You are now a mod and have to clean this place up

You are now a mod and have to clean this place up.

What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11184256#p11184402
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ban eliza
>ban hypebeasts
>ban shills
>rule with an iron fist

I delete this thread

>create and sticky runway show threads to induce exposure
>a specific picture could only be posted once a week so inspo threads won't be the same shit every single time
>have a rolling sticky WAYWT

Ban everyone ugly
Ban everyone with shit fits
Outlaw "w2c" and "is this Veeky Forums?" threads
Close down Veeky Forums

use a broom

No thinspo threads, no face rate threads, no is "x" fashionable threads

The majority of discussion should be designer clothing, and niche styles like techwear

Hair threads not posted in a hair general deleted

All threads with casey deleted immediately and issue ban every single time

We can even do without waywt threads

trip codes / alias users are banned immediately

ban eliza

1. Forced user
2. is ____ Veeky Forums threads banned
3. what are Veeky Forums ____ threads banned

Filter the word "effay" to "hip with the kids"

more muh dick core threads

Ban any discussion of cigarettes, movies, music, anything that belongs on another board.

Agreed

keep waywts and trips

you cant call yourself a fashion board w/o a waywt and frequently posting ***good and knowledgeable and fashionable*** trips really help towards fostering regular, on-topic, and incisive convos (timber, twerk, pigfuck, anorak, dada, even controversial ppl like the onani gang and poet contribute to it too). look at the times where we didnt have a healthy, non-shit trip community (like for the last year) and you can see how garbage everything is

hair and face generals dont have any place here straight up. your face has nothing to do with fashion go post in /soc/ if you want to fish for compliments. hair threads are just shitty transparent excuses to post faces

If someone posts a picture of themselves - delete and consider ban

If a picture of a person is posted that is not obviously a runway photo or a model, or someone at NYFW (street style) should be deleted

Like someone else said, rule with an iron fist. Delete first and ask questions later.

True. Trips have a purpose, but outside of waywt threads we do not need to see what they look like, and threads shouldn't be started around trip users or forced trip drama, or birthday samefagging entire threads

Yeah, I also agree about no hair threads. If you don't know how to style your own hair you need to hang out on reddit desu

>pigfuck
>non-controversial
>fostering inclusive and on-topic conversations

?????

anyway, get with the times. fresher/still active trips include fabricman, intern, laser, nahk, sthlm, birthday, sieg, bateman...

Obvious /pol/ bait and anything pigeonholing an entire group of people needs to be deleted and have bans issued immediately even if it's initially posted in a complimenting way as someone will flip over it and derail a thread

ban anyone using the word "meme" "cuck" "core" and "wave"

>Trips have a purpose,

No, they don't. Forced user is better historically.

BAN ALL TRICKY RICKY POSTS
BAN ALL MEME SMITH POSTS
BAN CP GENERALS

I think that'd be a good start

It's fine as long as all hair shit is in one thread. Then you can just minimize it

immediately ban anyone shitposting with any rick owens clothes (geobaskets are fine) and any other shit worn strictly on runways that no normal person in their right mind would ever actually a) buy and b) wear

Not body threads though. Veeky Forums bodies and Veeky Forums body goals are completely different

Permaban Sieg

Have an automatic 24 hour ban for posts with the format 'Is ___ effay' or similar
Ban for 3 days for those 'You have been visited by the ___. Good fortune etc will come to you if you post ___ in this thread' images
Ban for 30 days for shills, if they do it again permanent ban
Only one WAYWT, Cop or Not, BST up at a time

this is a pretty good idea
the sticky should be pretty small, i think, like 400-500 posts max

I support this.

>have a rolling sticky WAYWT

Agree.

EASY
end all waifu threads
end all thinspo threads
ban all trips

This

The /effay/ meme needs to die already.

Permaban Malissafags

No ban WAYWT. Everything it used to offer is now covered by fuccboi general. it's long been a containment thread for newfag cancer, and you can't contain cancer on the same board, they'll just encourage each other and then spill over.

