The Word became flesh

Can an atheist tell me what's so hard to understand?

You got it wrong.
I dont care about your religion.
Whats so hard to undertand?

The empirical evidence and falsifiability part

>Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

That doesn't explain away why you think holding onto a belief without any form of empirical evidence or upholding a proposition that isn't falsifiable is rationally justifiable.

From this, I can only conclude that you are a fucking moron

If you are using Logos in the traditional philophical sense than you it's nonsense.

Logos is supposed to be everywhere, it can not be in a particular place (say at the last supper) and not in another (inside my ballsack)

Saying "Logos became flesh" makes as much sense as saying "Math became a fish". It's just a nonsense sentence.

>muh empiricism

Fuck off moron.

Yeah dude, that totally refuted this guy

>word
>became flesh

haha lmao like hey baby i'm a word let's form a portmanteau and we can have a few conjugations XD ooh I want to be a copula to you sweet thing lol but we have to stop before your period :D:D:D

Nor does it explain why you dont undertand that I dont give a fuck about your religion.

Oh look the bible got copied a lot when the roman empire became christian, that means the bible is factual!

Oh wait, that's retarded.

This chart tells me that the Quran is more reliable than the Bible. Tell me why I shouldn't convert to Islam.

Having eyes they do not see

Having ears they do not hear

This is what the Bible says about atheists:

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts" 2 Peter 3:3

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

Not him you failed to refute the guy.

The events of the New Testament theology is not falsifiable. Nor is it emperical (no history can be empirical).

You asked people why they had trouble with the religion and than when you get an answer you say this
>Fuck off moron

Boohoo the guy didn't respond with an answer you liked, boohoo he actually answered your question. What an asshole!

Neither does that old overused image

Again, you are giving me an increasing amount of data that points quite conclusively to the conclusion that you are indeed a gullible fucking moron who will believe almost anything, as long as it's written in a holy book. You're essentially a christian version of the mindless Muslim fundamentalists you probably hate, which is another piece of data that clearly points to you being a fucking moron

It means the events described in the Gospels really happened.

From a purely historical approach.

ITT: atheists getting BTFO and bawwing

lol, enjoy the flames!

Let it be known that the Christian initiated the bantz. I wash my hands. As long as we're doing this, "Alexamenos worships his god." - some roman faggot

Oh wait, you believe in magic sky men... I really don't think there's going to be much for us to discuss.

Try not being biblically illiterate before shitposting like this.

>All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

>Tell me why I shouldn't convert to Islam
Not him but:

How the fuck do you reason this?
This guy already points out that the Quaran has even more copies
Are you willing to apply the same logic to the Quaran?

Are you also willling to apply this logic to Caeser, since we have so few copies of the history of him he probably didn't exist right.

Allah is but Caseser is a fairy tail! eh?

Dont you know how does it work?

How do I know that Jesus wasn't also a demon sent to deceive me? I gotta know

So what's the Christian concept of Logos than.

Is it something where I need to a priori believe Christianity to be true to make sense? If so than it should be obvious why I wouldn't take it serious.

>>It means the events described in the Gospels really happened.
No it doesn't. It just means that the christian dominated late roman bureaucracy had lots of copies of the bible made. The supernatural events of the bible are extraordinary claims with no real independent sources supporting them.

This isn't history for the self same reason the Illiad isn't.

Not him but reminder:

>“They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food--but food of an ordinary and innocent kind.”

Pliny, Letters, transl. by William Melmoth, rev. by W.M.L. Hutchinson (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1935), vol. II, X:96, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.

Because the Old Testament prophets talked about the coming messiah.

And God promised a saviour all the way back in Genesis to Adam and Eve.

>using the Bible to prove events that happened in the Bible

>>some ancient historian said some nice things about christians once, this means christianity is correct
derp derp derp.

Materialist detected.

There's no point arguing with you, because you will keep shifting the goalposts.

How do you know the Old Testament God isn't just another fucking demon trying to deceive you?

The Bible is a collection of books written by different authors that never knew eachother.

So what's your point?

no evidence

It's simple:

>Every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.
Matthew 7:17-18

Holy shit atheists are retarded

all these dumb questions that have been answered a million times before

Yeah, but there's been a shitload of false Messiahs. Jesus could be one, I need to make sure.

I agree, there is no evidence for the theory of evolution.

Not only correct but also good.

>God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

Wrong.

Atheism is false

Christianity is true

OP what are you trying to do here, you're not going to convert atheists with biblical quotes

You are an idiot who cannot grasp obvious sarcasm.

The Illiad has hundreds of surviving copies, does this mean the greek pantheon exists?

