/bhg/ Black Hair General: Curl Activator Edition

inspo, advice, questions etc...

How do I get my hair to do pic related? It's almost like that on its own. People comment on how soft and loose it is naturally but it's not quite free enough to fall over and give me bangs. I WANT SOME BANGS. Halp

You guys keep on making these special edition threads as if black people make up more than 1% of Veeky Forums users

Have you tried any products to weigh your curls down abit, alil flax seed gel gets my hair to fall downward, maybe that would help?

dangeruss is fa

I haven't tried anything desu. I'm a total novice.

Actually I tried some s-curl but it wasn't right for me. Just caused friz, which was the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Then again I only tried a few squirts, didn't wanna overdo it

Flaxseed oil sounds interesting tho. Tell me more about that. Like, qualities and properties and such

make sure you condition your hair and try letting it dry in either braids,twists,bantu knots, etc. it helps cut down on frizz for me.

>pic related bantu knots

>pic related results after bantu knots

I also put coconut oil in my hair as i take out the bantu knots

Patience. Your hair will hang naturally if you just allow it to grow. Pic related.

Also what said. Conditioner and leave-in conditioners weigh the hair down. So do oils like olive oil

You should probably post pics so that we have an idea of what your hair looks like

What hair type is this?

looks like maybe 4a or 4c

A better look

Bantu knots would definitely look weird on me, plus my hair's no quite long enough

That's encouraging because my hair does seem to be going in that direction. Then again, I'd have to let my hair grow out to a crazy length when I want a more subtle look. Like Russell Wilson's in the OP.

Hopefully one of these oils is enough but idk

Anyway, y'all said you need pictures? Here's a few angles.

Where my hair looks like a torpedo is the result of stretching it out under the bill of my hat, commuting around the past few hours

How rich is your family, senpai

not really. why do you ask?

Yeah you should try doing two-strand twists going forward and then unravel them a couple hours later

4a prolly

>two-strand twists
This. Spend 10 minutes or so doing them before bed. wear a durag while you sleep. then take them out in the morning

I have frizzy Brazilian hair, how do I get my hair like ops pic? I've never used any gels or relaxants before.

gotta post a pic of your hair. we can't help if we don't know what your hair looks like already.

you need to perm your hair and massage butter into your hair daily

>you need to perm your hair
Please do not listen to this advice, user.

i know you lol

death rattle

;^ )

IT IKEM AGAIN

lol how've you been?

I was actually waiting a while for one of these threads

guys is the dreadtop fade dead? ive been wanting to cut my hair like pic related but now im worried ill just look like another trend eating fuccnigga

If you live in a big city, don't do it. If not, you'll be fine, normies won't know its popular.

>i live in toronto

just fuck my shit up nigga.

should i just abandon all hope of growing dreads now or is there a style thats less popular/fuccboi-ish

I had it and it took me about a year and 2 months to grow my hair back.
I wouldn't invest in it now.
The new wave is probably gonna be something that you can get when u grow out of this cut.
My advice is go full luka mode.

Why didn't Dr Pavel just disarm the thing when he was told to arm the thing?

Do it senpai.

don't do it senpai

Well the way we have to treat/style our hair is very different, so yeah we need our own hair general.

How long does my hair have to be so I can get this haircut? 13cm? That's maybe 5 inches

What shampoo should I replace with Head and Shoulders?

S-curl indeed loosens up the curls, which can make it look like you actually have more curls, which isn't actually the case. It also dried out your hair, so if you don't know anything about general hair care it will turn into a frizzy mess in weeks.

You can try to stretch your curls without using chemical products. I don't have any experience with that though :(

You probably just need more length though :)

Do you guys use wave caps or something to protect your hair when sleeping in bed?

I'm always getting flat bedhair.

Good haircuts for bad hairlines? Preferably low.

I would do it desu, it's still a great look.

A satin cap over the hair should be good enough to at least protect it from getting the moisture sapped out by the pillow overnight, so less breakage

Do it brotha man. Imma do it too. First time getting my hair up to even this length, gotta try to dread it at least once

I mean the very specific threads. A couple days ago there was a "Long Black Hair" thread and now there's a "Curly Edition". We should just lump all them together into just one Black Hair General thread. I'm totally fine with that.

yeah and i think its a style that suits me particularly well

i wish i was black

... so imma go for it

Omarion's new style is pretty great.

Do it man. It all depends on how you style it. If you do it like Lil Uzi and just allow it to fall like a bowl cut then yeah you're gonna look like a fuccboi. But if you style it like then you're good.

Yeah nah I'm trying to put as little into my hair as possible. It's gotten so many compliments and what I've always done different from everyone else is a lack of chemicals.

I was super nervous about even using s-curl. I gave a few squirts to some less noticeable parts of my head and then threw it away....

Perm sounds harsh

how much time do you spend letting it growing up?

Go for it f/a/m

What products do you lot use regularly? Need to sort out the shit I use.

Reckon I'm gonna cop some of that ORS Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, plus some coconut oil. Need a leave in conditioner/moisturiser though. Still don't fully understand this shit.

Is the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie a leave in conditioner/moisturiser/whatever or is it just a styling thing?

I really wanna get the fuccboi high top dreads style but I live in a smaller city in the UK so there aren't that many black salons around here. The few that I can find using google don't have websites or Instagrams or anything so I can't actually see what they can do, so if I go to them I'd have to go in completely blind, which probably isn't the best idea.

I don't know if I trust myself with doing them myself. Seems really difficult and time consuming.

Don't know what to fucking do.

Me too, I'd definitely like a more consistent black hair general

I use a sulfate free dandruff shampoo because I have a dandruff problem and the curl enhancing smoothie as a deep conditioner that I wash out. Then I use shea moistoure jbco as a leave in and a curl styler/gel. Still trying to figure out which styler gel is best for me

same

No reason, pretty irrelevant. Just noticed you aren't hurting for money.

Why the fucking black nails? It's pretty how can i say.....ironic for mails() to paint their nails.

Sick hair though, do you have progress picks of it when it was just growing? Looking for a new style and long hair seems cool given the amount of things you can do with it