>people wanting to ban music and film threads
>not realising how much fashion and those things intertwine

I get that there's /mu/ and /tv/ but those are not the same as the threads we have. I do agree on cigarettes and 'is __ Veeky Forums?'

Also ban facerate threads. This isn't r9k.

>Ban for 3 days for those 'You have been visited by the ___. Good fortune etc will come to you if you post ___ in this thread' images

hello newfag. these serve the purpose of dubsposting after dubposting was banned, which had served the purpose of sagebombs after sagebombs were banned, which served the purpose of CP & gore dumps after CP & gore dumps were banned.

it's to shut down cancerous threads. ignore & filter is not an solution. imageboard communities always need to self-moderate, they always fall as soon as powertripping mods try to stop them and open the gates to cancer.

damn yall goofy asses still believing that fat motherfucker posting eliza all the time is her, she posted a video on youtube saying it wasn't her doing it baka

this. a smart mod would allow Eliza as a trap. any newfags who responds to would get a 1 year ban forcing them to fucking lurk. cancer would be cleaned up in a week.

Close down the board. Permanently. So these fucking incompetent losers can fuck off to somewhere else

>Ban for 3 days for those 'You have been visited by the ___. Good fortune etc will come to you if you post ___ in this thread' images
you obviously dont understand the purpose of those images

Explaim what you think the purpose of them is, beyond shitposting, and I'll explain why they're still completely unnecessary.

informal social control

Ban everyone who talks shit before showing fit

ban new/fa/g posters

i got a 24 hour ban for posting a "you have been visited..." thread last month if it makes you feel better.

uuhhh... having people spam the same thing over and over?
great system man

good. keep your offtopic shitposting in /b/

too bad it wasnt permanent

Ban the 'w2c' threads.

90% are obviously just people trying to sell their shitty dad caps

>offtopic shitposting to counter offtopic shitposting
i don't see the problem

cmon im a decent poster otherwise

prove it

I would delete any anime/art thread that is made up of more than 50% reposts by tumblr artists and webshops attempting to advertise themselves

So sick of that shit

I'm sorry I'm an idiot,

what's a rolling sticky waywt?

>hair threads are just shitty transparent excuses to post faces
I've never understood people that don't block out their face when posting hair

>all hair shit is in one thread. Then you can just minimize it
this is solid,

there would be one stickied thread that has a max of 500 posts or some other arbitrary number. every new post would bump off the oldest post

It's better than having a cancerous thread stick around like the flag thread, gun thread, cigarette thread, etc all on the first two pages right now.

>i got a 24 hour ban for posting a "you have been visited..." thread

That's because you don't make those the OP you idiot. You post them in shitty threads so the threads are ruined.

>No ban WAYWT. Everything it used to offer is now covered by fuccboi general. it's long been a containment thread for newfag cancer, and you can't contain cancer on the same board, they'll just encourage each other and then spill over.

So you'd rather have 500 threads a day where newfag OP posts a shitty fit than one containment thread for all that with occasional conversation?

>people wanting to ban music and film threads
>not realising how much fashion and those things intertwine

But there's never any discussion of how they intertwine, like at all. If the thread was "post outfits from films" that would be one thing. With music it's worse in that people just post albums they like with no discussion at all, fashion related or not.

I get that there's a lot of overlap between fashion and aesthetics, but without discussion, it's a shitty thread. "That's one effay gun right there" "No it's shit, not effay at all" is the limit of conversation in these threads and that is why they are cancerous.

Report, hide, move on
Read the rules thoroughly (there aren't many to be honest) and report whatever falls out of line. I do and a lot of threads get deleted from it

Please mods do all of this. Or make this guy a mod lol

but effay is the far superior way of saying Veeky Forums

Hah, we only have one board specific rule:

Veeky Forums - Fashion

1. Images and discussion should pertain to fashion and apparel.

So I guess it's settled then, cigarettes are not Veeky Forums.

