How does Veeky Forums shave?

How does Veeky Forums shave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3PAXN2G3NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like pic related

electric shave
cant be arsed since i gave up on finding a relationship

I put shaving cream on my face and run a razor over it, removing the hair on my face.

The guy in the OP doesn't even have a beard.

this tbqh

but choppy stubble looks bad.

Damn that's a shit lather
No self respect at all desu

With a meat cleaver.

With DR Harris Windsor soap, a Mühle Synthetic Silvertip brush, and an Iwasaki kamisori.

I use a Kanayama #50000 Strop.

That blade makes me nervous.

are you autistic or whats the deal

nude

No, I don't think so. I just like a good shave.

I epilate for unparalleled smoothness

Are you a grill going for those silky smooth legs? :^)

just a boi for silky smooth face

Isn't that... Isn't that quite painful?

not at all now
but cant do my moustache i use tweezers for that

Don't ruin your face you fagget, shave like a normal man and maybe people will wanna talk to you.

is that fucking linus

I'll be keking at this thread for a bunch of misinformation like usual, shave threads on Veeky Forums are utter shit

Mind sharing some good information, then?

does it make you nervous because you are tempted to slit your wrist with it?

like pic related

>tfw member of the nude-shaving master race

I dunno ask a q get an a

same except I don't even have a proper electric shaver, I use head clippers on my face

Soap or cream and why?

I shave upside down.

literally have that exact razor and brush

For me, soap. There are definitely great creams out there, but I just personally prefer how soap behaves and it's harder consistency. Also, you can get great soaps at low prices, while great creams are usually pricey-tier (i.e. Castle Forbes). In addition to that, cheap creams are full of long ingredients and sometimes chemicals whereas soaps often have a super minimal list of ingredients.

I fucking suck at shaving, and my skin hurts after, so I don't, and i have the weakest blonde prepubescent facial hair possible

Other user here, what if one has to choose between trash like canned foam or gel? Is there any difference?

I think it's cool man. Just don't go around telling people you shave with a blade like that or they might think you're autismo or tryhard.

Different guy. What's a good site to get info from? Tried wicked edge on reddit but all they did was jack each other off and post may mays.

I've been in the wet shaving meme for so long that I haven't used my canned goo in ages, I literally can't answer your question user I have no clue.

wicked edge is pretty shit, there are forums with a bunch of old guys on them... on reddit there's also /r/wetshaving, their wiki is pretty expansive. What info are you looking for user? When I started, I personally just searched products then watched a few youtube videos.

With a bar of soap and a blunt spoon.

I'm not a poorfag so I don't really need to save up on shaving using those double or straight razors.

I use gel because to me it just feels like it does a better job of hydrating the skin and gives a smoother shave.

Look up tutorials half the work is making sure the blade and your face is wet and going slow so you don't mess up.

Who the fuck shaves?

I'd fall for the full patrician DE soap with Arctic Fox Fur shaving brush meme thing but the initial investment is still quite high.
Thanks, thought so. I think I might be able to pick up shaving cream in a local shop though, that's better still right?

that blade's pretty small and minimal though.

for pure efficiency's sake, it's a lot better than a DE or mach 3 or disposables or whatever else. it's more reasonable to naturally come to it than all the badger hair brush shit.

How do i achieve very short stubble like pic related?Hair trimmer only cuts my facial hair to 3mm which is fairly long

Can you take the comb off your trimmer? Most go down to 0.5 mm without the comb.

That's too short,i think 1mm or 2mm would be optimal but it's literally the only length i can't achieve

Sorry senpai, can't think of any other way other than buying another trimmer.

You're probably right,i should do that

disposable razor in the shower

I rode the beard bandwagon for a few years but a year or two back when I started seeing it on jersey shore type guidos I knew it was time to stop

Could be that you are pushing too much towards your skin?
Are you using a safety razor? I switched to feather-blades (super sharp razor blades) and eased back the force against my cheek as much as possible. Now I rarely ever have cases of razor burn.

The investment really isn't high at all these days, the market had a race to the bottom. Get a synthetic brush, a cheap razor, a decent soap, and a blade sampler and you're good to go.

