Tattoo Inspo

Post some Veeky Forums and/or cool tattoos and stuff

Dope, check out Ian Levine from Ukraine if you like that, too lazy to put pic of his stuff

save most of mine from Veeky Forums now that I'm no longer /tumblr/ these days

how good are tattoo artists?
im scared if there is one tiny mistake on a fairly simple tattoo i will literally stare at it for decades only seeing the slight wrong angle or mark over the line.

Dude, people always think about that when they're getting their first tattoo, so the suggestion i give is: do it in a place where you won't see every time, in a few weeks you'll completely forget about it and any errors that might occur
Thing is, there's no perfect tattoo, but do your research on good artists in your region

good advice, i also considered getting a few around the same few months, so it would be more like a collected work, and i wouldnt notice anything too specific

i think i just gotta get it

I've gone through this same thought process with every tattoo of mine. Going through it right now with my most recent piece. But like said, there will always be tiny imperfections in every tattoo

I've got some linework that isn't 100% straight and I've always gone to the best artist in my city. It's just inevitable, but you get over the minor imperfections eventually

ehh i might not get over it tee bee aitch

btw are thai buddhist tattoos effay if i legit study under a thai buddhist nun?

If it isn't being inked by a legitimate Thai Buddhist or whatever then I'd say no

yeah senpai

You're gonna get the exact tattoo someone else has? Why? Don't you want to be original, or do you not care?

Genuinely curious.

it would be a monk. bamboo poked. would it be more effay to only get it when ordained, the way they get it, or good enough to just bribe?

i have no problem getting the exact tattoo someone else has, what works is good, and being original and unique doesn't have much value to me

Not that guy, but I never understood why people cared so much about this. You're never going to cross paths with the person you're copying the ink from. As long as it looks good, the only person who would know is you

can someone answer me this

is it weird or stupid to get a tattoo that youve seen on someone else? (online)

Ive wanted this tattoo since forever but i dont want to copy someone else

what do

kek oops should of read thread before asking fuck

i think literally zero people give a flying fuck

Got this while drunk, at least no one can see it since I don't usually wear sandals.

get it. but you will know it was copied. there is a extremely extremely slight chance someone will see you duplicated someone else and think that is annoying. it won't matter.

If your serious about the beliefs I think thats more important than who does it. If your getting it as a fashion statement and then "study" under a monk for half a day and never think about it again, your just doing it for looks and that seems kinda shitty in my books

Fair enough—I should have considered how different peoples values can be. Personally, I see a tattoo as an extremely direct act of self expression and therefore by copying another's tat, you're proclaiming your very own lack of originality, of individuality.

*have

And why?

I like the classic style tattoos that bikers get because they are timeless. I've been thinking about getting pic related somewhere on my back or ribs.

How'd I do senpai?

Aww fuck you it fixed
F
A
M
For me

Either way... Thoughts?

It's not weird nor stupid. But DO NOT print that exact picture out and take it to a tattoo artist. They aren't legally aloud to copy/pasta other tattoos (at least in Michigan they aren't idk).

gonna give myself a tiny little stick n poke paw print on my ankle for my dog that passed away a couple months ago. picked up some pig skin at an oriental market today to practice on.
similar size to pic related, but in a slightly different style and different placement.

how do you guys figure out placement, particularly on arms

having trouble deciding where to get my next tattoo

This looks fucking atrocious your arm looks like a wallpaper for a coffee shop where ironic teenagers go to blow $14 on just one cup.

If I wasn't a pussy, I would get a tattoo of a smiley face on the bottom of my big toe. That way, when I'm in the morgue, the mortician will go to hang the little tag on my foot, see the tattoo, and crack up laughing. It'll be the coolest thing they see in the morgue that week.