Definitely cigs and music, but there are most definitely Veeky Forums movies with good fits / aesthetic

Wanna improve inspo threads? Look deep for new inspo then spend time posting pics
Then start a mega or Google drive account with your shit so that everybody can see it
This board won't improve by banning people who repost pics from Take Ivy, even if that's a daily occurrence

Read the global rules
And those threads aren't fashion related and can constitute spam
They get deleted occasionally...the sticky even says "don't start threads like that" but people do anyway

Delete and ban for any of the following
>what's the most Veeky Forums [...]
>is [...] fa?
>posts clearly formulated by insecure scared teenage boys
>posts asking for where to get cheap [...]
>waifu posting
>Any discussion of how to get laid
>face rate threads
>posts about individuals (trips etc) that aren't related to the fashion industry
>discussions of bodies and which are best etc
>memes
>what is this called?
>what should I wear with this?
>I need [...], please buy clothing for me
>I want [...] but for 1/10th of the price
>nostalgia
>hilarious troll posts in waywts
>LONDON
>boy or girl?
That should cover it.

>Read the global rules

Like I said, we have only one ~board specific~ rule.

1) we have our own memes so I don't exactly know what point you're trying to make
2) although I've never gone through a face rate thread before, I do appreciate that they're active containment threads....see nothing wrong there

But most of the posts you don't like violate a goal rule
Get posts, memes, anything nsfw, spam, advertisement, anything suggestive of a raid, macro image replies, etc

All of these are good.

Maybe add a sticky for fictional inspo? Put video game, TV, film, anime, whatever fashion in there.

For a board solely about fashion it doesn't really focus on runway and the like.

why do you need seperate inspo threads? It's connected to each other.

>But most of the posts you don't like violate a goal rule

Who do you think I am? The only threads I really have problems with are shit like "Veeky Forums cigarettes, wallpapers, albums" etc that have nothing to do with fashion.

Absolutely nothing.

Veeky Forums has always been a beautiful mess, over-moderation tends to fuck that up. I'd rather have 100 dumb threads get posted and made fun of rather than someone running around with a proverbial battle axe chopping peoples' heads off for "off topic" discussions.

i'd ban anyone who shows one of the following traits

>virgin
>/pol/ tier beliefs
>doesn't drink
>doesn't have any friends
>hates women

everything automatically gets a thousand times better without stupid fucking virgin nerds with asperger

Should have clarified, you can post memes in context of course but don't start a thread solely for it.

Face rate threads belong in /soc/, simple as that. They are also part of the whole teenagers seeking validation shitshow that has nothing to do with the discussion of fashion unless you're actively discussing the interaction of the face and the clothing as in a face being suitable to a style or not.

>Veeky Forums has always been a beautiful mess, over-moderation tends to fuck that up.

This is a pretty dumb and historically inaccurate perspective applied to boards other that /b/. Blue boards in the past have had good communities because of the silent work of moderators not tolerating idiots flinging shit.

Just because you are fine with 100 shitty threads doesn't mean the average user should have to wade through them. This is a board with a topic. Users come here (in theory) to discuss this topic. If you want your beautiful mess fuck off to /b/. Oh that's right though, /b/ has been shit for the past 10 years and the blue boards don't have to go along with that if they don't want to.

IP ban all previous mods

Clearly you were run out of vg at one point

Yeah like I said I've never actually gone through a face rate thread but assumed they weren't full of frog posters based on the image count...apparently that's not the case

leave this place, there is no further hope

post with other fora: warosu.org/fa/thread/S11184256#p11184402

Honestly, there's no other image board about fashion where I don't need to sign up and where I can post anonymously. Maybe infinitychan, but that board is not active or better.

Not entirely historically inaccurate. Part of what got Veeky Forums popularity (on both blue and orange boards) over SA back in the day was the former's lenience and the latter's overmoderation. Hell, SA has only recently been able to un-fuck itself in that regard, and it's near-dead as a result of that fiasco.