Will any razor work as long as it looks well built? I'll try finding one in shops near me. I definitely saw some cream for sale, no soap sadly.

like this
youtube.com/watch?v=y3PAXN2G3NE

Not really user, buying online is usually your best bet these days. Which country are you in?

Latvia. It's almost impossible to find good shaving stuff in actual stores, it's all Gillette with 17 blades and canned stuff. Buying online is kinda difficult with shipping etc, but probably the only and best option really.

I can't grow a beard.

Sup Latvian friend! My dad's side is from Latvia, visited when I was a kid.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to stuff that's available in the EU because I'm in Canada. Locally you should be able to find your standard department store stuff (Nivea, Palmolive, etc). Lots of good blades are manufactured in Eastern Europe/Russia and are available in bulk for great prices off eBay. As for online vendors, something from the UK is your best bet. I'd do a quick search for shops in Latvia (which I can't do because of the language). Just a bummer because kits are available for really cheap in the US.

that is a terrible fucking lather. you need to use way less water and lather for significantly longer

agreeing with the recommendation for soap over cream, with the caveat being that if you use a 3 band or silvertip badger brush, loading up a soap will probably take a while. save the $300 simpson brush for the creams

I prefer to face lather with a reasonably stiff boar brush like the semogue owner's club in pic related.

settled on gillette super stainless (the russian, not indian ones) after trying a few different blades. derbys were just way too dull.

mitchell's wool fat is the goat soap. easy to lather (at least for me, but where I live has very soft water) and leaves an amazing slickness on the skin, as well as smelling pretty great in its own way.

>mitchell's wool fat is the goat soap
Lies, it's good but the GOAT soaps are Italian soft soaps -- Panna Crema, or the Valobra soft.

I also like the Valobra hard soaps, but you can tell pretty much right away that they don't lather as easily or thickly.

I shave with some really cheap kit, but upgrading soon.
Have you tried the Semogue 1305? Been looking between the one you have and the 1305
Also how much for the Mitchell's with the bowl?

I'm the guy fromHave you tried Proraso's soaps? If so, opinions?

>Have you tried Proraso's soaps? If so, opinions?
No I haven't, they seem kinda unfairly meme to me, lots of people swear by their preshave but I use the TOBS oil instead.

Also >how much for the Mitchell's with the bowl?
£15-£20 depending on where you get it, just look up Amazon or some shit, would be basically supernatural if nobody there has free shipping for it

I can't grown any real facial hair so I just run an electric shaver over my face every week or two.

just started watching the show
pretty good aside the petty hs drama

>shit lather
>no discernible stubble
>babby face
>takes selfies of himself shaving

Thank you so much!

I use some barbasol with aloe and a safety razor. I don't care enough to make my own lather.

there's no reason to ever have facial hair.
remove it permanently with IPL and save your time.
also better for your skin because you don't have to do some cruel mechanical peeling every morning where you put a knife to your face.

Isn't Barbasol used to clean guns too?

I just use cheap barbasol canned foam with aloe. It doesn't really matter that it has aloe though, it doesn't really interact with the skin much. I just use a decent cartridge razor and shave. It's five minutes out of my day and I don't want to do any reddit tier shit and waste time and money.
After shaving I use a foaming cleanser, a benzoyl and salicylic wash to control any acne, then a rejuvenating face mask and then a hydrating cream, and finally a protective lotion with spf30.
So I don't really care what my cream does, I just want it to be quick. I have an actual routine anyway.

No my man,

>remove it permanently with IPL and save your time.

How painful is that compared to laser hair removal?

You're a big guy.

Who epilates their scalp?

Oh, I get the diagram. Turns out I'm retarded.

4 U

Masochists.

user...

crying out of one eye

more painful

regular Gillette razor after a shower
no shaving cream or aftershave

Shower, Dove white soap, Lubriderm immediately afterwards.
Dry with a 3-week old towel and consider using a fresh one.
Sniff towel.
Smells alright to me.
Schick 3-blade whatever-the-fuck-it's-called.
Barbasol Aloe.
Remove excess cream with (m)old towel.
Lubriderm Men's lotion immediately afterwards.

Water here is hard as fuck (New Mexico woohoo), so that may be a factor. But I've never had clearer skin or a smaller penis, so obviously something is working.