/skin/

Skincare General

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
youtube.com/watch?v=05_Xft9nggU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUMP

Is there any way to stop my skin from scarring so easily?

Also, I the FAQ says I can use body sunscreen on my face, but I was wondering if there were any decent body-specific sunscreens.

*I know

i wish i knew senpai

Anybody here used bp cream before? I read up on it and just bought a tube and I'm still skeptical about putting it on my face

Is dove a meme soap?

what percent is it?
don't use it on your face. it's fine for your body.

Is there anything I can do to stop razor rash and acne when I shave? I've just turned 18 and I still have acne which it seems like I'm gonna get on accutane for, but I can't grow a beard even though my hair grows fast into a stubbly neckbeard now so I need to shave.
Also anyone tried alum blocks??

Do you guys pluck the hair that grows on the knuckles of your toes?

what to do with tiny hairs on the nose and black spots on the nose as well?

Yea I just shave it off because it looks ugly

blimp

Where can I get a decent soap for my face?

Vitamin A is good for making your body repair your skin better. Tomatoes have vitamin A for example. Moisturizer would make your skin less prone to damage.

Any recs for body lotion?
Ideally with cocoa.

will salicylic acid decrease the size of my pores?

Someone tell me about "CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion PM"

is it good?

p sure if you pluck them, the follicle will be fucked, and they won't grow back eventually, or they'll just grow back slower or some shit like that.

the black spots on your nose are most likely sebaceous filaments, you can't do much about those without a visit to the dermatologist

The tiny hairs are likely peach fuzz, which everyone has to some degree. The black spots could be either blackheads or sebaceous filaments. You can't eliminate sebaceous filaments, but you can minimize their appearance temporarily by using the Fifty Shades of Snail technique: fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

If I put a bullet through my head will my acne stop?

will RETIN-A help with my sundamaged skin? I think the sun burnt all the way through my nose. beyond repair. still have hyperpigmentation on cheeks

Literally every product I've tried has made my acne worse. Even soap and water. I only have moderate acne if i leave my skin alone, but products can make me pretty red and irritated

Food,mostly milk and pizza/trash food,fucks up my skin,will this ever stop?

Sensitive skin
Don't put hand soap on your face
Look for products marked sensitive skin and go as lightly on them as possible. Most people over wash and over cleanse avoid that.

I used it when I was in middle school, it's okay as long as you moisturize and don't get a high percentage.

The sticky says Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, and Aquanil Cleanser are good. I use CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser and have seen improvements from when I used their other face soap.

I just use CeraVe's moisturizing lotion that comes in the pump bottle. I've also heard good things about the kind that comes in the jar.

Do you moisturize properly? My skin gets like that when I don't moisturize for a few days.

Nope. You have to eat good food to have good skin.

Thanks, I'll try the vitamin A since I already moisturize.

Bump

>milk
>pizza

Both include dairy which has been linked to outbreaks. Have you tried lowering your dairy intake?

this. eat less dairy senpai

You will have acne in the afterlife.

The ride never ends

What do you use for cleaning the body in the shower?

>Shower glove
>Sponge
>Electric brush

?? Wish is the best

Pic related and just lather up my hands and wash myself. I have to exfoliate separately, though.

What do you do right now?

>getting rid of dark eye circles
the most eastethic meme fashion sigh

What's wrong with me? Any advice? I went to see some dermatologist and she gave some cream but it's only gotten worse

Help me, Veeky Forumsggots. I don't get pimples anymore, but I have this sort of rough texture to my skin on the forehead and temples around the hairline (feels kind of sandpaper-ish). Is there anything I can do to get rid of that shit?