Is Julius Caesar a fictional character because there are comparatively few surviving copies of his writings?

Your logic sucks, religitard.

>Samuel 6: 43

>grapes
>look like bloodcells

Well that's just because humans have it programmed in them to recognize human and animal features in the world, see cloudspotting, this is useful for survival and social interaction

>Is Julius Caesar a fictional character because there are comparatively few surviving copies of his writings?

Yep, fairy tale just like evolution.

>The Illiad has hundreds of surviving copies, does this mean the greek pantheon exists?

Of course but don't worship them.

>3 Aaron and his sons must wear them whenever they enter the tent of meeting or approach the altar to minister in the Holy Place, so that they will not incur guilt and die.
Exodus 28:43

>I am an idiot
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Also this extends to all objects
Humans associate many things easily

I was quoting your post, you dumbfuck. Lemme try to explain sarcasm to you as it seems that you are mentally deficient in certain ways

This post is an example of sarcasm, which is defined as:

Simple Definition of sarcasm

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

I reiterate, you are stupid.

What are you doing?

>I am a dumbfuck
Don't be too hard on yourself.

The fuck is this shit anyway,

This was meant for you, bible boy.

>>Yep, fairy tale just like evolution.
>>Caesar was a fairy tale
lol nice try troll.

>>Of course but don't worship them.
Why not? Aphrodite will do all sorts of fun things for and to you if you give her due reverence. I mean, Freya obviously has better tits, but I can always go greek too yaknowwhatimsayin brah?

>The invader will do as he pleases; no one will be able to stand against him. He will establish himself in the Beautiful Land and will have the power to destroy it. 17
Daniel 11

>it's a 'Christautists try to evangelize on Veeky Forums by samefagging and posting the same shit eeveryone has seen a billion times before' episode

There is no need to be upset.

Gahh, the fuck is going on here?

>>Yep, fairy tale just like evolution.
>>Caesar was a fairy tale
lol nice try troll.

>>Of course but don't worship them.
Why not? Aphrodite will do all sorts of fun things for and to you if you give her due reverence. I mean, Freya obviously has better tits, but I can always go greek too yaknowwhatimsayin brah?

You should consider the fact that you and your fellow believers are some of the most thin skinned people on this board. Oh and I'm not btw.

We're gonna be zoomed in on a pixel by the end of this thread at this rate.

Why are you quote mining the Holy Bible?

>But he who comes against him shall do as he wills, and none shall stand before him. And he shall stand in the glorious land, with destruction in his hand.
Daniel 11:16

Why are you taking it out of context?

>“In those times many shall rise against the king of the south, and the violent among your own people shall lift themselves up in order to fulfill the vision, but they shall fail. Then the king of the north shall come and throw up siegeworks and take a well-fortified city. And the forces of the south shall not stand, or even his best troops, for there shall be no strength to stand. But he who comes against him shall do as he wills, and none shall stand before him. And he shall stand in the glorious land, with destruction in his hand. He shall set his face to come with the strength of his whole kingdom, and he shall bring terms of an agreement and perform them. He shall give him the daughter of women to destroy the kingdom, but it shall not stand or be to his advantage. Afterward he shall turn his face to the coastlands and shall capture many of them, but a commander shall put an end to his insolence. Indeed, he shall turn his insolence back upon him. Then he shall turn his face back toward the fortresses of his own land, but he shall stumble and fall, and shall not be found."
Daniel 11:14-19

Do you even know what this chapter is about? This is pathetic.

>Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2
Judges 11

Yeah and then the christcucks will start a new thread to repeat the autism marathon all over again.

Your point?

>14 The Dung Gate was repaired by Malkijah son of Rekab, ruler of the district of Beth Hakkerem. He rebuilt it and put its doors with their bolts and bars in place.
Nehemiah 3

>atheists are so frustrated that they start copying and pasting random verses from random Old Testament books
I don't even know what to say.

So how much reward do you supposedly reap in heaven for converting someone? I wonder if there actually is a driving force behind all this proselytizing on Veeky Forums outside of pure zealotry and shitposting

When atheists lose, they throw a temper tentrum like a child.

www.ichthys.com

Angels rejoice when someone gets saved.

Because the New Testament has more copie it has a higher truth value, it says not to worship other Gods so you can't.

Illiad has enough copies to asseration a truth value that it's Gods are real.

Quoting bible verses is not proof the bible is right, nor does being copied with few errors prove that the stories in it happened

So according to your logic, Quotations of Chairman Mao is the second most truthful book

>14 So she lay at his feet until morning, but got up before anyone could be recognized; and he said, “No one must know that a woman came to the threshing floor.”
Ruth 3

Are you suggesting that our great eternal leader chairman Mao is fallible?
You do know the consequences fir that don't you?

