Why is the fashion industry so...racist?

Why is the fashion industry so...racist?

Aesthetics doesn't try to meet race quotas

What does that have to do with anything asshat?

I don't think fashion industry is racist, every designer has their own personal taste and they just choose the models they like and most of them happen to be white.

it's not even the models. EVERY top designer is WHITE and this has to change.

well, it will change. but it should change now.

If you mean high fashion, it's because the customers with lots of money are white. I think many are racist too.

In either case it's because they know their customers. A related question: 'why should one aspire to wear the fashion of rich white people?'

>blaming white people for a lack of minority designers

hahahah

maybe because the best fashion design schools are in europe and most white people in europe are white?
also third world countries have other things to worry about, a poor person in a 3rd world country who can afford college is going to study to be a lawyer or a doctor because it's easy and faster to make money that way to help their family, he's not going to risk their economy by studying fashion design.
Oh, rick owens is half mexican, boris bidjan saberi is half persian, yohji is asian... you're just ignorant . (that's not bad, you can learn)

>this has to change

Why?

because it's 2016?

So?

TUMBLR
U
M
B
L
R

are you stupid? who cares if white people design clothes? they do a nice job and that's what they should do, who cares if they're white or not? White people are not bad and there are worse issues than "racism" (kek) in the fashion industry. Also the names you see on fashion shows are not the only people working on designing and making clothes in general, personally I know some brown people who work with known designers.

>getting b8d on this hard

Nice try Trudeau

This is exactly why it will never change, jesus stupid monkey

pretty sure it's because high fashion has its roots in white europe and an industry as closed as fashion will perpetuate status quo

there are plenty of counterexamples though
see Yohji, Rei, Haider Ackermann, Oscar de la Renta or Rousteing if you want to talk classic fashion houses

white people are betterer

Please just go back to your containment board

LMAO fucking idiots i cant believe you're dumb enough to fall for bait this bad I even tried to make it really obvious

Would love to watch her get fucked by niggers.

As a black person here's my level headed view.

The US has only been unsegregated for around 50 years. That's two barely 2 generations. The first generation had to still deal with a very racist world, those institutions and opportunities wouldn't have been presented to them really no matter how good they were. Even if they were it was low level and few and far between.

This second generation (The current one) has to deal with the an internal racism from the older generations and those around them. Black people are very very defensive of their culture. As a kid I would get teased and get shit for liking anything "white" this included most art, art is often times considered "girly" and the black community is hyper-masculine so you can see how the two won't mix. It wasn't until recently that people like Kanye and Tyler the Creator made it cool to be nerdy, creative, and black. It wasn't even cool to really care about fashion growing up either unless it was super urban like Lot29, Bape, and Iceburg.

Even then with this creative door opened up, the people who run most houses grew up in the older generation and are still somewhat racist. So you can see where the glass celling comes it. It doesn't help with brands like Vetements not opening the door to black people as well.

All this being said the generation where it's cool to be black and creative is still very young. Do you really think they're going to just hand some black 22 year old off the street CD at Jil Sander becuase she's black? No. That has to be earned. Black people have to work their way up to the top like everyone else. There's really no way for that to have happened with segregation being abolished barley 50 years ago.

It hasn't changed because no black designer (that I've seen atleast) so far tries to challenge the norm and do something different.

>off white
literal shit tier

African designers that are lesser known, using their own country elements in their own country I would assume are doing well. But unless they're more mainstream, you're not going to see many black designers out there. No one would mind seeing a black designer in the high end industry, but there's yet to be one, not that no one wants one but no one has actually bothered so far.

>This second generation (The current one) has to deal with the an internal racism from the older generations and those around them.

stopped reading here
>le racism will die when the old people die xD

is a meme that needs to die

Because crackas like whites.

Yeah you obviously did. Because if you kept reading you would have understood by the next sentence I was talking about Black people oppressing and chastising other black people for enjoying and talking part in white culture and having "white interests"

Seriously being a ignorant isn't cool

fuck outta here chimp

Why are niggers so obsessed with skin color?

Because beauty is not subjective.

Homosexuals are fascists???

It will change when there will be better designrs that are part of a minority. Your opinions on some """""""""" designers"""""""""" that are part of a minority doesn't matter.

there are literally tons of non white popular designers man.

> 15 year old detected.

TOP KEK MY DUDE AHAHAHA