Does being Veeky Forumsshionable actually make you attractive to girls?

Does being Veeky Forumsshionable actually make you attractive to girls?

can we have some mirin stories

who is she

no real story but yes when you wear something cool as fuck you tend to feel pretty fucking confident and girls(usually tumblarina types) mire for sure.

you can tell they are interested in you from eye contact and maybe a smile but you quickly remember deep down you are still autistic so actually talking to them is the complicated part.

i feel this so much dude

copped geos from the ssense sale and was confident enough to ask a qt from uni to hang out

girl here yes it makes you look like you've got your shit together. Women who know how to dress usually attract more men too. It goes both ways

post feet

Grill here and no, not necessarily. If you don't have a 10/10 personality I might dig your style but that's as far as it goes. My bf of 4 and a half years wasn't effay at all when we met and I never really cared, but over time he let me help him find his own style and now he dresses pretty well. It's not a priority in terms of relationships.
That being said, if you DO have an awesome personality it can be a good conversation starter.

>10/10 personality

well fuck.

>10/10 personality

how don't understand how anyone can expect this when the vast majority of women are incredibly vapid and boring

I get way more looks when I wear a ttigh henley with my man cleavage showing than when I'm dressed nicely.

Protip: work out

Depends on the person. Really, people shouldn't care about how you dress, but we all know they do to some extent. Dressing well isn't going to do anything if you are anxious and not willing to present your full self to others. When you start putting that out there people will start to gravitate towards you.

Some people are more materially invested than others. Personally I love the image of a couple, dressed in all black, very skinny, with coffee and cigarette walking through some downtown. Does it matter terribly if I get that? Eh, it's not a big concern. But, maintaining a certain image might be important to others, and they might be able to look past a slow-to-open person because of their style.

Stories:

Couple days back I heard some teenagers saying "So cool, so artsy" as they past me.

Get a lot of complements on my outfits in general. Also my demeanor, have had people say I have a good energy, for what it's worth. Clothes go part of the way with that, they at least make me look comfortable and confident because I wear shit most other people wouldn't.

Currently seeing a girl who was attracted to me because of my hair and outfit. She even said hi first, so it might get you somewhere, but if I wasn't confident and comfortable within myself it wouldn't have made a difference.

Vapid and boring women don't even give a shit about personality at all, just whether or not you're Chad. Women who have standards other than looks are generally not boring.

My personal opinion is that When you start your goal is to achieve what you want to transmit to everyone who looks at you, this implies a fit or well fitting body, this has to be in sintony with your personality and looks (hair color and type ecc. Then you'll start to dress to your body. Then your personality will be fed by all the poor personality people seeing you don't give a duck about them. You'll grow up as an misanthropic cool guy for tumblerinas and someone people are scared of. Sure, maybe you'll fuck a lot, maybe you'll be successful but all this process will cause a drop in your human consideration in general. Sad story senpai

Thiiiiiiiiis. Most of you guys clearly do not come into contact with enough women

Aye ^^^

WHO IS THIS SEMEN DEMON

No but being Veeky Forums does

This is my problem, but I don't know where to meet girls that are interesting

its not clothes its not muscles.
its mostly what u say to them and how u interact when u talk to them.
also u have to do practice that shit , if u stay in ur basement all the time u are not suddenly gonna have game when u finally come out.
I got laid in the most retarded outfits possible.
It takes confidence , have u never noticed how some of the hottest chicks date/fuck these wacky looking dudes.

Actually though this. My boyfriend is a chubby geek with no fashion sense (I happen to think he is perf and adorable but accept that most other people would disagree) and I love the shit out of him because he's sweet as fuck, makes me laugh, and he's intelligent and interesting as a person. He also loves me and makes me feel wanted. It's not that hard people! Put down the protein shake and get a personality, you'll be golden.

>you can tell they are interested in you from eye contact and maybe a smile but you quickly remember deep down you are still autistic so actually talking to them is the complicated part.

are you me?

>10/10 personality
Post feet

>implying you wouldn't drop him at a heartbeat as soon as a Chad comes along and talks to you

/thread

>just b urself :^)

nah. If woman with 10/10 face idc what she is wearing i just wanna hit that. u feel me

stop spouting all this nonsense.

no full rick no raf no yohji will liberate me from crippling anxiety spill de la spaghetti

SHOO SHOO MEDIOCRITY GOBLIN

post thighs

this. girls notice you more when you are handsome and built well.

when i wear tight shirts alot of shawties mirin.

wrong. more like, a majority of women are vapid and boring.

hahahah are u dating videogamedunkey?

