/DIY/ - DIY General

Let's get a DIY thread going.

Other urls found in this thread:

sustainable-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/CSF-Strategy-2015-20201.pdf
punkstuff.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/_/m_0010712032619_1.jpg
dropcanvas.com/snkx2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you made anything yet OP?

I have a design that i want to paint into a shirt, it's very thin and busy, Other than tediously painting with fabric paint, how can i print something to a shirt?

I only need one shirt and i went to a shirt design place and they said the minimum is 12 shirts. I don't want to print a block picture. Like Yes i know he is saying how to print designs, the problem is screen printing design shops (at least the closest one) only print in batches of 12.

how many colors is it?

White on black.

First, can you post a picture of the design?

Secondly, why don't you iron the design on the tshirt?
- sustainable-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/CSF-Strategy-2015-20201.pdf

I have some books for /diy/, but my MEGA account got deleted. Does anyone know a good and fast hosting site?

Currently prototyping an m43 cap in tyvek

Grossly simplified, of course

i love tyvek and this is an interesting project. what would you wear it with?

No idea. I'm probably gonna make another in a more normal material, which could probably substitute a regular baseball cap as a "special snowflake" kinda thing or I'll just resort to milspo

The tyvek though, I can only imagine working with lunarcore or something

It's the design used on the back of this band shirt that i have.

punkstuff.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/_/m_0010712032619_1.jpg

> why don't you iron the design on the tshirt?
I really don't think that would work with this design, it's really thin, with lots of negative space. Doesn't iron on only work well with square picture designs?

Hey, I've just needed a thread like this. I wanna sew pants similar to pic related. Any tips on the pattern? It seems like the seat is a little lower than usual, they might be high waisted. Which fabric should I use? I was thinking linen maybe, but I am not sure if I'll be able to find one thick enough to achieve the look.

Also, I want to make some basic oversized tees. Any tips on w2c the usual stretchy cotton fabric?

Bumping with ear flaps

try dropcanvas

dropcanvas.com/snkx2
I hope it works. Do you have any idea how long the link will be usable? These DIY threads miss resources.

I have some patterns for males. t-shirts, boxers, pants etc. The basic stuff. These patterns are not printed on A4. Maybe I could divide the patterns into segments (pieces of paper of A4) and upload them. When you download the files, you can piece them together with tape.

after you get done with this maybe make a tyvek bag or something. If you dont Ill probably attempt it later this week. where did you come across the tyvek? I rather not order it online.

also ill drop some ideas

best part about it is that it could be rough as fuck/ not perfectly made and still look badass

this was just a design concept and not available for purchase right? i'd kill for that.

like it can be super simple (obv without the mail stuff but you get the idea)

yea it was just concept pieces(Aamazing ones)

even though there are a few examples of tyvek bags on the web they are extremely rare.

I need to dust my sewing machine off and jump on bags lol. It doesnt look that difficult at all.

I checked again - they are Tom Sachs Nikecraft designs. Don't know how many they made.

Retail: $250
Retail: $400

Also made a show that sells for thousands of $$$ on eBay

I'll check eBay for these bags every day now

You could go for silk screening

shoe, not show

I've been idea bouncing making a guidi/m.a+ style leather messenger bag. I have no experience leather working so it would be a big education/project.

Ideas? Was thinking either calf or horse leather if I can get my hands on it.

Theoretically, asymmetrical messenger bags shouldn't be the hardest thing to make.

How much time and effort are you willing to put into this project?

Quite alot, it would probably be a kinda of thing where a I do half a dozen hours a week doing it after work and such.

1. Visit /diy/, maybe a thread about tanning will come along.
2. Visit the forums of stylezeitgeist.
3. Do you have tanners in the neighborhood, maybe email them?
3. Do you have the money? Leather doesn't seem to be cheap to me.

>I have no experience leather working

then honestly you shouldn't touch good stuff or complex patterns yet. practice sewing small things with cheap leather first--key chain clips and belts and such,

trust me. you will regret your results if you don't acquire some base level skills before you dive in deep.

Noted, I have the money to buy a Guidi Q10/M10 (which is sort of what I would try and make) but wheres the fun in buying?

True, true. I have sewing experience on cloths and all of those hand skills but I've never worked on leather apart from restitching a wallet or something like that.

Maybe I should do something like make a wallet first. Its less leather to work with and a little less time consuming and would help build up my leather working skills.

I'm just tearing up envelopes, the big office ones that can hold a fuckton

I've heard of others using postage envelopes, also the fuckhuge ones

How can i destroy my jeans more

maybe wear them and grow up

looks awful.

Better pic

Why do you want to destroy them? Do you want to make crust pants?

they look pretty interesting. I remember someone burning their pants to distress them. they where like tan pants and they had moonrunes on them. I cant find pic tho

Kind of, i want to destroy them and still be wearable. Fistressed as possible

possible senpai?

Also thats what i was going for

Knoch literally just cut a pocket off a jacket and put d-rings on it to turn it into a tiny messenger bag, and a pocket can be made with a single stitch/seam

It just depends on how complex you want it to be (smaller pouches, seperate compartments, etc)

is hemming pants by hand gonna get sloppy? should i just invest in a sewing machine? if so, what's a nice small machine?

You pegged them but they still fit badly? They must be too long. Just wear them everyday and hand wash them when they seriously start to smell. Eventually they'll desintagrate.