It's a pyramid scheme. You get +10 heaven points for covnerting someone +1 heaven for each person that they convert also converts or for each person someone you converted converts.

Jesus was the origenal so he's at the top of the leaderboard. Whoever has the most points get sit in the special chair!

But I have humility and know I can only get at best a couple hundred points. My goal is to get 500 points before I die, which gets my anal with the Virgin Mary =D (it doesn't count as sex)

So

You're deliberately trolling at this point.

Besides, If I worship aphrodite instead she'll let me fuck her in the ass. That matters faaaaarrr more then "truth value" dumbfuck.

>i don't understand the story nor the context

Except that child is shitposting by copying and pasting completely random biblical verses while I am posting passages containing words of wisdom which answer questions and are related to my post.

Only old copies count and only if they survived intact for hundreds of years.

Hmmm

Quality doesn't matter on the internet only the autist that can keep shitposting the longest can claim victory
It's as if you're new here kid

Are you accusing someone else of shitposting when all you do for the most part is repeatedly post bible verses in response to people telling you that they don't believe what the bible says?

lol

According to who? Who makes these rules? Your local chapter of the League of Christposting Autists?

Except posting random verses is comparable to me just replying to your post with ''fhg3q49tgi f82gb2 q34g2biwj''.

>>My goal is to get 500 points before I die, which gets my anal with the Virgin Mary =D (it doesn't count as sex)

>>wanting to assfuck a 2000 year old middle eastern woman.

Dude, just get some really old raisins, put some cow manure on them, put the mix into a sock, and start fucking it.

The bible only is word's of wisdom if you already beleive it's true. You can't use the bible to prove the bible to other people, it's circular logic.

The fake quote was funny and I think poking fun at the idea that quoting the bible proves anything. Like I said a bible quote can only prove something to another Christian, it might as well be a made quote to an atheist.

You Christians have no sense of humor

"And Jesus said, whoever laughs at my Rabbi jokes will be called the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever cannot get the punchline shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven." The Book of CIA, 4:U

Sorry man can you rewrite the last few words of your post I think you made some typos I don't quite understand what you're saying

You didn't get a copy of the pamphlet?

>11 The north side was also a hundred cubits long and had twenty posts and twenty bronze bases, with silver hooks and bands on the posts.
Exodus 38

>5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6
2 Thessalonians 2

Who the fuck sends out religious pamphlets anymore other then the Jehovah's Witnesses?

>The bible only is word's of wisdom if you already beleive it's true
False.

t. ex-atheist

>The fake quote was funny
Maybe if you have the same humor as my pre-pubescent cousin who writes fake game reviews on his tablet by spamming random letters and numbers. To adults, this is simply cringeworthy.

>13 She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.
1 Peter 5

>adults
What the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums if you're concerned with spooks like acting like an adult

>>False.
>>t. ex-atheist
You didn't convert for intellectual reasons, you converted for emotional ones. I'm well aware that I cannot use reason and logic to talk someone out of a position that they didn't use reason and logic to come by in the first place, but you do understand that this just isn't going to work right?

The only thing you have accomplished on this board is to make me feel even smugger about being an atheist and seriously made me consider buying a fedora.

You are telling me that you never got a pamphlet in your Christmas stocking.
WTF is wrong with you?

I think you should go see a priest, you probably haven't even had communion in awhile and your Holy Ghost levels are probably dangerously low. You need an immediate transfusion. I'm pretty sure most health-care covers the fee nowadays too.

Some parts of the bible might be described as wise. But just because something is in the bible does not make it self evidently wise

>You didn't convert for intellectual reasons, you converted for emotional ones
False.

>muh reason and logic
Not everyone views what you call "reason" and "logic" as reason and logic. Why is this hard for you to understand, skeptic boy?

>Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
Romans 1:28-32

>27 “But the man who was mistreating the other pushed Moses aside and said, ‘Who made you ruler and judge over us?
Acts 7

>You didn't convert for intellectual reasons, you converted for emotional ones
False.

>muh reason and logic
Not everyone views what you call "reason" and "logic" as reason and logic. Why is this hard for you to understand, skeptic boy?

>The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14

See

>Not everyone views what you call "reason" and "logic" as reason and logic. Why is this hard for you to understand

Not him, but it's hard for me to understand because 'reason' and 'logic' are processes whose natures objectively exist, not bodies of propositions whose truth-values are contentious (or subjective).