A girl saw my uc x kajima takayuki hat laying around the room and was in awe. Impressed that it was rabbit fur. She knew her shit. Then got mad because she thought another girl had left it over. This is what my friend told me. He had to explain to her it was his effay friends hat and not some other effay girl he was banging. I never even had a girl in my room.

Oh but once i was in uniqlo and a girl who worked there said she liked my jacket. But she was like a 4/10.

faggot

THERE IS NO YSL THAT THEY COULD SELL

>Women who know how to dress usually attract more men too. It goes both ways
It doesn't simply go both ways, hygiene and style is a basic requirement for girls, unless you're trash class. I mean, some people get off on hoes and fucking downwards, but I don't date dumb women and only dumb women don't know how to dress.

Girls are attracted to power, period. Not muscles or clothes or taste, yes, but money and "confidence" is just misattributing a correlation.

Sometimes they fall in love, too. That's a different deal. I can't help you with that, though my gut tells me cultivating sincerity and, what's the word, holiness? angelicness? not partaking in any of the 7 deadly sins, etc. is your best bet

that gay ass hat tho lmao

>If you don't have a 10/10 personality I might dig your style
>over time he let me help him find his own style and now he dresses pretty well

are you sure your 10/10 isn't just someone you can mould? That's what it sounds like

why am i laughing but i still relate to this

Had a random girl at college ask if im a model yesterday, when i said no she said that i should be. I think it might of had something to do with my clothes too

This guy gets it tho

This i would marry a hot girl even if she only weared potato sacks

i get extremely turned off if a girl dresses badly even if shes hot. an ons all she get

I only like slim girls that wear the stuff you see in the "muh-dick core" threads

I wear really weird shit. Not the normal taste of Veeky Forums I make half my clothes. Gets me laid, but i guess you have to go case by case

I've only had gay dudes compliment me t b h

this is so me

no, it's all about genetics and manners.
I dress like shit but I get lots of attentions because I'm handsome, I have speech skills and I'm kind of detached when I talk to chicks.

>teach uni
>always have a few hot freshman babes
>can tell when they mire
>specifically get chinos that make my ass look nice for when I stand at chalkboard
>know I could get laid
>afraid to lose my job which is how I make sick cops
>pic is me eventually

No. One of my more artsy sjw type female friends commented on a friend of mine she doesn't know being hot and he dresses in sweats, adidas running sneakers, and t shirts almost exclusively. He just happens to be a very objectively beautiful person and attracts a lot of girls that way
>nohomo

post fit

i wish you were a female

you're living the dream man

fucking this.

Oh my god. I don't usually get weird over internet picture girls.. BUT FUCKING 'ELL MAN SHE'S PERFECT.

Not really. It usually comes down to

>I need him to be interesting and entertaining but I don't want to return the favor

Not in my experience. I used to think I'd care. I come from preppies. My dad is very into fashion, grooming, exercise, etc. I thought I wanted a dude as well turned out as that. But no. I wound up with a dude who wears only baggy Gap jeans because they're comfy and does not care if he is covered in lint or crumbs or animal fur. I buy him nice shoes, he wears them until they get literal holes in them. I try to replace them, he says no because they only just got comfortable when they broke in enough to get holes. Oh well. He's brilliant, fun to hang out with, thinks I'm hilarious, and is just my type. I don't need a guy who is into clothes, or even a guy who cares enough about them not to wipe pizza sauce on them. He's great. I'm all good.

It probably matters more or less to some people, though. I've never seen my sister with a guy who didn't look like an ad for Trunk Club.

I like this outfit but with an oversized Chapter button-down. Makes the look feel more relaxed, but this is good too.

great fit though

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

so accurate

so painful

yes but it won't do the whole work. it will be "oh user dresses nice/cool/etc".

Maybe

To a certain standard, yes

But if you dress too well, no. You just look homo and like you are insecure/care too much about yourself.