When you hem pants you'll need both your hands and a machine. On what machines can you get your hands on?

Yea they're h&mskinny jeans

Honestly gonna wear them as they are

They still fit really well

Not really, they may be tight but they're slightly long.

stacks

When i bought them, they were 2 inches too long

The form is present

How does one make tyvek look less like paper?

id be willing to buy a cheap one from amazon.

That was not a pocket though. It was the leg end of an overall which he also modified into a jacket.

I'd say go for a singer.

recommend a specific model?

considering sewing this badge onto a black cap
no points for guessing what city i'm from

I'll just need fluorescent tape.

could anyone with a background in patternmaking tell me if its a dumb idea do take apart a cheap hoodie and use the pattern as a basis for a bomber jacket?

i wouldn't recommend it i suppose it is possible, id recommend looking for bomber patterns online as a first priority.

I cropped some black jeans. Thoughts?

bretty gud.
Good job

considering doing the bleach meme treatment on a purple hoodie

what do you all think of that type of thing?

i think you do it on a black hoodie and it turns that purple color. Could be wrong tho

They used a purple nike club crew sweatshirt, pic related. before and after.

am curious about how it would go if you used black though.

cringe

Try it, using something cheap of course, then modify the patterns to fit your desire

You're going to have to make multiple prototypes, but that's with any diy sewing job

Bonus points if you use tyvek

you can buy home screen printing kits online. i know i own a speedball brand one that worked well. recently i found a sign shop near me that allows me to use their screen printer for free

I have a really badly made punk vest and as of now I don't really wear it, but I'm wondering what would happen if I soaked the entire thing (pins excluded of course) in bleach/water. Would it just fade or eat away at the stitching of what? pic is the vest

Please this must be a joke

I feel like dying it black would be more fitting, but you do you

Polyester won't respond well to bleach while anything cotton will fade and wool will disintegrate

So you might end up with green/ black trim, depends on what the stitching is made of

To continue the tyvek bullshit, the m43 could use some tweaking, but i can easily adjust the pattern and i'll see if i can make a proper cap in canvas or something

I've run out of tyvek, but i did manage to make a pencil bag out of scraps

it's a good and a bad idea
a good idea because you'll be using something you know that fits you properly
but a bad idea because the hoodie is a knit and typical bombers are made of woven fabric, so you'll most likely have to adjust the pattern for the bomber a few times to get it right for the fabric you use

thumbnail looked like the rat circumcision for a second

it's moleskin, thanks for the info though

Got a pair of all black converse and want to change em a bit. How does it sound if I replace the black laces with white ones and change the sole to white, but leave the toecap black. Basically like pic related. On top of that, I was thinking of doing some drawings in white on the black canvas of the shoe. Nothing too elaborate. What do you guys think? Kinda new to diy'ing stuff.

Restoring an old Mickey mouse watch

Got everything working good, but when I was trying to snap the back into place i broke the crystal

It was plastic though so whatever

I need to get a new band, any recs? Default was brown with gold lock

Black bleaches out into a burnt orange/reddish color that I personally find really ugly

But try bleaching an old black tshirt or something to see for yourself

I'll pay you 500$ for a Tyvek backpack

Sounds bad, it won't look like pic related at all, you can't change the color of rubber. Please don't draw on them, unless you're in middle school.

>I was thinking of doing some drawings in white on the black canvas of the shoe. Nothing too elaborate. What do you guys think? Kinda new to diy'ing stuff.
never a fan of this

Black square on white T.

terrible

goed commentaar man, donder op naar je nederdraad op /int/.

Did you use overlock the black square?

handstitched it the most plain way possible

kek vergeten weg te halen

overdone m e m e design, reminds me of 'the sting' tier graphics.
tshirt quality looks sub par, fit is v mediocre, slightly too long in the body but the looks of it

all there is to it tbqh.

fascinating, thanks

Want to try something like this sometime.

Dude/Gozer, isn't 'The Sting' only a shop in the Netherlands? I wouldn't call it 'meme'. It's a simple and boring thing.

I have pic related jeans.

The staining is over the top and incoherent, but I was hoping to bleach them to get them more homogenous. anyone have a link to a decent tutorial for bleaching pants?

somewhere I think I should start off with washing them on hot (60C, 140F) to see whether that removes most dye, to then soak them in bleach for couple of hours.

hard mode: can this be done without a bath tub?

ah yes, the "I'm a fucking fashion victim" aesthetic.

>isn't 'The Sting' only a shop in the Netherlands?
It is so, I think.
probably
>I wouldn't call it 'meme'. It's a simple and boring thing.
fair. regardless, I admire the fact went out to take the time to materialize a vision.

hahahhahaha you actually wrote YZY on them too, good b8 user

Only guy I know who used fire to distress pants. I would prefer not to go this extreme though. Are those safety pins keeping the pants together.... Lmao

if you want to stitch leather properly youll need a special sewing machine, they dont come cheap.

omg................................................

LOOK AT MY LEEEGTH...;)
seriously.... what the fuck? is the bottom half getting ready to have a dick thrust inside?
what kind of retarded photography is this.
i hate fashion.

Damn, that looks incredible. Is there a tutorial?

these just look dirty as hell, nothing fashionable about them

Have never seen a picture of someone just standing in these.

go on /r/streetwear and sort by top/all time, the post is up there, there's a tutorial in the comment with pictures

the pins ruin it

too much thunder thighs for me today