What the fuck was his problem?

Money from banks.

>It's another "what was his problem?" thread

I've never seen one started about this guy, and he certainly has a lot of problems.

A stroke I think.

He probably cared more about representing his party than actually becoming an effective president. The US falls on his shoulders in the wake of 3rd party bullshit taking Teddy's chance at reelection.

What would WW1 have been like under Teddy?

>What would WW1 have been like under Teddy?

Depends on whether TR enjoyed trench warfare or not. If he did, US casualties would have been higher but the war might have ended sooner. If he didn't, a negotiated peace might have been approved earlier and WW2 could have been avoided.

Dude, it wasn't the US decision that they didn't enter the war sooner. But the Allies.

US ground forces were ridiculously undertrained that they had to spend a year or so of training before being allowed in the trenches.

The US doesn't even declare war on Germany until April 1917, are you claiming that if TR was elected in 1912 that he wouldn't have entered the war earlier whether or not the Allies allowed him to fight?

He was a college president who had no experience with how things operated in the real world.

He was also one of the most racist Presidents ever.

>He was also one of the most racist Presidents ever.

Not an argument.

>>He was also one of the most racist Presidents ever.

>probem

Political science majors shouldn't become politicians

Im guessing JP Morgan, Rockefeller and whatnot had dirt on him

DUDE PROGRESSIVISM LMAO

His academic background.

I love how teddy lost his boner for war after he negotiated peace in the Russo-Japanese war.
>"this shit isnt like it used to be"

iirc he was pushing really hard to go to war with germany but then during the actual war he lost a son and became really sad :(

>putting an academia rat in power

Ah the old "local bully not so tough after being raped" situation

Globalism.

Let me sum it up in two sentences.

1. He represented his party first and the American people second
2. He was a feckless idealist who thought that the entire world functions just like Europe does and just said 'yep these systems that are designed to work in Europe are gonna be just *fine* anywhere else in the world'

And he was also so desperate to get France and England to sign on that he basically let them do whatever they wanted to Germany in exchange. And we all know how THAT ended.

>What would WW1 have been like under Teddy?
Teddy often called Wilson for being a coward for not joining the war earlier on.

>And he was also so desperate to get France and England to sign on that he basically let them do whatever they wanted to Germany in exchange
>he basically let them do whatever they wanted to Germany in exchange
If he would let them to do whatever they wanted to Germany, there would be no Germany after WW1 and no WW2 either.

he was the only one that had an interest in not fucking up germany after the war

what the fuck was your problem

>not fucking up germany after the war
Germany wasn't fucked after the war.

It didn't pay nearly any reparations and outside of alsace/lorraine, Danzig and part of Silesia it only lost backwards shitholes. German land saw very little action(as opposed to France or Russia) In the 20's Weimar Republic was the fastest growing economy of the world, generating wealth that would later serve for remilitarisation of Germany that was done by Hitler.

Meanwhile French didn't get the reparations meant to rebuild the frontlines of the past so to this day, 16 May 2016 - almost 100 years after the war there is restricted zone in northern France, where nobody can settle down and nobody but the military have access too.

he that lives by the sword :^)

>implying racism isn't behind this country's current welfare mess

you can't fault the man for adopting a popular view of the time

Uhh, do you know what year it currently is? That shit is not acceptable, no excuses.

Autism.
Also his congress wouldn’t let him control europe to everyones misfortune.

Statist pig

he was black

Kill yourself

>viewing history using modern standards

Wew lad

oh am I laffin
that's a good one

How did he get Jerrycurl treatment in 190AD?

It was natural.

>I don't understand sarcasm
get

>muh liberalism