I can only imagine the agony of the needle going through the tough, callused skin of my toe. Nvm that aftercare will be difficult and it will wear off. I have a juvenile mistake in taste on the fat part of my upper arm and that was easier than going to the dentist, but there are some areas that give me the "no" feeling.

nice furry pride tattoo

Spooky, 8/10 execution

Fenrir son of Loki, breaker of chains, devourer of the sun and moon, Odin slayer

His tattoos are pretty Veeky Forums, not bad film too

lol kys

go eat tyrs hand

Haha pretty good trips for it

someone mentioned a barcode tattoo last thread

I saw one IRL and OH_BOY.gif does it look bad

Lol its actually a stain on a bus window but if I touched it up in a drawing it could look like 2 dancers

I think it's pretty cool

Tattoos on the sole do not hurt, like, at all, but it does wear off, so your morgue idea wouldn't work unless you retouched it every month

Weeb

so you draw every tattoo yourself?

yeah but to non-weebs it's still a cool design

non-weeb here, nope.
looks like you painted a tribal tattoo on a sphere

Actually I'd argue it's more Veeky Forums to get a Thai buddhist tattoo just for the aesthetics. Actually practicing or studying buddhism is not Veeky Forums at all.

That is pretty cool. Do it man. Do it before some asshole user tells you it's shit.

> I see tattoos as an extremely direct act of self expression...

Why do you believe this?

Honestly that's really cool. I've been on the kick lately of trying to appreciate purely surface level appeal (how something looks, how something sounds, the direct story a book tells, rather than why it all "means" a level down) and this tattoo is like the epitome of that paradigm: you saw a literal stain that was aesthetically pleasing, and can now turn it into something with a more pleasant (arguably artistic) context

How quickly does a sole tattoo wear off?

not mine, but i really enjoy minimalist tattoos

I really fucking like snakes. Anyone have good snake tat inspo?

>thoughts
I'm hungry but I don't feel like cooking. I'm also tired but im too preoccupied about the hunger to fall asleep. Your tattoo looks trite desu

yoooooooooo ive got seele

how is two thick black bands minimalist
it's huge and ugly

if you want minimalism don't get tattoos
or get ones that are, you know, minimal

I love this, user. keep living life like you want to c:

My friend got this today, it looks pretty sweet imo

Line work looks like garbage

What religion is effay then?

heres mine

kek, i like it though

this

noice

dude get a life you are obsessive and sad

what to get on my knuckles?

Not him but I see it similarly. Unlike clothing or a hairstyle, tattoos are a decision you're stuck with pretty much permanently.
I personally could never get a tattoo that didn't mean anything to me other than for aesthetic value I'd eventually grow out of.

good shit. I deliberated between seele and leliel and went with leliel

Love this. Ito is great in general

10/10

As said, the line work looks pretty bad. If you're looking at it as a whole, it looks pretty good

whats more Veeky Forums:

tattoos only on forearms, hands, neck, generally visible places and none on chest

OR

tattoos covering entire chest and other generally covered areas that can be revealed all at once

But that one has terrible placement and bad execution. I'm sure it would look alright if you put it in the right place and owned it.

face and neck tattoos only

been debating getting a tattoo of the Jostar birthmark in its rightful place of course, it borderline weeby but its also just a star so im on the fence.

Evangelion isn't even that good

fucking siiiiick

Is it this exact one? You can find a bunch of Classical and Hellenistic sculpture with similar faces

That amount of shading requires a lot of maintenance

i think tattoos on the back of the hand or knuckles are super neat, but can they work if you don't have some kind of sleeve leading up to it? i've only ever seen them in that situation

>BRO YOU LIKE BRING ME THE HORIZON???? SICC DUDE!

This user is beyond correct. That's exactly what I did with my first. I spent months finding the right artist, but even then, having it out of sight/out of mind worked wonders for that stress

Another non weeb seconding this. Looks like shit

nah i didnt know it was a anime thing and like it looks like shit SHIT

looks like ppoop

>tattooing literally the most ugly rapier
>not getting a based pappenheimer instead

I once saw a guy walking with a tat with three bands similar to your pic, couldn't think anything else besides the three stripes of adidas

nah m8 im none of that

>tfw seriously been considering getting 'live slow'
>but in cirth runes

Thanks man you too :)

Same desu

probably a few months

palm of hand is like 6 months. top of toes wears out in less than a year

You didn't really get Tumblr tier if Tim Burton made Pokemon art did you

>tfw went into a shop and wanted to get waldo and odlaw on the bottoms of my feet
>they told me it wasnt a good idea on account of the fading
>i told them i thought itd be funny

i know itd hurt like a bitch too. top of my foot got kinda bad towards the toes. anyone here have knee tats? i think those are next for me

HAND