>Try to pop a pimple that looks ready to go
>Blood appears underneath and the red stain under the skin never completely goes away

>Leave a pustule alone
>It sinks back in eventually and the pink never goes away

How do you win

what exactly is the problem here? redness?

use a moisturizer to make your skin soft and supple again. use an exfoliator like clay masks or something to get rid of old skin.

have you tried popping like it says in the faq? using a needle + extractor? pimples should be easy to get out unless they're cystic

>the red stain never goes away

do you mean postinflammatory hyper-pigmentation? takes months to fade. use sunscreen

>what exactly is the problem here? redness?
Yes, right below my lips, it's maddening. I have a shit diet and I'm already making changes, will that help? I've never taken care of my skin but I'm doing it now

Anyone ever have dark spots grow around the mouth ? They get dry, itchy, and irritated if I leave them alone without moisturizing the area

Ive had it for about the past two years or so, the spots come and go and I seem to get it around summer time so I have a hunch it might be related to the sun but I cant be sure

I generally eat healthy and Veeky Forums so I wonder why I get this. I plan on seeing a derm if it gets worse but for now its something I can handle though it does make me more self conscious at times, just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience with this

Thanks user, and no I hadn't yet looked at that section of the faq. I wrote it all down for later to keep in mind, I'm tired of screwing my face up.

>smooth skin starting to feel rough, dry and getting fine lines

What's a good product for this problem? I'm already using Dove moisture soap. Should I get a moisturizing lotion? What's a good one that won't make you kys in this summer because of the heat and humidty?

R E T I N - A
and moisturizer & sunscreen

use a face wash.

recommend a product? I've used exfoliators before and they were too harsh

something gentle. what country do you live in?

SE Asia

Can you get products in from S. Korea and Japan easily in your country? If so then that's great

Yes
it stinks like crap and feels exactly like soap

What are some recommended products for Eurofags? None of the Wiki's products are available in the EU.

What products though?

/r/asianbeauty

just choose a gentle low ph cleanser

how do I get rid of blackheads on my nose? pic related, sorry for the closeup. my nose gets pretty oily but the rest of my skin gets dry as well. the skin in the crease of the nose gets red as may be able to see.

>nearly 3 months of Vitamin C serum/AHA/kojic soap erry day
>STILL have PIH
>just got my first pimple in a month today (which means more PIH)

WHAT TJHNE JITLGAJIBNFAKSLNPF

i know your pain, user. you'll get better in the end :)

>Be 19
>Have no spots whatsoever

PIH is really hard to treat like that
see a derm and laser it
use sunscreen until then

faggot

exfoliate and use a cleanser , use cleanser 2 times p per day if your forehead is oily dont moisturize

DOVE SOAP IS THE KEY
IT'S SO IMPORTANT FOR THE CULTURE

youtube.com/watch?v=05_Xft9nggU

lol

Reposting some information about postinflammatory hyperpigmentation & erythema:

Postinflammatory = A condition that arises after an inflammation (often in a certain area). The damage is often generally caused by the past inflammation. Inflammatory acne, when you get red/swollen/painful pimples, is a common cause for postinflammatory skincare conditions.

PIH = Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation means that there is a local excess of skin pigments (melanin). Pigmented spots have a dark brown color. The dark spots can last for weeks to years.

PIE = Postinflammatory erythema. Erythema is redness of the skin. The redness is generally caused by tiny superficial blood vessels that for some reason have been dilated or have gotten an increased blood flow. PIE are the red spots you get after acne. After inflammatory acne, the skin can be excessively red in some spots for weeks - up to years.

---
If you have any of them:
Protect your skin from sun damage using a +50 SPF sunscreen (with UVA protection: +3/5 stars). This is especially important for PIH. Both issues will fade in time (months, years), to some extent, if you do not irritate the area through more acne or sun exposure.

If you have PIH:
Your treatments options depend mainly on how much your skin has been pigmented, and the depth of the pigmentation. For superficial pigmentation, you'll might be able to make your spots brighter by applying things like hydroquinone, vitamin C serums, and retinoids.
For deeper pigmentation, try pulsed dye laser, chemical peels, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.

If you have PIE:
Time + sunscreen will fade it.
For more active treatments: consider silicone sheeting, pulsed dye laser, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.

What soap should I get for my face?

I have a very oily nose with a lot of blackheads, which I usually clean with a comedone extractor. I also have one or two whitehead on my chin or forehead at any given time. I've been washing my face with hot water once a day in the shower and popping pimples with an extractor. Sometimes I'll use Clean & Clear Advantage when one gets really bad (2% Salicylic acid).

