Hm silk blend

How do u rate the quality? Is it worth copping? It seems a nice alternative to the branded polis plus it is 1/3 of their price.
Discuss.

I would stay away from anything 'blend' imo

that's because you don't know anything about fabrics

i like you

>implying 100% virgin wool is not the best fabric, followed by 100% linen and 100% silk

the only fabric you listed there was linen, buddy
wool is a fiber
silk is a fiber
fibers are not fabric
fabric is made of fibers

what is the name for the fabric made from 100% wool then?

oh? it's wool? funny how words are the thing you mean by them

>best fabric

is entirely dependent upon your purpose for the fabric. for example, though i like virgin wool, it would be my last choice for warm-weather clothing.

100% anything is a nice concept because it seems simple and also because probably most of the blends you've handled in your life were cheap, but your personal exposure to bad blends does not define blends as inherently inferior.

there are times when it makes sense (makes the finished product better for its purpose) to add some nylon, spandex, hell even polyester to a fabric. there are times when it makes sense to blend naturals together. i'm currently working with a modal/linen blend that breathes like linen and drapes like modal, which is something neither could do on their own.

>BUT 100% PURE FABRIC MUST INHERENTLY BE BETTER ALWAYS

that's like saying 100% iron is always better than steel (which is an alloy). very often it is not--again, it depends on your desired outcome. want to make a wrought iron gate? iron is better. want to make an aircraft hull? steel is better.

name(s) of fabric made of 100% wool:
herringbone
twill
flannel
challis
crepe
tweed
felt
fleece
gabardine
zibeline

would you like to try again?
i wish i had focused more in textile science, i would be able to mention more

100% wool is just saying the fiber makeup of the fabric

but not all of those are always 100% wool, and some of them (flannel) can be 0% wool.

welcome to fabric construction
they're not always going to be 100% wool because the fibers can be different
and that's the point

wool is not a fabric
pic related is 100% wool
you can't wear that
it is not even a fabric yet

but to that original post
100% linen isn't a real thing
linen is a fabric made of 100% flax

>you can't wear that

oh yeah? tell that to dick ovens I'll bet he'd make a sick pair of dunks outta that

as I remember you were responsible for some quality recommendations a while back. thanks m8

no problem
i don't like that everyone in the industry treats it as a secret club

The problem isn't that it's a blend (blended fabric can be great), but that it's H&M. The "silk blend" is probably 5% absolute garbage silk and the remaining 95% cotton and/or polyester.
It's the same reason cheap wool blends are usually crap: none of the desirable characteristics of wool, since it's in such a low quantity, and what little wool is in the fabric probably came from floor sweepings.

Actually it is 30%silk but i get the point about HM quality. Do u have sone reconmendations? The appeal in these are that there is no branding visible plus it feels nice, since 30% silk but im thinkibg how it will lopk and deel lije after five washes.

we can tell that isnt 100% wool since it isnt cleaned.

u r an idiot

congratulations you know absolutely nothing about fabric

H&M is garbage idc what collab / line it is

>subject to circumstances
>best
>xD

H&M is generally hit and miss, but its in my opinion the best of the "cheap consumer" clothing companies. Stuff is cheap and sometimes quality is surprisingly good.

I have a silk blend polo from a few years back and it holds up perfectly.

You. I like you.

Thoughts on 100% silk shirts? Was looking at the our legacy raw silk shirt but then again i've heard they're hardly breathable and wrinkle like crazy. Texture looks insane tho

lol you've got me there

well that goes back to the concept that yes, fibers have their own properties
silk is supposed to be breathable but it is also a thermal retainer, which means that in most fabric structures it'll be hot
silk is cool to the touch, but people always forget it's a hot fiber and that's why you see people in versace shirts sweating everywhere in the summer

anyway back to your question
100% silk shirts are fine to add to your wardrobe, it's not a t-shirt so you wouldn't be wearing it every day, and i mention this because you don't want one item to make you best friends with your local dry cleaners

if you were to buy it, i would recommend colder weather, or a cooler night in summer
if you can, go try one on in store and see how you like it

How bad are they with stains, are certain materials more likely to retain stains or does weave of the fabric play a bigger role? Also any recs on reading material? This is immensely interesting to me

Back to the question - I bought one of the h&m silk blend tees last year and I've had no problems with it. It's light and feels good on the skin. I was planning to wear it as underwear but I ended up wearing it a lot more when I felt like wearing something bland.