I don't disagree that - in a perfect world - it's a good thing to have moderators patrolling the boundaries of the subject matter of these boards. The problem is, that gets incredibly slippery. I don't personally think I could come up with a reasonable distinction between "on topic" and "off topic" that could properly handle threads discussing - for example - whether phone backgrounds are fashionable, or the fashion of old computers generally, or even just whether dumb questions should be relegated to fuccboi general threads (which are, incidentally, far from obviously the place to ask random questions 95% of the time).

When faced with that sort of uncertainty, I'm much more comfortable erring on the side of lenience. If we over-moderate, we risk becoming Reddit, where ideological power-tripping becomes the norm and new users are discouraged from participating. Or, worse yet, SA, where - back in the day - weird fucking basement dweller mods would ban users for weird inconsequential "violations."

I personally don't see this as a huge issue, though. It's an anonymous image board, having shitty threads isn't some sort of huge issue.

I think a lot of what you describe as wrong with SA and reddit stems from a lack of anonymity. People have online personalities on those sites (kind of like you try to have here with your tripcode) and when those users are given power they abuse it and try to make it their little clubhouse. Yes, they overmoderate and fuck their websites over for average users not in the mods good graces for not jacking off to them enough.

That's the beauty of anonymous image board culture though. The mods are anonymous and work in the background with almost no visible moderation.

Yeah there's a risk of moderators opinions differing from the majority of users. Maybe some mod thinks phone backgrounds are an appropriate topic and I don't. Whatever, as you opine, we can ignore shitty threads, but that's not the point. We can reduce the number of shitty threads and actually regain some of the good aspects of an anonymous community that have historically been present on less trafficked boards on this site.

>The problem is, that gets incredibly slippery. I don't personally think I could come up with a reasonable distinction between "on topic" and "off topic" that could properly handle threads discussing

It's not our fault you don't have the common sense to decide that phone wallpapers are not related to fashion and threads about them belong on the board expressly dedicated to wallpapers. Mods don't have to be as silly about this as you are being. There is a line that can be drawn and we have passed it.

Do you think there is any board on Veeky Forums that is overmoderated?

Edit the sticky to direct stupid questions to fuccboi general

ban theo and huck the cuck posts

Good ideas but I think sometimes it is useful to post a picture more than one a week, for example if you want to post in a tech wear thread bit someone posted it five days ago on an unrelated thread that would be a problem

rolling WAYWT sticky and that would be integrated with new cops
Rolling w2c sticky integrated with c/n threads
Encourage reporting of shit posts/ ban is x effay posts or clear bait. Encourage users to sage shitpost if they must reply.
Hair and face stuff belongs all in one general. Still fashion related because how your facial structure and hair is interacts with outfits.
Encourage users to post w2c info on their pictures so we don't have w2c? Shitting up threads as much
Sticky some designer threads and fashion show threads
Then the rest of thread can be genuine advice or niche styles, like techwear, earthtones, whatever memewave people want to discuss.

seconding this

Are the mods even reading this thread?

remove face rate threads

For those W2C threads: First ask google, then ask Veeky Forums.

Literally this, but with more muh dick threads

no facial aesthetics or thinspo threads allowed. no "muh dick" threads (wtf is up with that lately?). im borderline on hair/skincare threads too, I'd have to think about that. I basically just want to see people talking about clothes, shoes, and accessories.

also no "is _____ Veeky Forums?" threads when the user is asking about some dumb shit unrelated to fashion.

Stop people from treating the board as a self help forum.
All people posting in above type threads will be decapitated and their heads strung to a poncho to ward off others.
Runway collections will cycle on a slide show above the sticky.

Delete any thread that belongs in the fuccboi general

Seriously so many fucking threads are shitty, basic questions which belong in the fuccboi general.

also it would have to be made more obvious what the fuccboi general is for

But it doesn't shut down those threads, it floats them to the top of the board and because Veeky Forums is not as fast as /b/, they tend to linger for more than 24 hours.