Is this Veeky Forumsshionable?

is this Veeky Forumsshionable?

i prefer pourovers but yea being a barista at a 3rd wave shop is p effay.

Hahahahaha please

Frankie Boyle-core

Hip Silicon Valley dad-core

Inner city libcuck tier

He's dressed better than Frankie Boyle.

Hipster is out.

why the fuck would you pay for someone to make you a cup of aeropress coffee?

the fuck?

i understand espresso and espresso drinks because not everyone wants to buy a decent 9 bar espresso machine for $1,000+ and also there is a fair bit of technique necessary in making some espresso drinks

i can even understand diner-tier batch brew because it's like 1 dollar for a cup and sometimes you just want a cup of coffee with your meal.

okay, but going to a cafe to get a cup of AEROPRESS?

an aeropress costs like $10. just buy an aeropress and some decent coffee and make your own aeropress cup.

an aeropress is what you, the individual consumer, buy because you want to be able to make pseudo-espresso at home but don't want to buy an expensive espresso machine. but at a professional cafe? that's like buying a honda accord and entering it into the indy 500.

i don't understand the customer who walks into a barista bar and orders a cup of aeropress. i bet it was like $3.50 too smdh

NO! it seriously fucking isnt. It's so fucking horrible. It's this cancerous aesthetic generated by faggots who grew up in the suburbs with delusional and warped images of "moving the the BIG TSZITAYY"
If this is what has become mainstream through an organic process in america, i want out.
Hillary is going to be president... these people are considered cool. Im leaving.
fuck this place and fuck these people.

> not understanding what baristas do
> not understanding why people go to coffee shops

oh no a guy has a beard america is BURNING DOWN

Fuck aeropress in general. It's a fucking meme way of making coffee. Ya know why the great coffee makers of America didn't invent the aeropress? Because they only did non shit methods of brewing. Fuck aeropress and anyone who thinks its a superior brewing process.

or maybe it's just one additional way of brewing coffee, bringing out slightly different notes in the beans - wouldn't want to put a nice south american through a v60

i am a barista.

and yes, people go to coffee shops for all sorts of reasons, social or otherwise.

that doesn't change the fact that everything that's good about aeropress coffee is even better in an espresso.

don't get me wrong, an aeropress makes a decent cup of coffee--in the context of home use.

just like i eat frozen entrees at home, because with all of the flash-freezing methods there are now, they're actually pretty decent. but i don't go to a restaurant and order the stoffer's mac and cheese.

>Excuse me, but is this your beard hair in my coffee?

maybe we use the areopress very differently, but i wouldn't really compare it with espresso.

it's filter coffee, and for me it's basically a nicer french press with a little less body and mess.

i guess you could still question why people buy (hand) filter coffee outside their house. it doesn't really make sense unless you go to shops that actually know wtf they're doing, otherwise you just get overpriced shit coffee.

i simply make the comparison because both methods use pressure to assist the extraction of the coffee's oils, which is something you don't really get in other filter methods.

they're both 'pressurized' brewing, although the aeropress builds nowhere near the kind of pressure an espresso machine does. i'd bet it would explode long before it reached that kind of pressurization.

anyway, i essentially agree with your last line. even pour-over--if you get a temperature regulated kettle and good coffee beans, chances are you can make a better cup of pour-over at home

ah, i see what you mean, i always assumed the bulk of the extraction happens during immersion and not when pressure is applied, as opposed to espresso.

and yeah, it's ridiculous how sloppily pour-over is handled in most places.

amen. waste of coffee. also: can't even spend 10 bucks more to get a cheap mokka

>i always assumed the bulk of the extraction happens during immersion and not when pressure is applied, as opposed to espresso.

you'd be correct in that assumption. but pressure does play a bit more of a role in something like an aeropress as compared to a traditional french press, for example.

ive been using an aeropress and v60 pourover (when i want more than one cup) for a while but i want to move on to espressos would a gaggia classic be worth buying or should i just keep going to a local cafe?

How was your shift at Starbucks?