Post-punk/rocker/artsy fuck general inspo

now that saint laurent has been ruined, post your favorite inspiration in the same flavor

i of course use that "distinction" lightly

have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bh-lvwryJng
youtube.com/watch?v=EWppZbbQFMo
youtube.com/watch?v=ygzHm0S9X0U
youtube.com/watch?v=MpcfaFtIsrg
youtube.com/watch?v=aI1-PCCJHAg
youtube.com/watch?v=4H79mJ02J1w
youtube.com/watch?v=BM94wWTuomA
youtube.com/watch?v=dFbb_yh6Akg
youtube.com/watch?v=H3UTpY-6q_w
youtube.com/watch?v=2s0qS-HE6m0
youtube.com/watch?v=c3IwChRzAoY
youtube.com/watch?v=1mZfi0oY_KA
youtube.com/watch?v=dBLgZNFVCUA
youtube.com/watch?v=pNVEbleRdgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You have no clue what post punk is.

YSL was ruined when hedi got there

Why start with post punk? I have a feeling you know none of these genres let alone listen to them

an artsier version of punk, which one would think fits into that. the slp aesthetic isn't as strict as everyone seems to think it is.
because i tend to like what those kinds of bands wear.

yeesh. you two aren't being very nice.

>[post punk is] an artsier version of punk

>an artsier version of punk
that's like saying post-rock is an artsier version of rock

>Starting a subculture fashion thread and not expecting elitist /m/ posters to trigger.

Loser, poser, faggot or all 3?

>an artsier version of punk

Is this fucking /mu/? No. I came into this thread because I want to see what people posted, not some fucktarded artists arguing about the finer points of music genres on a FASHION board.

If you want to talk about music;
Now GTFO unless you have something useful to contribute for once in your life you worthless piece of shit.

And to clarify since apparently it's too nuanced of a concept for the protozoic amoeba in your head you call a 'brain' to comprehend - your opinion on music is not "useful". It's absolutely worthless, it has no value whatsoever.

Dick measuring contest over. I'm the biggest in the room, just like in real life.

here's a list of brands op

99%is
blackmeans
tuesday night band practice
alan bilzerian
alexander mcqueen(a few pieces are rocker inspired)
blk denim
isamu katayama backlash(punk equivalent to julius)
roar, mastermind japan(thrive on their respective motifs the revolver, and the skull)
deeta, (distressed, and scab jeans)
fagassent/seigeki(I like to call it the gothic slp, because the designer is most known for making skinny jeans with amazing details, and washes.)
undercover

>not some fucktarded artists arguing about the finer points of music genres on a FASHION board.
>your opinion on music is not "useful". It's absolutely worthless, it has no value whatsoever.

I'm finally starting to see where this insecure elitism on "poser" shaming comes from, despite being a subculture against hierarchies.

bump for inspo.

not OP but this is very nice. thanks

Pic related?

You are not in the position to be angry when people point out how wrong you are, idiot.
You want to talk about fashion? Okay. Not only has post punk nothing to do with wearing leather jackets and being "rock-y", but it also goes more in the direction of American 90s emo. You chose these words merely because you thought "Durrr punk! Like leather jackets and being cool and dirty xD Like me! Woah and post. Because we are like in modern times bruh."
When I read your thread before it had any replies I already guessed you didn't know what you are talking about. And I can't think of an even more shallow and empty statement like "this genre is an artsier version of a different genre".
Be a retard elsewhere or at least read up on the words you want to use.

post rock is an artsier version of rock

>go to Godspeed You! Black Emperor concert
>expect a lot of well dressed young people
>mostly fat middle aged men

welp

fuck op

post crust

tfw no scab backpack

> being this upset
> not having embraced total apathy in 2016

exactly, if you're gonna be a total poser at least do some research beforehand

>but it also goes more in the direction of American 90s emo

What the hell are you talking about?

>post-punk
I think you have that mixed up with post-hardcore buddy. do some research before coming in here trying to criticize everyone.

posting some inspo

thread derailed
by op himself nonetheless

>Bauhaus interests me

kill yourself
you have no idea about anything related to these subcultures

fucking normie faggot go buy some american apparel shit

spikes are terrible

good, becuase that particular type of hardware is studs

this thread sucks post rock inspo

>post-punk
I'm sure the late 1970s were a big century for emo.

lol we never truly got to see hedi do haute couture
ysl wasn't ruined
rtw was definitely flipped into a targeted image though

this is really nice

fuck off faggot, lurk and then come and post. Dont try to excuse your ignorance with nonsense shit

also, music and fashion go hand by hand, so if you dont know about one, you dont know about the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=bh-lvwryJng
I literally dress like that IRL

Well, post-punk is very vague and even though I've been listening to a lot of music from the 80's I still can't define it well.