I eat ok food and drink plenty of water.

>30% of pimples are those which will pop, fade away, and be harmless
>20% are too small to pop, but will also fade with time
>20% are cysts far beneath the skin which are horribly painful and if I even try to pop them, they end up bleeding clear liquid and scabbing and not improving
>15% are the kind of whiteheads that pop like they're supposed to but leave a spot of blood after that scabs ugly
>15% look like one type but are in fact another

i wanted to see a dermatologist, i had to miss my appointment and now they refuse to schedule me for a new one
just kill me tbqh

oh I forgot the sebaceous filaments and PIE

Try using a better razor and only shaving with the grain. Also make sure your face is moisturized.

I like Cetaphil, cheap and easy

No but will hella dry out your skin

Its dry, use a moisturizer

My cum

Your face

It's free

It works

Let me know

I'd like to bathe in your urine

its good

It's a facebook pic you retard

Have you tried some chemical peeling? I got quite good at popping through the years and kept my skin relatively clean, but these
>20% are cysts far beneath the skin which are horribly painful and if I even try to pop them, they end up bleeding clear liquid and scabbing and not improving
still fucked my skin up. Hadn't had any since I use a AHA peeling.

frankly I need to see a doctor since I'm 20 and I shouldn't have any of these problems still, but I'll give that a look

Anyone?

21 here. Should have probably seen a doctor in the past as well but cleanser + peeling works for me.

>been awake for E3 with only 4 hours total sleep since Saturday morning
>glued to my PC eating and drinking rubbish and living in my own filth shitposting on [spoiler]/v/[/spoiler]
>Finally go for a shower just now look in the mirror
>my usual reddish eyes and bags that would normally be under my eyes are significantly reduced

??? literally what the fuck is going on? shouldn't the opposite have happened? anyone got an explanation?

Is BP any good for scars?

how do you get rid of acne scars?

Left was 11 months ago
Right was about a week ago.
Where did I go so wrong Veeky Forums?

age?

19 to 20. During that span I dropped about 40 pounds(I think)

diet? during weight loss? that's odd

Exact same diet except with less portions and liters of water everyday. It's ironic that the fat version who did nothing but play video games and tanned all day has better skin who exercises and cares for himself.

no idea, that's really odd.

I think it's just a natural part of your aging process. You skin is becoming more oily as a result of puberty, you shouldn't blame yourself or diet as this is independent of agency.

You should look into a salicylic acid or retinol treatment, and if nothing else works go to a dermotologist and consider getting accutane if that shit is still legal.

how do i contact u not on Veeky Forums friend

I use a retinol moisturizer which I suspect isn't helping me as much as it could because it's a cream (I'm acne prone) and a combination product. Can anyone recommend a retinaldehyde product?

I also have keratosis pilaris on my thighs. I do exfoliate them but it clearly isn't enough. Any tips?

sthlm
at
tuta.io

whats the difference btw the PM lotions and the normal cerave tub of moisturizer?

What do I do about my nose? Sometime about 4 years ago it got really red and swollen, and a year or so ago I had a septoplasty surgery done, making my nose further swollen. Now it's red on occasion, and in some lighting (i.e. the sun) it looks really bright red. I'm wondering if it's rosacea. To make things worse, I also have a busted blood vessel on the side of my nose. How can I reduce the swelling/help rosacea should that be the cause?

use light makeup
+
see a doctor instead of asking Veeky Forums

Bump

Puberty at 20?

blimp

Does anyone have folliculitis? Those red, painful pimples situated only on your scalp? Fuck are they difficult to get rid off =\

not with accutane

I'm not sure about Cerave in particular, but most PM creams are thicker and shinier than regular lotion because they're meant to be worn when you're already home for the evening or while you're asleep. Don't get PM stuff unless you're using it in those circumstances, it is not a mistake you want to make.

So you've experienced this with before accutane and it went away once youve started using it?

people here talk so good about accutane but i'm so scared