Bill Cunningham, Legendary Times Fashion Photographer, Dies at 87

>"Bill Cunningham, who turned fashion photography into his own branch of cultural anthropology on the streets of New York, chronicling an era’s ever-changing social scene for The New York Times by training his busily observant lens on what people wore — stylishly, flamboyantly or just plain sensibly — died on Saturday in Manhattan. He was 87."

Get in here Veeky Forums. . . Lets pay our respects.

Good Night Sweet Prince

Good night you wonderful man

made a thread about him last night but I think it was too late for all western hemisphere folks

I will miss the hell out of him
My sunday papers will never be the same

You'll be missed.

F

Literally who?

fashion photographer for NY Times for forever. there's a documentary about him (pic related). I think it's on Netflix if you wanna check it out... it used to be at least. it was funny when those girls thought he was taking creep shots and he just laughed it off.

>some old white fart dies

wow, who cares? old person died, duh, that's what they do. and he's white too.

good riddance

how's the 8th grade going, edgelord?

kek its about that time kids leave school for the summer too

8th grader confirmed

RIP you glorious bastard.

Aw :(

One of the biggest things I remember from the documentary is the questions they asked him about being in relationships, and I felt awful he had never been with a woman before. It's just weird to think about someone being so involved in their work that they're able to put aside something that is paramount for most other people. Just goes to show that he really dedicated his life to his craft and I think there's something very noble about that. RIP Cunningham, you're a legend in life and in death.

Rest in peace you legend

there was a wonderful doc about it i can't recall how it was called however, seemed like a really nice guy

yikes
bill cunningham dies and this thread only has 14 replies

Veeky Forums confirmed for irrelevant shithole, the real world of fashion was wrecked by this

Met him when i visited rockefeller center a few years back. sweet guy... sad to hear about this

When you realize that the majority of /fa has no idea who this man was, and even worse, doesn't care

Thankyou for putting fashion into perspective for us Bill. Watching his documentary made me realize how boring everyone really looks on the outside and inspired me to express myself through my clothes again.

wonderful man who's passion lasted his whole life. i'm so happy that he enjoyed fashion so much

disgusting, isn't it