>Tfw objectively good looking, dress basic by Veeky Forums standards but very well by shitty town i live in standards
>tfw still never get girls bc im doing as shit and dont know what to say
Sometimes I wonder how Ive managed to have gfs in the past.

looks like saxon sharbino

This desu. That feeling when I was rather cool but a little shy guy during my BSc, who concentrated on his studies. Thanks to that I got accepted to a noice grad school, and after I got this position I started working out, made substantial progress in my social relations and style (kinda preppish). Now it's a third year, I'm 6'3", 202lbs, I became easy going and chilled guy, but I don't have much time for social stuff, since I have to concentrate on my research and most of my friends here also grad students who basically don't give a fuck about going out (but nevertheless are nice people to talk with and stick around at the department). It might seems rather comfy but trust me that every semester is a fucking hell. I am conducting exercise classes and if you could only see these freshman girls hngg. They are making eyes at me for 90 minutes and once the class is finished coming to me and asking stupid questions, that I have already answered for a few times, and giggling at the answers. It happened already for a few times that they asked whether we can meet to discuss stuff later, but every time it made literally no sense, since we discussed everything that we had to, and it seemed at least sketchy, so I was too afraid to not refuse. I hope that soon I will find some qt because it is getting unbearable.

kekkeroo

fucking hell beat me to it

>you can tell they are interested in you from eye contact and maybe a smile but you quickly remember deep down you are still autistic so actually talking to them is the complicated part.
Too real.

Also being an uncaring asshole does not help.

>>afraid to lose my job which is how I make sick cops

lel'd

This is completely plausible.

The only guy in my group of friends who has a long-time loving girlfriend is literally exactly like you described, with the addition that he spends most of his free time playing videogames.

The rest of us are more "athletic" and "outgoing" and one of us is a proper gym jockey, but the only girls we seem to attract are hypersexual bimbos.

((And even then my eccentric or as we say it here, autistic personality actually prevents me from getting laid))

>just be yourself guise :)

I once wore this kickass Adidas crew sweatshirt and got complimented by grills the next day when I wasn't even even wearing it. I think it goes to show the style really is important and that people really do notice.

thats a dress

Depends on the girl. Some girls tend to find overdressed guys to be a bit off-putting, as it implies they try too hard. Some girls tend to like it, as obviously there's a bit of an appeal to the look (and, for the Tumblerina types, it hits the right spots for them aesthetically).

Generalizing is thus a bad idea.

With that said, I will say that - regardless - your personality matters exponentially more. I'd rather be poorly dressed and friendly/fun than well-dressed and a proverbial stick in the mud.

Case in point: was at an outdoor event this weekend. Some fucker brought an $800 Tumi duffel filled with designer clothing, and both were promptly wrecked by weather/etc. His whining and overall "nah I'm not gonna go swim because the water might fuck up my designer swimsuit" attitude was unquestionably parodied by the girls attending.

>walking to work downtown
>qt wearing colorful raf sneakers
>"nice shoes"
>instant date mode
>she's in town for a photo shoot
>model from sweden
>had to go to work night shift
>she leaves next day
>check her instagram
>had a Chad hockey player bf
>tfw almost cucked a Chad

If you stop being afraid of rejection you'll have a much better time. Women really do not care at all about what clothes you wear and barely care about how you look.

If you want a grillfriend just find a cutie, talk to them for like a day, and then ask them out. Ez as that. If they say no, then oh well, you probably still made a friend, time to move on to the next girl.

Clothes aren't going to get you laid or get you a gf. Women are usually more anxious than you are and are not going to make the first move regardless of how much Rick you wear.

That never happened m8.

ITT: idiots getting butthurt when someone says personality matters
You fucking wish there were an easy way to get women like dressing well or getting ripped because you don't want to work on your internal character, that shit is hard. The truth is that the types of women you attract with superficial things are the types of women you complain about; promiscuous, shallow, boring, etc. Just because Kayla Marie broke your heart in high school doesn't mean each and every girl will leave you for Chad like she did. It means you attract the wrong women. If you work on your personality, it doesn't fucking matter what you wear or how nice your bod is, women will like you. Shallow women want Chad, but worthwhile women want personality. Go be somebody.

oh honeyboo, you'll be okay. c:

>If you stop being afraid of rejection you'll have a much better time.
I agree with your sentiment, but the keyword to this whole thing is rejection.

I believe nothing makes us quite who we are without hitting bedrock. Because seriously, the first time you endure rejection, it will sting you in the hart. Afterwards, you'll try again and it will sting less.

Then, in a michaelis menten-type kinetics graph you'll feel that rejection (difference between vmax and v(0)) and it will never be zero (v(0)=/=vmax) regardless of how many times you try, but everytime it becomes less.

