of some arbirtrary ethic of attributing proper authorship? Any use of the tools, patterns, methods, history predating the 20th century are unjustly 'stealing' other's work likewise.

To me it's just a warped mentality. The only line drawn between someone ripping off existing work (like Jacob Hetzer) and someone heavily appropriating or citing (everyone else) is just if they do it poorly, with no insight, in other words, if they're a hack or not.

Hey that's a good argument there man

If fakes really stop designers from making pieces, then those designers shouldn't be making fashion in the first place.

A designer only makes fashion as an art, and not solely as a means to make money. If they only design to make money, they'd be only following trends and making safe and boring designs... Something that is inherently bad for fashion in the first place.

Fashion isn't like videogames, as fashion is an art and designers use it specifically to express themselves and provide a means for us to express ourselves and have fun with fashion.

>inb4 videogames are art

Also, I still feel like buying real is much better than fakes... But I understand it's hard for people to do so

Yea I mean for all the big talk, I've never fucked with fakes and probably won't ever. There's no reason for anyone to 2bh, even if you're poorfag, great clothes can be found thrifting. Replicas are for tasteless posers.

Using fashion to join a tribe and make friends is as criminal as using it to make money, imo wearing clothes is an art in the same way as producing it, though probably more closer to curation.

Another facet is military replicas (opposed to surplus). I'm not that familar with mil scene but I think it's pretty common practice

I feel you, sometimes I contemplate whether or not I should cop fakes... But I realize that shit is lame and it's mainly for people who trend hop. I enjoy taking my time with fashion and fakes have so many subtle differences in fit and finish that drive me crazy- I'm really particular in things I have a passion for. I also just like to thrift.

Anyways, I think we can both agree on one thing. >tfw no qt lolita gf

>tfw no yy cosplay gf

What is that kimono thing with the red bits on it? Where can I purchase it?

Most replica sellers actually don't know much but the fashion, and absolutely rip off the design and the print of a dress, because money. A lot of them have mediocre quality, as the fabric and lace don't match up to brand standards, and the print is usually not as clear cut. Prints are huge sellers.

Lolita very much runs on inspiration from brands, and inspired pieces are everywhere- that is fine overall.

Brands also use safe designs every year (chocolate, berries, crosses in prints at least once a year), so I mean, it's a bit more complex than just making art

....now I wish I really had a Veeky Forums bf, to discuss shit like this with

>mfw guys tell me they feel too emasculated when talking about fashion

Why

Hanten jacket. it's a padded winter jacket that normally goes over a kimono.

dk any good sellers but was thinking about getting one for around the house when the cold rolls around again

>mfw guys tell me they feel too emasculated when talking about fashion
they might mean it in the sense that you know more than them on the subject.

Thanks, really need to track one of these down now

They mostly mean that they don't want to pass off as camp or gay or whatever

It is a bit more complex, you're right, because there is a marketing aspect involved as well. I feel like having a balance of innovation and inspiration is pretty crucial. But having a totally outlandish piece is usually what happens on runways

>berries
Ugh so cute ;_;

Also a lot of guys don't like talking about fashion because it seems feminine... Which I think is annoying as fuck, what's so bad about caring about how you look? I'd rather have a passion in something than have no hobbies at all (I have many hobbies), and what's so bad about sharing feminine characteristics? Masculinity is annoying as fuck.

They won't even talk about it? Imo, I respect people who understand fashion on a critical level, otherwise I'm not really interested in its discussion.

>Masculinity is annoying as fuck
I disagree, masculinity's underrated.

"Masculinity" is stupid as fuck. All the "real men" crowd of males in the real world are the stupidest people you will find in life they spend all their time looking at beard memes in reddit.