Is there an official term for the philosophy that life is so fundamentally absurd and inequitable that suicide is...

Is there an official term for the philosophy that life is so fundamentally absurd and inequitable that suicide is always a rational and righteous course of action?

modal realism

being a retard

absurdism familiamia

No, because prior to the internet, those who discovered it would commit suicide before the idea could spread.

This is the epitome of not even wrong

The Crawling In My Skin school

>life is absurd and unfair
>ill kill myself
Thats some 8th grade edgelord level logic if ive ever seen it.

Its not especially "unfair" its just lossy. Its a mess. The absurd only means there is no mandate to exist but if there is no mandate to exist why subscribe to a record of diminishing returns. Its called cutting your losses.

Kek okay, you can cut your losses right down your forearm. Ill continue eating good food, interacting with interesting people, reading good books, learning knew things, watching good shows, playing good games, and browsing sub-par weeb-based internet forums about "history & humanities"

I think adults are just children that can dissimulate anyway. I have no problem with espousing views on the basis that they allign with a developing mind in some stereotypical sense because I think the trappings of maturity only dig one deeper into self-delusion. communal incentives, organizations into superstructures and altruism are only ways to create the pretense of interdependence, which makes a convincing illusion that something is actually being accomplished, first by the individual and secondly by the community in its capacity to exalt the individual. But it really is just the artifice of "begging the question".

>.t 18 year old
Yeah, sure life's been really tough for you buddy

OK Peter Pan.

eugenics

The first nine paragraphs of the myth of sisyphus ignoring the rest of it

I didn't say that everyone had to commit suicide, just that if they choose it its automatically justified. Anyway we really need to foster the idea that maybe life is not for everyone. I can't think of a greater encroachment than interfering with a suicide. Particularly because suicide usually causes health complications if someone is unfortunate to outlive an attempt

Not a bad thing to do if I am to be honest. The rationale against suicide in that treatise is pretty flimsy. I think negative utility topples it.

Dude, go ahead and off yourself, im not stopping you. The less people using up resources the better. Youre just pixels on a screen to me. You will be deleted when this thread is pruned tomorrow morning.

It doesn't follow that if life is absurd, therefore suicide is righteous

I already got put in the hospital once because I tried to hang myself. While I was there I met a guy who suffered a stroke because he was resuscitated. I couldn't imagine how pissed off I would be if I stabbed myself 5 times and I suffered that kind of tremendous pain and I was nearly on my way out when the normie brigade decided it would be better if I lived another several decades as a fucking nematode.

Nice pity party m8. this time use a gun, they're cheap where im from. Or maybe throw yourself off something really high up. Or go see a shrink like a responsible human being instead of plaguing this board with your attention whoring.

You know, using superfluous words doesn't back your statement up.

Oh boy. Listen man no one here is going to agree with you. Go back to listening to Nine Inch Nails and pretending you understand Nietzsche.

It really hasn't. I would never claim such a thing. However I think it redounds to my argument that someone with all their needs accounted for can feel useless nebulous emotions like boredom and regret and "lack of fulfillment" and really no end of first world problems which are really no less significant than starvation because as a binary value they still indicate a negative value on life itself. Equanimity is asymptotic for a still conscious being.

They're illegal where I am from American swine

Nietzsche was an idiot

>Become the ubermensch even though you have no free will

Not really an idiot but self-contradictory to the point where any sort of prescriptive doctrine becomes perfectly useless. Nine Inch Nails is pretty bad.

>normie brigade
Lol
>Girls don't like me cause I talk like a fag
>life isn't for everyone
>supreme_gentleman.jpeg

Tall things are illegal too? How about driving into a lake? OD on Tylenol if you're really desperate. If you actually wanted to kill yourself, you'd do it already, instead of trying to make random people on an internet board feel bad for you.

Actually, I don't think he was of the opinion one could "become" an Ubermensch. It was something you either were or weren't. I'm not a fan of him personally.