That said when long relationships end they will drill that ass past bedrock.

>walking to work because I forgot my bus tokens
>trudging along with my head down, playing on my 3DS
>accidentally knock into some girl, she drops her phone and latte
>peer up to see who it is, really hot girl
>*dick retreats into body cavity*
>"watch where you're going, please!"
>bottom lip is trembling, don't know what to do
>keep looking down, see her shoes, lightbulb.
>"n-n-nice shoes...where'd you c-cop them?"
>she smiles, says she's a model
>"word...w-what's your insta?"
>hesitantly, she gives it to me.
>5k followers; wewlad.png
>keep walking to work, psyched because grill gave me her insta
>like first few pics, dm her about her shoes again
>three hours pass, getting slow at 7/Eleven
>no ones been in the store for almost an hour, 11pm.
>Lock the front door, go to employee bathroom, catch a beat to one of her bikini pics from summer 2014
>accidentally like it mid-climax, try to make up for it by liking one on the same time scale
>realize she's in a relationship
>switch from Instagram to Opera on my S4 (with minimalist tiles and greyscale theme)
>post story to Veeky Forums

I'm sorry Kayla Marie did that to you user.

Jokes aside you're right.

Rejection is obviously going to be horrible the first few times but you just have to not fear it. Expect it, and realize that if you do get rejected then it had to happen and it happens to everyone. You will feel awful for a little while but if you didn't try then you'd alone forever.

A few weeks of sadness over rejection is better than a lifetime of loneliness and suffering.

Lol the stupid questions after class are the worst (best?)

>excuse me professor, can you show me how to do [simple task] on my calculator?
>sure anonette, start by showing me your calculator instead of your cleavage

mah nigga

Hakamas actually, but yeah they look a skirt. I don't know what that's really supposed to mean, you just made an observation.

fuck man

>I'm sorry Kayla Marie did that to you user.
Jokes on you, pal. Any girl with two first names is guaranteed to be loony.

>A few weeks of sadness over rejection is better than a lifetime of loneliness and suffering.
I'll agree with this, but it's still the wrong way to approach dating. Rejection infers that you're not a good match with one person on this Earth. To waste precious time on mourning the ill-outcome of a few weeks of courting and paying for shit, doesn't make sense. You've just been rejected by 1e^9something of the population, a blip on the fucking radar.

You look over what you did, trying to figure out what their actions and reaction was, and chalk it up as a learning experience.

I leave for my first date for a year in about 1 hour.
She doesn't know I am completely fucking insane and autistic yet. This is going to be bad.

A lot of people don't have as good of a grip on their emotions to let them not be sad about being rejected. I don't particularly care when I get rejected, but I know plenty of people who's sweet little baby worlds would be shattered if they were to get rejected by someone.

I understand emotion, man. Like when Paul Walker died out of nowhere, I was ripped up for weeks; took two days vacation and holed myself away watching the series twice over and drinking myself to sleep.

Someone screenshot this for the future

>This is going to be bad.

If you tell yourself that it will be. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums and spend 15 minutes on your outfit and 45 minutes meditating. That's an order!

If you're content with mediocrity that's fine, most people are. Naturally more people are going to be fine with a person who doesn't want to strive to be their best self. People are afraid of living into a better them. If you are content to just exist with a person who can love you as a person just getting by then fine, whatever.

I would not date a person who is not interested in being better than they were yesterday. Continual improvement is important to me, I expect a lot of myself and I expect a lot out of a partner. This has to be in a more real and tangible way than beating new levels and improving vidya skillz.

You describe a relationship that works, not a relationship that strives. You can find a person who loves you and makes you feel wanted and genuinely wants the best for you. I would argue that does not include being cool with you wasting your time on video games (that's a value judgment, you're free to not believe vidya is a waste of time, but to me, it gives little or nothing back for the time investment).

Meditating for 45 mins is probably a bad idea if he hasn't done it before. Just try 5 minutes of focusing on the breath now, then another 5 just before the date. Would probably be more helpful and practical.

Spend the rest of the time looking up some good questions to ask on a first date. Don't just read a list off, but get some ideas going in your mind.

Shit good idea

I actually meditate all the time, thank you very much.

Kek I know, I've never actually been heartbroken by a Kayla Marie but it is undeniably the most basic white girl name on the planet. I know at least 5 of them desu.

lmao

nah not really
just dress properly and don't run around in some sith lord core assortment of garbage and you'll look fine