What's a cool knife to carry?

i currently carry a spyderco tenacious but i was wondering if you guys had a more stylish suggestion for me.

The only answer is: opinel

Also:
>mallninja

OFT knife. too bad everything more dangerous than a banana is banned in germany

A simple swiss army knife.

i used to have a nice black SAK Classic but it was too small and i lost it :'(

I have an opinel but maintaining the carbon steel is too much work when you live in hot and humid texas.

also i use one hand opening way too much now to consider using a two handed folder honestly

Literally can't go wrong

Bonus points for a custom shop / engraved one

>opinel

it's fa sure but it's not the most practical knife, and it's useless if you want to carry in a pants pocket

i had pic related for 5 years before I fucking lost it, all the same since I found it in a parking lot, but they still honored the lifetime warranty and gave it a factory sharpen. good knife. anything with a plastic handle is pretty shit tier imo

once again, shit for pants pocket carry. i love good buck knives, but not for every day use.

what do u need a knife for?

Opening boxes and packaging at work mostly. Also, I think I'm legally obligated to carry one in Texas anyway.

>The only answer is: opinel

Not even close to the best french knife. It's a meme at this point. Every frenchie's got one but that's because they're cheap.

draco knives

Idk if they make them anymore though.

Karambit.

im too fraid to carry this ( i have one) cause the safety switch pushes way too easy

>Karambit

A fixed karambit makes you look like a tool, and a folding one makes you look like a tryhard mallninja. They're lose/lose.

>needing to carry weapons

He never said anything about a karambit. Unless you are implying that spyderco is a karambit, in which case you are a moron. That hole is used in place of a thumb stud for one handed operation.

>implying a knife can't be a useful tool
Yes, they can be used for self defence, but I always keep a knife on me, its a good practical lil tool.

I meant to reply to this dude

I was recently threatened at knifepoint at random 2v4 (only one guy had a knife). My country's laws are strict on knives except the ones with a case over the blade. Therefore I need some good suggestions for those kind. The situation was very scary and if one out of the four of us had a knife things would have gone our way. Sorry for the noobness on this subject.

I carry a Mongolian knife made by nomads

knives for self defense has got to be the worst meme. you're either:
a) escalating a situation to deadly force, increasing your chances of death or grievous bodily harm
b) introducing an instrument which can be turned on you to an altercation which is already deadly, again increasing your chance of death or grievous bodily harm
buy a gun you stupid fuck. knives are cutting tools and nothing more.

Spyderco Sage 1 is pure class.

>Leekbro
pussy
>Style
Its a pocketknife, this is one of those times where function>fashion. Whatever suits you

i carry this sometimes, usually just keep it in my car

its a fucking knife it does not have to be cool

get a gun and you will be making bitches wet with the matching peacoat

super flat, great for pockets
traditional design, 1867 (even has its how wikipedia entry)
german made
all around pretty slick

another great traditional design
merkator look alike, but blade doesn't lock
french made

jardinier by opinel
better looking than traditional opinel knives
blade locks in open and closed positions
unlike two others, blade only comes in stainless steel, which means it won't rust but is harder to sharpen and dulls quicker (mind you , not that much)
french made

american classic
sodbuster Jr by case
blade doesn't lock
available in traditional yellow or black
best looking knife by Case, hands down

gerber LST drop point
first folding knife gerber made, contemporary american classic
very 80's toned down tacticool feel without looking like an operator or mall ninja
available in 3 sizes
blade locks in open position

only non-autistic knives ITT

victorinox Forschner Twine
probably the only Veeky Forums swiss army knife
no locks, stainless steel blade, plastic scales
worst in the lot, but lots of colours available

grail

spyderco paramilitary 2

Your two points are valid for firearms too.

Dude it's a balisong, you're supposed to carry it around and flip it when you're bored.

I want to get some titanium scales to replace the ugly black ones I have on there.

this is actually fucking cool

>lone wolf

looker

what do you guys think of horn handle knives?

None you fucking autist

Classic Lagioule

Mark Morris custom muzzleloader

none you faggot

and i love knives
but the overwhelming majority of ppl have zero reason to ever carry one

Wew lad, we don't want you going around potentionally potassium poisonong the refugees, gonna have to take the banana aswell

>you have to be an athlete to wear runners
>you have to be an aviator to wear ray bans
>you have to be a ball player to wear a ball cap
>you have to be a veteran to wear milsurp
>you have to be a blood to wear red
>you have to be a 19th century gold miner to wear jeans
>what's your valid reason to wear them?

this is what you sound like. nobody's talking about stabbing folks ffs. having a small folding knife in your backpack is just as legit as having your phone charger in there. if it's too much for you to handle, just go post in another thread.

out of curiosity can you tell me some situations in which the knife came in handy?

>tfw Banned in Australia

I'm not the person you where responding to, but i carry and use a knife of a daily basis, i cut tape on packages, cut cardboard for sign making or recycling, process wood for camp fires or cooking, cut rope or paracord, i use it as a utility tool while i sew, i use it to remove tape from the edges of walls when i do painting, i use it for daily food prep, i cut tags off of people's clothing for them. Also knives will create situations where you would like to use a knife that you did not know about before, not that you won't be able to do those tasks without a knife but a knife can make it a LOT easier.

Also knives have such a rich and important history, and they work as great conversation pieces, especially if you run into someone who is also interested in knives.

you can cut a piece of apple, slice some cheese, salami, you name it. you can cut a piece of rope to desired length, you can carve out a pice of wood into sumptuous work of folk art.
Do you have so little imagination that you can only think of offensive ways to use a knife?
I mean, I'm sure you don't keep delivering punches and slaps when your hands aren't in your pockets, because you know your hands can be used in more ways than simply as weapons...

Is a knife worth buying for reasons other than aesthetics ?

How is this a question? You don't run into anything through the day that you need to cut? And even if you don't run in to that problem everyday its still better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.