Veeky Forums meets /mu/

Is my mixtape cover Veeky Forums?
How would this aesthetic look translated into merch?

Also fashionxmusic thread
post your album cover inspo and band merch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sGqaoEDcqyk&list=PLQVcWM0lqXE5Y0PJJn0cQXfMPmGNqN1eG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

compared to other mixtape covers, I would say it's pretty Veeky Forums

looks like shit my man

Any suggestions for change?

here's my cover tell me how shitty it is

Something about the font in the top left bothers me, it looks alright for the "to be titled" though. the parental advisory looks too clear to me for the "fuzziness" of the rest of the picture. it's digital whereas the rest is hand drawn and has that look to it. maybe blur that? or make it less opaque? I think it's well drawn and looks good for the most part, like I said it's really only the font that troubles me because it seems cheesy or something. looks like it's 90% of the way to being pretty Veeky Forums to me

lol

looks pretty good, idk what kind of music you make but to me it looks like indy/folk/alternative/electronic or something like that

I took your advice on the parental advisory logo and added the skyline to fill up negative space

The font is supposed to be cheesy, hip hop to me is largely about iconography/recognizability that's why streetwear is all about the branding/logos, so I picked a font that was decidedly hip hop

this is the back

merch is in the works

the text's typeface for the top left is just wrong? Maybe because the title is in caps but that isn't?
Your artwork is chill though keep that

okay I did capitalize it

Just looks like fucking shoegaze and I'm terrible with fonts. Don't be gentle, tell me what you think about it and mainly what you'd want to change

Shit typography.

I'm reading this phonetically as Muh Viscuits. Don't is also bad, but the photo is okay.

If it was me, I'd probably print a really high quality version of it and write the name on it by hand, then rescan. Maybe use a transparency to test out different hand writing styles.

Font, not don't.

Man it would look funny as hell if I used my handwriting for the cover. Like the idea though, thanks

what's a better font, then? I'm new to graphic design.

looks better. also make somewhere between hip-hop, pbrnb, and alternative I guess. I don't like defining my music by a genre because then people judge it before hearing it.

is beatles fashionable as fuck
i could put anything they´ve done inna H&M 30 second ad
youtube.com/watch?v=sGqaoEDcqyk&list=PLQVcWM0lqXE5Y0PJJn0cQXfMPmGNqN1eG

Dude this is so bad, start over. This isn't even bootleg worthy, and I'm sure the music is just as attrocious as the piece of shit album cover i'm looking at.

memes

All variations of this will be shit. This is what you would expect from a middle class uk white kid thats got an art degree. Have some originality. Relate it to the music. Yeah somewhat hypocritical of me, but I can tell it would be poor anyway.

2 second artwork lol

this is eh. change the text and make it slightly bigger. think about taking it out of the very corner.

if you listened to the music you would see it relates

also not from the uk

also not white

You clearly have little experience with graphic design. The hand drawn aesthetic is extremely hard to pull off as an album cover especially when done digitally as it generally does not add any significant value that a well composed photo inherently has. The only good thing you have is the back cover, and even that has issues with the pattern surrounding the text. I'd suggest either having some one who knows what they are doing design the cover, or use a high quality photo of the composition you want with minimal use of text. The font is alright as long as you fix the kerning and that "TO BE" is actually centered over "TITLED". Also, this may be somewhat nit picky but w/e, making sure the letters are the same size would help slightly (in "TO BE TITLED", the production label can stay the same.)

Change font and placement of text. The image has clearly been stretched beyond its original size. Other than that I like the image ;)

do it 4 me

mixtaped are pretty much obselete at this point
so you should take this shit and put it in the trash where it belongs
And then don't release a real project until you're already successful enough to afford a real artist to make cool artwork for it

Fix the fonts so To be tilted lines up better with sizing, I would put the words slightly higher and further to the left, take the necklace in his hand out, lose the bandana on the face, cigarette parental advisory and palm tree looks like shit to me but maybe it's relevant to the music
Most important change though, his right foot, look closely at it and I don't think it could physically be in that position

When you Veeky Forums but will still dunk on a nigga quick

truf

Shadow in the bottom throws it off and the quality isn't that great which sucks because this composition is far better than your original image :c

Here is what I managed to come up with. All I did was crop the image, straighten the horizon and add some basic levels and curves adjustment layers. Obviously I was not able to modify the text, but you could just copy what I did and then re-center and straighten the text again. I was also considering making it b/w but that tends to detract from the image, but I do think it would look interesting with a b/w background and the text being red. I really like the composition you managed to create with such a simple subject (especially the street in the back), I just wish you used a higher quality camera :c. Hope my suggestions have helped if this is indeed OP. (Its user who suggested you use a photograph from before btw ;) )

laughed out loud. thanks