>feel bad for you

This is what you idiots are making this about. I think there is a fundamental disconnect between me and other people because I attribute NO gravity to suicide. You are claiming I am being dramatic even though I have trivialized my own "suffering" and couched everything in very clinical language. You don't have a leg to stand on and I think all this memeing around is pretty much a defense mechanism because you think suicide is a spooky idea.

Dude, if you like the idea of suicide then fucking do it. No one is telling you not to. The world will be a better place when people dont have to listen to you spouting your bullshit.

>boredom and regret and "lack of fulfillment"
>no less significant than starvation
Kek
>I decided that everything that's bad is just as bad as the next thing even though no one agrees with me
How'd you come this great realization oh enlightened master?
>Equanimity is asymptotic for a still conscious being
You know, alcohol is a depressant. Might wanna cut yourself off and get some rest champ

No it isn't. Its the kind of place where Annie Wilkes nurses you back to "health" so you can go back to your shitty life sans the use of your legs. "kill yourself" is not a form of argumentation. All I can say is I am working on it.

I am only saying because the ultimately conclusion that life is just an idiotic cycle of addiction. Its senseless to countenance even the most mundane annoyances of quotidian existence for their sheer numeracy and frequency. No matter how many opiates the brain releases its never going to nullify entropy as a immutable universal law.

I could spend less time "plaguing the board" if my request was met and I could go and have a solidarity wank with opinions that support my confirmation bias boyooo

> fundamental disconnect between me and other people
Don't flatter yourself you're not special. This whole website is about memeing around and always as been it's not a defense mechanism. No one is engaging you in real conversation because you won't engage in one. All you're gonna do is respond with an angry paragraph stringing together pointless vocab that doesn't have any real meaning. That shows me you're not interested in talking either, you just want people to listen. The real question is why do you care if we listen? If you don't care, why even post at all?

Also if I kill myself then how am I going to find disciples for my death cult? I mean come on famiglia

Don't you mean I am actually the only one engaging in a real conversation? One which was at its inception a derailment caused by the influx of idiots with strong opinions about how much of "a given" life is?

Don't you mean I am actually the only one engaging in a real conversation? One which was from the getgo a derailment caused by the influx of idiots with strong opinions about how much of "a given" life is?

If life is absurd, what is not absurd then?
Why run away from absurdity if this is your only reality?

>"I don't like it"
Moral positions are life positions, so the fact you like or not is as absurd as your life is absurd.

If your choices are absurd, why choose the absurdity of suicide rather than the absurdity of life?

>see a shrink

I wasn't aware that the very unscientific field of psychology could now negate rational thought.

If everything in life is meaningless then nothing should have been able to upset you enough drive you to suicide.

by absurd I mean there is no teleological basis for the existence of me or you or even humanity as a whole. Now I agree that alone is not enough to justify suicide. I think the justification of suicide comes from the negative utility of existence which is necessitated by basic thermodynamics

>the only one engaging in a real conversation
No, you're preaching and no one agrees with your message senpai. Time to thrown in the towel.

But I am actually trying to be obnoxious. I know I am being sanctimonious and stubborn and ignorant and any number of other things but its all in measure to the undue outrage and stonewalling that has been going on. Just give me the goods or let the thread autosage. Those are your options.

You don't know anything about thermodynamics. Just shut the fuck up

By committing suicide you are assuming the teleological basis for your existence is death.

Suicide is not rational at all ever.

That doesn't make any sense.

> Its a mess.
Make natalism great again.

>Don't flatter yourself you're not special

If I thought I was special I would probably not be inclined to kill myself on a whim. What is your point anyway? that nearly everybody also treats suicide casually and recognizes it as an inalienable right? Just think before you type this stuff. Its like you are on the cusp of adulthood and you repent for your teenage angst by attacking anyone for having some sort of opinion. embarrassing really

Nine Inch Nails is a pretty good answer to Coil and Prince but that's besides the point, this is my first time on Veeky Forums, I don't know what I think so far. It's like a bunch of teenagers roleplaying ebin intellectuals.

Suicidal nihilism xD

Shhh, don't ever be afraid, don't EVER justify yourself, you only show the world that you're weak and shaky, like a chihuahua. Be a Man and read Jack Donovan