Im starting to become increasingly interested in clothes. But i really like "men" clothing styles...

Im starting to become increasingly interested in clothes. But i really like "men" clothing styles, that are neat and aesthetic. I absolutely have those man dresses (long t shirts) and ultra funky sneakers. On other boards like /b/ and Veeky Forums we now and then see a picture comming along of a super weirdly dressed dude who is supposedly a "typical" Veeky Forums browser... Am i in the right place here or are the stereotypes about this board true and am i better of searching for other places?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RealMenRealStyle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I absolutely have those man dresses
I absolutely HATE*

>I want to dress like my dad

Visit malefashionadvice on reddit.

My dad doesnt really dress that well.. Also i am allmost 30 and getting into business, got a gf that im pretty sure will mother my children, etc. It seems quite appropriate that i start dressing like a grown man/dad.

Honestly i think you are probably interested in dressing well rather than fashion. This is not the right place for you. Try MFA

i really hope the op pic doesnt fulfill your criteria

I like that look actually.

This place is mostly underage and 18 - 21 year olds.
Sure there is some solid advice on tbings but this is not the place for you I think.
Don't go full on mfa though. It's still reddit and you will look like a cuck, check their waywt threads.

This board could really use some older users though.

On second thought i probably would never wear a tie with that and i guess id choose a shirt that doesnt have stripes..., but overal i think its quite nice.

mfa is short for the malefashion advice? Also are there any other boards/sites?

you can try styleforum, more for the #menswear crowd like the pictures posted above. Veeky Forums is a bit dark and edgy sometimes.

It's Tom Ford, most of his collection is like that

thats not tom ford

I'd say best place to start is probably buying a trilby

>This board could really use some older users though.
Would a 25+ General just immediately die?

Here, watch these videos, Follow the advice.

youtube.com/user/RealMenRealStyle

This autistic hive isnt what you're looking for.

not that user but thank you i'm going to check this out, looks like my speed.

>This autistic hive isnt what you're looking for.
Not even trying to be a dick, but why do you stay? I looked around here today and this is a pathetic board. I mean, the shit people recommend here even I know is retarded. Is it all just 12 year olds?

But what gets me even more confused is that there are people like you that know it is complete shit and have better places to go. So why do you browse here? For laughs and the rare rare gem?

>For laughs and the rare rare gem?

Mostly. Some shit look's good and inspiring though. I'm to much of a poorfag for it anyway.

Veeky Forums is my home board though. I dont come here that regularly.

Honestly for most people, dressing like a well dressed normie will suffice.

Inspo and /ROG/

community here is terrible but at least 40 percent of the topics are actually pretty progressive/relevant/on point.
at least some of the clothes you don't like that you see here will seep down the ladder and saturate mainstream markets in 4-5 years.

the pic in OP was hip and Veeky Forums in like 2008 (although OP pic is quite poor execution), now its what normies aspire to, thats how the cycle works

I have the exact same beard, exept my mustache is blonde (thick tough but blonde)

kill me now

>Honestly for most people, dressing like a well dressed normie will suffice.
Thanks, that's all I'm shooting for. Want to look nice for work and socially, but not like I'm trying too hard. 30 is kind of a weird age because I'm old enough to not look like I'm wearing my dads dress clothing, but not sure what my adult-life look will be. I know I gotta stop wearing these autism shoes (black Chuck Tailors and Adidas and shit).

I had a gf in college that used to read The Satoralist (s/p), this guy who went around New York shooting people. That OP photo reminds me of stuff I saw on there (yeah like 2007-8).

She used to dress me, but, now tfwnogf.

Post your style. Talk is cheap.

sartorialist was/is HoNY of street shooters

The style you're looking for isn't gonna be found here, try /r/malefashionadvice. That's not being condescending that's being real, most dudes here try to dress like some variation in this picture, not literally or exactly but they dress young and trendy or in Rick, not what you're looking for