>beta toyko "anarchists"

fucking kek

god damn, raves and clubs were so effay back then, they're so relaxed. Mow is full of kids trying way too hard to be cool and fit in to impress their underage friends

julian casablancas post - first impressions of earth is pretty good

painted leather jackets, fucked / ripped up jeans + jacket, greasy long hair and a ton of cool rings

this is more military goof core imo

The real stuff

>crust
No no, that's clearly post-punk. See, it's like punk, just a bit artsier.

lel

I don't think Japanese people can into punk for the most part these two being good examples. They look like they are wearing a costume they picked up in a magazine. Which is likely exactly what happened.
Pic related, this is as Punk as it gets.

hello unty

>not posting the goat

thats because his Japanese examples are of "tokyofashion" they are cosplaying.
look up zyanose, life amd system fucker for actual examples.

oh yeah we post punk

Eduardo Benavente is a god.

You are confusing the genre with the teen culture. Emo is a genre of music that existed earlier and has nothing to do with the edgy 00s teen culture "emo", where people listen to post-hardcore.
Shut the fuck up if you have no clue.

>wearing a mask as a crust punk

So let me get this straight.Even though y'all knew what OP wanted from this thread, and presumably what everyone else who clicked on it did, you all chose to shit on him for his choice of title? Instead of posting the kind of inspo we all wanted to see?

Is it summer holidays already in the US?

WHERE ARE THE OBLIGATORY NIGGERS

That's the point. He knows he wants a certain something, but he doesn't know shit about it. He doesn't know what it's called, where it comes from, what it encompasses, where its limits are, what belongs to it and what doesn't. He saw something and thought it was cool. He doesn't know where it originated from, why it became what it is or anything else about it. He just wants to benefit from it. He doesn't want to give anything back, live it, understand its idea, he just wants to pick it up like a fucking costume and discard it when it served its purpose like a loose teenage slut. He hasn't put an ounce of effort into this.
He effectively said "I have this vague idea of something cool, do my work for me Veeky Forums". Worse, he didn't just do nothing to make Veeky Forums better, he actively made Veeky Forums a worse place.

He's a fucking bandwagoning good for nothing faggot. Why the fuck should we serve everything to him on a golden platter.

>on a golden platter
you mean post images you lazy fucktard

HEY THERE FUCK FACE

This. Not bad but clearly not better than YSL pre-hedi.

>what i wear has to be relevant with what i listen to. Or at least has the same level of creativity and intelligence.
Normies and pseudo-patricians are equally ridiculous

So many labels

Margaret Howell is pretty post punk

hedi single handedly made the brand relevant again in the first place you kids have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

he literally doubled their sales revenue lmao

People like OP is the reason this faggot is popular

because it appeals to the majority more. it's like comparing aphex twin and disclosure

i'm glad i don't know him. means that i'm on the right information stream.

there is literally not a designer alive today that embodies yves more than slimane lmao

if you're not spouting off just some random fucking shit and hopping on some bandwagon with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying, name a few designers that would have done the job better

the fact that you think slimane leaving and vaccarello coming in is a good thing already proves you have no idea what you're talking about though

omg the fact that you're such a fan of a famous designer is what makes your opinions unreliable. it's like seeing a supreme fanboi defending supreme with such smart words. if your favourite designers aren't popular, then i can take you seriously. you're no match to me.

it's just a matter of taste.

Welcome to Veeky Forums
>if your favourite designers aren't popular, then i can take you seriously.

He made Fear of God

we're talking about slp here retard

any creative director who's going to head slp is going to be popular and famous

I wish my old computer wasn't dead, I had better examples, but no, Japanese don't always over do it like that.

That image makes me want to vomit.

Too much for you ? Here, take my hand
>>>r/malefashionadvice

posting some nipponpunk

>Le contrarian opinion

Holy shit. You're being such an asshole. The definition I used, while admittedly lousy, has been used by people other than me. You don't know who I am, dickface. I like the aesthetic and its offshoots. Do you want me to list the bands I like so I can have your approval, you mothefucker?

Jesus Christ.

Furthermore, what part of "I use that 'distinction' lightly" didn't get across do you? Does everyone have their jimmies in a big rustle because they can't fucking read?

I'll dump some japanese post-punk/goth

G-Schmitt
youtube.com/watch?v=EWppZbbQFMo

youtube.com/watch?v=ygzHm0S9X0U

youtube.com/watch?v=MpcfaFtIsrg

youtube.com/watch?v=aI1-PCCJHAg

youtube.com/watch?v=4H79mJ02J1w

Ill Bone

youtube.com/watch?v=BM94wWTuomA

Kokushoku Elegy

youtube.com/watch?v=dFbb_yh6Akg

youtube.com/watch?v=H3UTpY-6q_w