/TBG/ THOM BROWNE GENERAL

alright lads, lets talk thom.

recently bought a second hand shirt off of grailed and have been thinking about what to buy later on off of ssense.

anyone have any casual thom inspo?

kids size TNSIL on grown ass man

okay

what the fuck is this thread lol. I like thom browne alot but would never buy anything from the brand other than the shoes

>that piping

I had a really big infatuation with thom in my preppy days, still have a pair of pants that are gorgeous. I just can't really bring myself to dress that way, moved on to less formal and more comfortable styles. Pants just sit in my closet now.

used to love his stuff, but his quality has been slipping lately

no idea why, I thought and had heard his label was doing extremely well

only the black fleece stuff tanked

Snatching up Black Fleece gear on clearance was a glorious day.

sell me if you're a size 1/0

does he makes runway pieces available? they're the only reason i follow the guy

nobody on this board can afford thom

you should rename this thread: autism general
:)

tf thoms not even expensive dont fib yourself

This. Outrageously overpriced and would never buy anything from him except the shoes (or you could just get Tricker's or Aldens for literally half the price)

The shoes are comissioned to Sanders iirc, you may as well go to them. The only difference as far as i can tell is that TB logo on the back

Correction, "pull tab"

Also the few flourishes with his signature tricolor stripes but otherwise the same

FW15 was quite breathtaking, when Thom gets it right he really does it right.

My favourite thing in fashion is when people say things are "overpriced"

Like, to whom?

Not everyone has the same amount of money and/or considers a $5k TB suit to be overpriced.

Consider this: everything in fashion is overpriced. And don't give me that shit about "muh materials/craftmanship"

meme much? seriously hate you fags that talk about "fashun" and literally only lust for the most obviously branded intro level luxury items

~$300 shirts and ~2.5k suits are barely over-priced in luxury fashion market

just because your tween boy allowance can't afford, doesn't mean its overpriced.

>overpriced
There's no such thing as overpriced. Things are priced at whatever the seller thinks will net him the most profit. Thom Browne's intellectual property allows seller to set a high price. If you can't afford it or don't like it, that's fine, but "overpricing" just sounds like rationalizing that you can't afford it.

It's not that I can't afford, but it's just that I think the price is too too higher compared to the quality of the clothes.

>dress shirt €400
For that price, I could get a shirt from any non-fashion label or bespoke.
>shoes €1000
I'd rather buy John Lobb than essentially rebranded Sanders.
>cardigan €2000
Even Loro Piana is cheaper.
>mainline MTM suits $2200-10000
Would rather buy bespoke.

I know you're partly paying for his "vision" and "design", but I just don't think the price is justified since I could get better quality for less. I couldn't even go to work wearing his suit like it was intended because I'd be laughed out of the office.

tb not really meant to wear at work unless you're in a creative field, not shit fag.

"fashion" is about the vision and design and image, how would you expect mass produced to top quality of bespoke?

I agree with the cardigans being overpriced, but the suit and cut is well worth it.

to the market