Don't EVER by a pair of Doc Martin's under any circumstance unless you like throwing a hundred dollars away...

Don't EVER by a pair of Doc Martin's under any circumstance unless you like throwing a hundred dollars away. I bought these boots three weeks ago to wear at work and now they look like I've been wearing them for ten years or pulled them off the feet of a diseased homeless man. The stitches turned white too which is one of the dumbest clothing related things I've ever heard in my entire life. They are actually pretty comfy but a pain to take off and put on.

that's what you get for buying docs

Treat them before you wear them

Lesson learned and I'll never make this mistake again.

Meaning?

change the lacing...

nothing in this case
your qualms are with the stitching losing their dye, not the quality of the leather which coincidentally also aren't great

buy solovair next time, had mine for 5 years and they only broke cause i didn't treat them right and wore them daily for a year

Learn to polish.
Its almost like you don't know how to look after boots

it's almost like you can't read

wtf are you talking about also clean your fucking car

>Buying anything other than their made in England boots

You did this to yourself you dumb fuck. Everything else that they make, other than their made in England boots, are cheap Chinese shit. You always make sure to check the soles for the MADE IN ENGLAND marking.

Fucking pleb

Bud, you bought the cheap-ass converse looking docs, of course they're going to suck.

Also, learn to polish and put that balm shit on them. And you shouldn't wear the same pair of leather shoes everyday, so if you're doing that, that's accelerating them turning shitty

And where are you working that you bought those for work?

lmao i bought those and they lasted me a year, but I actually took care of them

>look for the made in England stamp on sole
> "Oh good it's there"
>look on tongue
>Made in China
> "Lol, of course"

as far as I know, if it's not a hiking boot, a military boot, or high quality formal leather boot, it's not worth buying

Are you sure you didn't buy counterfeit docs? Mine have the Made in England stamp on both the sole and the inside of the tongue.

I own both 1460 and 1461 mono Docs and am very happy with them, desu. They look good and are comfortable, inexpensive and durable.

I bought it off zappos so no doubt.
Might also explain why mine are so fucking uncomfortable but i bought the "paratrooper" style boot. plus I never wear them so they are not even remotely broken in.

anyone have a pair of these? really tempted to buy these but am not sure if i should of not...

I don't know what you do for work but doc martins are def not work boots

kek

Doc Martens are some of the worst boots you can buy. The leather is fucking dreadful, its embarrassing when the black plastic coating starts to peel and reveals the horrible grey leather underneath.

Seriously can't believe so many people buy such horrible shoes, goes to show how ignorant the average person is these days when it comes to quality

Any suggestions for 1460 alternatives besides Solovair? Also slimmer silhouette would be a plus

ive had my docs for almost a year now and they look fine dude hahaha what the fuck are you walking in. they do suck to put on and take off though

The truth is, cheap boots from Walmart are better quality than Docs. I don't know why $40 boots are better than $100 boots but somehow in this case they are.

Also my last pair of "boots" were Paladiums and they held up for six months before they started looking bad. After 8 months they were completely ripped apart but they only cost $60 and look pretty good. I also didn't treat them or alternate. I wore them for 8 to 16 hours a day.

doc martens are a scam. tumblr the boot. whenever I see a guy wearing the boots I assume he's gay. If he's wearing the derbys I assume he's a poorfag trying to be edgy. girls get a pass on the derbys if they're cute, if she's wearing the boots, into the trash

you sound insecure

are you offended? I'm sorry if you're offended

kek

Pretty much this, essential SJW/tumblr starter pack

your first pleb move was not getting monos or made in england versions
consider this a reward

Zappos is amazon yes? there's still a chance that they're counterfeit. I found a seller on Amazon, selling "fulfilled by Amazon" Jordan 11 72-10s for retail price and they were obviously fugazi.

Buy deadstock made in England ones next time

Are there any models which are exclusively made in England? Last pair I looked at was madr in China shit

And I don't mean the current made in England ones, for anyone who is a fuckwit and doesn't understand the deadstock part.

They look perfectly ok to me, put some wonder balsam on them and they will be fine. Shoes looks way better when they are a bit trashed, dirty and broken. Stop being a pussy about your shoes.

autism-core

Idk what your problem is mate but I've had a pair of 1460 boots for about 5 years and the only thing with damage is the sole. I've worked in them in auto shops, woods shops, outdoors etc and the leather still looks good as new. Maybe its because you got the girly sneaker boots. My sister has those same ones and it has some dye from the strings or some shit.

Those are acnes though not docs.

tfw I just copd the chelseas

me too for 40 usd

40 usd new? where from

why do they fit so fucking tight

i went tts and they were too narrow wth. id size up but then theyd be too long and look like elf boots

Dafuq. Even my asos derbies survived for 2 years and those were my beaters

>buy chinese clown shoes
>get upset when the quality is shit
Hey, at least you have an excuse to stop wearing your meme clownshoes!

why would anyone buy a doc that isn't 1460 or 1461 ?

>Buys boots for work
>Cries about boots getting scuffed.

Grow up, retarded pussy.

>work in retail
>have worn my 1461s every work day past 8 months (8 hour shifts on feet constantly + travel)
>fit incredibly comfortably and no noticeable deterioration apart from scuffs i have made from kicking into edged things

idk man, i think you just copped a really bad quality and ugly model.

Have these on oxblood. One of my favorite pairs of shoes, dunno why people shit on them here.

you can buy them for 200 on the docs website or be smart like me and sell your made in china mistake to someone else and buy made in england vintage ones on ebay for a steal

please respond